Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Squeak or Tension on the Roof Area

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 04:17 PM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
when i had my strut bar and my springs installed i noticed this noise and now it really only happens when im at some insane angle where the car is flexing like crazy
Old 09-19-2008, 04:55 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by onlyhyon
i had exact same problem and i went 5different dealer for it.. but they all said nothing wrong with it infiniti made g37 like that from factory..... but when i took it to tustin dealer... they fixed it in 1 min.. it was wax left over in the sun roof area... they used 3m*** not sure what it was but brand was 3m and he used that to clean the area
Left over wax?? Huh?
Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 PM
Gday
Banned

Originally Posted by Achilles
Left over wax?? Huh?
With the G35, it was a loose bolt. (if you herd a clanking sound.. Just like the rear axle click.. Loose bolt.

But if its squeaking, not sure.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Oggie

Do you think the noise could come from the A-pillar where the exterior piece meets up with the roof? This piece is made of pastic instead of metal. I will hear a noise wheneven I go down on my driveway. I have learned to accept it.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:52 PM
firstnonly

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oggie
Do you think the noise could come from the A-pillar where the exterior piece meets up with the roof? This piece is made of pastic instead of metal. I will hear a noise wheneven I go down on my driveway. I have learned to accept it.
I def hear mine coming from the A-pillar too......its annoying!!!!!!

But I do feel better that I'm not the only one.
Old 09-20-2008, 07:20 PM
BiskitG37

Wow - guess I'm really lucky I didn't have it with my 06 G35 or my G37.
(Either that or I'm deaf.... )
Old 09-21-2008, 11:56 AM
nhautman

Had my G37S for less than a week. Took it to the dealer because the TPMS needed to be reset. When they asked if anything else is wrong, I told them there was a squeak high in the driver's side door that I get when I go over bumps.

They called me back to say they heard it too, and a tech, a shop foreman, and the service manager were still unable to find the source. They eventually found some spot welds in the front A-pillar that either broke loose or didn't hold from the factory.

Now I have to wait a week while they send it to a body shop to get it fixed. They gave me a '07 G35x with no options. I forgot how bad terrestrial radio was.
Old 09-21-2008, 05:35 PM
wtf09876

^^lmao "terrestrial radio"
Old 09-22-2008, 09:59 AM
Igor911

Originally Posted by nhautman
Had my G37S for less than a week. Took it to the dealer because the TPMS needed to be reset. When they asked if anything else is wrong, I told them there was a squeak high in the driver's side door that I get when I go over bumps.

They called me back to say they heard it too, and a tech, a shop foreman, and the service manager were still unable to find the source. They eventually found some spot welds in the front A-pillar that either broke loose or didn't hold from the factory.

Now I have to wait a week while they send it to a body shop to get it fixed. They gave me a '07 G35x with no options. I forgot how bad terrestrial radio was.
That's what my dealer recommended to do was send it to the body shop. Please let us know what happens.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:34 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by onlyhyon
i had exact same problem and i went 5different dealer for it.. but they all said nothing wrong with it infiniti made g37 like that from factory..... but when i took it to tustin dealer... they fixed it in 1 min.. it was wax left over in the sun roof area... they used 3m*** not sure what it was but brand was 3m and he used that to clean the area
thats interesting! coz i always go to tustin and they told me its how the car is made so no big deal. lol
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM
Infinite G37S

I have the same issue, its a car, not a bank vault, all cars do it, its worse with the visor open and even worse with the moonroof open. However, mine does not do it over bumps, just when I approach driveway easments at a sharp angle, I will get a good few creaks from above my head.

+1 for being annoying, but I have not driven a car that does not creak/rattle.

Last edited by Infinite G37S; 09-22-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:27 PM
nhautman

Got an update today. 14 welds had broken loose. Are you kidding me? They said the car won't be ready until Thursday or Friday. I'll let you know when I get it back.

Mind you, I only had the car for little over a week and it only has 500 miles. Has to be some defect from the factory.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:29 PM
nhautman

BTW, it's all covered by warranty.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:28 AM
Sweeet P

This was my reply to another member about sunroof problems they were having:

Had a very obvious creaking sound from my sunroof when the car was unleveled (turning up into and down out of a driveway, steering left to right on a street where their is a gutter in the middle). Took it to dealer. Dealer said they had to retorque and lube. All good after.

To add...this sound I think you all are talking about is very noticeable. When I dropped it off at the dealer to fix...they said they wish I could drive it with them to point out the sound issue. I said "Don't worry, you'll hear it".

Hope this helps.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:07 PM
Oggie

This assessment from the dealer is suspious. You should ask them to show you before going ahead. Let's us know the outcome at the end.

Originally Posted by nhautman
Got an update today. 14 welds had broken loose. Are you kidding me? They said the car won't be ready until Thursday or Friday. I'll let you know when I get it back.

Mind you, I only had the car for little over a week and it only has 500 miles. Has to be some defect from the factory.

Quick Reply: Squeak or Tension on the Roof Area