Body Interior Exterior Lighting

So Cal War Machine [work in progress]

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DdotRoq
I constructively criticize you for using the same type of name. I'm familiar with "War Machine" as a comic but not with what it was compared to the g37 until I read this thread.

I am honestly very disappointed to hear you chose to label it "War Machine", rather than coming up with an alternative name for it, and even if I were from the westcoast, I would not buy into such form of bootleg product, primarily because of the name given.

Now to reiterate my post - I am not bashing you, I am all for it; the westcoast can have their own form of "Iron Man", but to be unique, why not label it something that distinguishes your product from Igor's to then be two seperate products, rather than you attempting to be the "Successor" to Igor by labeling yours the Iron Man's "Successor Suit"?

I mean the name given is as if Ford comes out with a coupe and labels it G37 Type-R and looks like the G37 with minor tweaks. We will all spit and laugh at any and all because it is a mimic of a great product, and whether it may very well be the next best thing, it will be a crappy imitation in our eyes.

The competitor to 7-up was not called 8-up.

No one bought a "Vii" (Google if your unfamiliar - Google Images captures it best).

Just my $.02.

Dave
^ I understand it's just your .$02, but understand it's not a "bootleg"... A "bootleg" is considered copying something that is either copyrighted or that has a patent... The Iron Man mod doesn't... It's just a name... He's not being a successor to Igor either, Igor came up with the Iron Man, and he's said it before that he doesn't mind anyone who takes his idea and tweaks it... Why do people have such a problem with this? I mean look at the tags... "fake x-vert", "igor ftw", "nyc hater punks" <--- (WHAT THE???) Sheesh... Let people do whatever they please to their cars... Please do not delete this post mods... I am in no way bashing anyone directly or indirectly...
Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by gamedog
^ I understand it's just your .$02, but understand it's not a "bootleg"... A "bootleg" is considered copying something that is either copyrighted or that has a patent... The Iron Man mod doesn't... It's just a name... He's not being a successor to Igor either, Igor came up with the Iron Man, and he's said it before that he doesn't mind anyone who takes his idea and tweaks it... Why do people have such a problem with this? I mean look at the tags... "fake x-vert", "igor ftw", "nyc hater punks" <--- (WHAT THE???) Sheesh... Let people do whatever they please to their cars... Please do not delete this post mods... I am in no way bashing anyone directly or indirectly...
Agree with ya Gamedog.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:07 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why so many ignorant morons complaining about this headlight mod, if you don't like it, just say so. Who cares where the idea came from. Igor gave his compliments about these LEDs mod, so therefore shut up

jeez, some ppl are just retarded. NYC haters, fake ironman.......blah blah........

you know what, these are actually an upgrade from the Ironman's
Old 11-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Thanks Blackjack... Like teh new tag too... "stupid tags=stupid ppl"... Hehehe
Old 11-03-2008, 04:11 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Thanks Blackjack... Like teh new tag too... "stupid tags=stupid ppl"... Hehehe
thanks, someone had to make it
Old 11-03-2008, 04:13 PM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not criticizing for tweaking for the better, on the contrary - I support him 100%, I am criticizing for lack of originality in the NAME. I probably wouldn't have even posted if he would have called it anything else, i would care less if its called "Sonic Eyes" to something completely uncalled for like: "Pu$$y Attracing Mod".

That is all. Oh yeah, I didn't add the tags, I'm not even from NY.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:16 PM
nogoodname
Banned

true, the name is a Fail, but he can always change it...lol..it's not written in stone.

call it radio-active lights....eh
Old 11-03-2008, 04:20 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I am not criticizing for tweaking for the better, on the contrary - I support him 100%, I am criticizing for lack of originality in the NAME. I probably wouldn't have even posted if he would have called it anything else, i would care less if its called "Sonic Eyes" to something completely uncalled for like: "Pu$$y Attracing Mod".

That is all. Oh yeah, I didn't add the tags, I'm not even from NY.

It's called war machine because its an upgrade from the iron man mod just like in the comics. Maybe some people would google it first before judging what he has done. Bunch of haterz!!!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:37 PM
nogoodname
Banned

back to the point of this thread,

how will these function in the G, are these parking lights, DRL lights or simply on/off lights via separate switch??
Old 11-03-2008, 04:38 PM
DdotRoq
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by n_jay888
It's called war machine because its an upgrade from the iron man mod just like in the comics. Maybe some people would google it first before judging what he has done. Bunch of haterz!!!

Thats why I am criticizing. It is NOT an upgrade. It is a unique mod borrowing the ideas of the "true Iron Man".

Only Igor can "Upgrade" the mod as he is the originator, however, someone can make something similiar that may be nicer and be its competitor, and maybe even get hundreds more sales, etc.

For example, Honda cannot "upgrade the G37" and Apple cannot "Upgrade Windows Vista".

Bleh, I give up, Back to PS3.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
nogoodname
Banned

I'll repeat.....LOL

back to the point of this thread,

how will these function in the G, are these parking lights, DRL lights or simply on/off lights via separate switch??
Old 11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
n_jay888

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Thats why I am criticizing. It is NOT an upgrade. It is a unique mod borrowing the ideas of the "true Iron Man".

Only Igor can "Upgrade" the mod as he is the originator, however, someone can make something similiar that may be nicer and be its competitor, and maybe even get hundreds more sales, etc.

For example, Honda cannot "upgrade the G37" and Apple cannot "Upgrade Windows Vista".

Bleh, I give up, Back to PS3.

up·grade (pgrd)
v. up·grad·ed, up·grad·ing, up·grades
v.tr.
1. To raise to a higher grade or standard.

2. To replace (a hardware device) with one that provides better performance.

v.intr.
1. To exchange a possession for one of greater value or quality; trade up.
n.
1. The act or an instance of upgrading.
2. Computer Science
a. A software program that provides added enhancements over an earlier version.
b. A hardware device that provides greater performance than an earlier model.

3. An upward incline.

4. Improving or progressing.

Upgrade your PS3 with an Xbox!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:55 PM
nogoodname
Banned

why not throw more garbage in this thread after some posts have been deleted
Old 11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by n_jay888
up·grade (pgrd)
v. up·grad·ed, up·grad·ing, up·grades
v.tr.
1. To raise to a higher grade or standard.

2. To replace (a hardware device) with one that provides better performance.

v.intr.
1. To exchange a possession for one of greater value or quality; trade up.
n.
1. The act or an instance of upgrading.
2. Computer Science
a. A software program that provides added enhancements over an earlier version.
b. A hardware device that provides greater performance than an earlier model.

3. An upward incline.

4. Improving or progressing.

Upgrade your PS3 with an Xbox!

Old 11-03-2008, 05:20 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I constructively criticize you for using the same type of name. I'm familiar with "War Machine" as a comic but not with what it was compared to the g37 until I read this thread.

I am honestly very disappointed to hear you chose to label it "War Machine", rather than coming up with an alternative name for it, and even if I were from the westcoast, I would not buy into such form of bootleg product, primarily because of the name given.

Now to reiterate my post - I am not bashing you, I am all for it; the westcoast can have their own form of "Iron Man", but to be unique, why not label it something that distinguishes your product from Igor's to then be two seperate products, rather than you attempting to be the "Successor" to Igor by labeling yours the Iron Man's "Successor Suit"?

I mean the name given is as if Ford comes out with a coupe and labels it G37 Type-R and looks like the G37 with minor tweaks. We will all spit and laugh at any and all because it is a mimic of a great product, and whether it may very well be the next best thing, it will be a crappy imitation in our eyes.

The competitor to 7-up was not called 8-up.

No one bought a "Vii" (Google if your unfamiliar - Google Images captures it best).

Just my $.02.

Dave
Point very well taken, Dave. Thanks for bringing it up to my attention because this is NOT going to be named "war machine". It was only a joke for the time being. It was just something I threw up last minute, not the final name (if a name were to be given) in any way.

Quick Reply: So Cal War Machine [work in progress]