Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Squeak or Tension on the Roof Area

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 06:14 PM
siperwrx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Throw me on the A-Pillar list, calling the dealership tomorrow.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:11 PM
Oggie

The squeak is still there after they have tighten the A-pillar again. This is the 2nd time. Going onto the 3rd try. This is getting unreal.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:29 PM
04STi208G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pop

mine does not squeek. It pops. Def body flex as I roll off / on to the driveway / street gutter curb. I have a co worker who has this in his 04 G35. He is still bickering with Infiniti and the dealer.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:32 PM
DrJones

Mine has the noise. Its one of those things you learn to live with
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 PM
mdr955

Originally Posted by DrJones
Mine has the noise. Its one of those things you learn to live with
Speak for yourself.

I can deal with a rattle here and there and a tick or two, but the squek I had was not a deal with it problem.

The dealer was very motivated to get it fixed for me and thought it is not something that you should have to deal with.

Mine was not the moonroof at all. The way he described it was that the roof is made up of overlapping panels of metal, these were rubbing together on certin flexing causing the noise. I guess it was near the junction of the apillar and roof.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:29 PM
BiskitG37

I don't have this problem with my G - but I'm starting to get a little paranoid reading about everyone else.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
fmrlegend
Registered Member

Dam, I didn't think it was all that serious..... but broken welds, sheet metal overlapping and all? . I don't think that sits to well with me. Squeks alone, no biggy for me. I'l probably bring mine in soon to have it checked out.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:05 AM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have body flex as I roll off n on to the driveway so idk if should bring it to the dealer. Doesnt bother me that much, what i'm afraid of is taking it to the dealer n later having the body flex worst than before or having any other noises from other areas...what should i do.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:22 PM
The Jewbag

I have the creak in the A-Pillar too....I only hear it going over bumps/pulling into a driveway....taking my car in for it's first service and I'm going to mention something....does anyone have a "Ping" noise when on a slope and putting the car into "PARK" from "DRIVE"?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:08 PM
Mayu

Word to the wise... get it fixed!!

I picked up my G37 Sport with all options but 4 wheel sterring on April 1st of this year. As I had just dropped off my 2001 Civic Coupe (trade in), the plush RWD in the G was pretty sweet. Nevertheless, the first speed bump leaving the lot resulted in a very (VERY) minor creak in the A-pillar. I thought nothing of it and assumed new rubber seals were making contact and a few miles would let it settle.

Well, by June (2 months) the creak was so loud I refused to give friends a ride in my $55K (CAD) car from embarrassment. Took it to the dealer for an oil change and mentioned the creak, they could not locate but were very enthusiastic to fix and mentioned the body shop would be needed. Further, they wanted a full week with the car and booked an apppointment for a few weeks later. AS scheduled, I dropped it off and by end of the week, they still could not locate BUT were certain there was a broken weld. Booked me in for another week and I dropped it off. They had it for a week and 2 days before finally calling to let me know it was fixed.

Must say, minus the dents they put in the roof (not sure if I should take it back again cuz of the dents), the creak is gone and the car feels so much more stiffer!! However, I think I let mine go far too long because the roof liner now rattles and squeaks. Not sure if they failed to put it back on correctly or having it ripped off a few times has taken its toll. Nothing a little loud music can not cure, but still a severe dissappointment in otherwise a gorgeous and well built machine.

Point is, get it checked out, for it is under warranty and seems to get worse with time.

This should not be like this and anyone telling you this is "normal" is lying to you!! Also, you should not have to live with squeaks, rattles, and worse, broken welds, in a car meant to be driven fast under excessive forces. Especially within the first year.

In the back of the Infiniti manual is the number to Infiniti Consumer Affairs Department. I was seriously debating giving the number a call but figured they would give one schmuck like me the runaround. I say we band together and give them a few calls.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Mayu

Originally Posted by benhoffmann
....does anyone have a "Ping" noise when on a slope and putting the car into "PARK" from "DRIVE"?

No, but had a knocking sound coming from the engine when hot (after 15 mins of hwy driving). In drive throughs, because of the echo, it sounded like a truck motor. Thought a cam was knocking.

Apparently it was the VVEL timing motor and needed to be reprogrammed. Purrs like its supposed to now!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:44 PM
The Jewbag

No i dont have that....sounds like a small "Ping" when I switch into park on a slope...
Old 10-29-2008, 03:52 PM
frcefed

If I bring my car to the dealer and they say that the issues were welds not holding etc.. I'm going sell it. In my eyes that isn't a defect I can deal with. It would be a new car or nothing at all. But that's just me, especially after the crap I went through with my 335i, I'm defenitly not going to deal with issues like this.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Mayu

Originally Posted by frcefed
If I bring my car to the dealer and they say that the issues were welds not holding etc.. I'm going sell it. In my eyes that isn't a defect I can deal with. It would be a new car or nothing at all. But that's just me, especially after the crap I went through with my 335i, I'm defenitly not going to deal with issues like this.

I thought the same thing, then I considered the $10k to 15k i will probably loose.

What was wrong with the 335? Part of me is wishing I had paid the extra $$ for the 335 despite its short list of standard features or considered the A5?
Old 10-29-2008, 04:10 PM
frcefed

I saved some coin buying near the end of the year so I wouldn't lose that much and if I buy another year end vehicle then it would compensate for the loss.

335i was nothing but problems (SES, check engines, codes left and right) I brought it to the dealer(I think around 6-7 times) and the last time I told them they got one more chance. So I sold it, I should have to deal with crap like this especially when you spend that much on a vehicle. Correction, no one should deal with this kind of crap with any vehicle.

Quick Reply: Squeak or Tension on the Roof Area