Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

KP Tech: Turning headlights on w/ keyfob; anyone interested?

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 12:46 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no ipod, lights off inside. switch is set to off. everything is off. i even turn my lights off manually now so they are off right when i turn off my car. ITS BS
Old 11-10-2008, 12:52 AM
NIGHTLFEphantom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would be interested in something like this also.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
I'm down for this too !
Old 11-10-2008, 06:31 PM
KPierson
Banned

I got two ideas to make this work - the first would be to send a short 1 second pulse to the ignition input of the BCM. This should cause the auto headlights to come on - IF the switch is left in AUTO and it is dark.

The second would involve making the BCM think the headlight switch is turned to the "ON" position for ~30 seconds or so. This would cause the headlights to come on every time, regardless of what position the switch was left in. The only thing I'm not sure of is how the BCM will respond if the headlight switch is left in auto and the KPtech module tells the BCM the headlight switch is also in the "ON" position. Naturally, this can't happen in the real world so it will be interesting to see how the BCM reacts.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:57 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin is the chit!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 10:06 PM
AndrewDDS

Originally Posted by KPierson
I got two ideas to make this work - the first would be to send a short 1 second pulse to the ignition input of the BCM. This should cause the auto headlights to come on - IF the switch is left in AUTO and it is dark.

The second would involve making the BCM think the headlight switch is turned to the "ON" position for ~30 seconds or so. This would cause the headlights to come on every time, regardless of what position the switch was left in. The only thing I'm not sure of is how the BCM will respond if the headlight switch is left in auto and the KPtech module tells the BCM the headlight switch is also in the "ON" position. Naturally, this can't happen in the real world so it will be interesting to see how the BCM reacts.
I like the first option better. If you decide to put something together, I'm more than willing to swing by and test it out!! However, we might need to find a heated garage this time....
Old 11-11-2008, 06:15 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
I like the first option better. If you decide to put something together, I'm more than willing to swing by and test it out!! However, we might need to find a heated garage this time....
Haha, I have a heater that is more then capable of keeping my garage warm. I guess I didn't realize how cold it was or I would have fired it up!
Old 11-12-2008, 12:23 AM
DarkG37s

Originally Posted by KPierson
Haha, I have a heater that is more then capable of keeping my garage warm. I guess I didn't realize how cold it was or I would have fired it up!
I noticed in your sig you can control the sunroof and roll up your windows from the outside. Let me get in on that...
Old 11-12-2008, 06:20 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by DarkG37s
I noticed in your sig you can control the sunroof and roll up your windows from the outside. Let me get in on that...
www.KPtechnologies.com