Old 09-09-2008, 09:32 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
i wouldnt do that on a G37
Old 09-10-2008, 12:42 AM
da mayor

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
it'll be interesting. i'm suprising no one tried the knight rider lights yet either
Old 09-10-2008, 01:10 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Dude... GOOD LUCK, sounds like an amazing project, I certainly wouldn't mind you taking my mod and making it even better. In fact, if you need any help, hit me up, but I'm no where near sophisticated with LED's and controlling them as you are, I used the most basic ways of installing this Iron-man, w/e makes my job quick, efficient, and looks good, but trust me... I know theres TONS of room for improvement. What you are trying to do is way beyond my imagination, because I know how much wiring and programing something like that takes.

Once I move into my shop, I will do everything I can to improve my LED mods for my customers, and I hope by then you've figured out a way to master this mod so the rest of the forum can enjoy something like it.

Good luck again, and keep us posted.

Feel free to use any of my pictures for reference.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:15 AM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^good man.
cant wait till something develops from this and then maybe x-vert could install for users not wanting to DIY hell i know i wouldnt mind color fading led's
Old 09-10-2008, 03:06 AM
Xander

that's a pretty sweet idea.

Why don't you try some rgb led's? You can get them on one chip and you can use a pre made rgb controller or make one yourself.You could also use 3-4 rgb controllers and relays that run when you need them.

Last edited by Xander; 09-10-2008 at 03:10 AM.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:38 AM
Vexamus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by X-Vert
Dude... GOOD LUCK, sounds like an amazing project, I certainly wouldn't mind you taking my mod and making it even better. In fact, if you need any help, hit me up, but I'm no where near sophisticated with LED's and controlling them as you are, I used the most basic ways of installing this Iron-man, w/e makes my job quick, efficient, and looks good, but trust me... I know theres TONS of room for improvement. What you are trying to do is way beyond my imagination, because I know how much wiring and programing something like that takes.

Once I move into my shop, I will do everything I can to improve my LED mods for my customers, and I hope by then you've figured out a way to master this mod so the rest of the forum can enjoy something like it.

Good luck again, and keep us posted.

Feel free to use any of my pictures for reference.
Dude, thanks for the encouragement. That means a lot. And like I said, I'm keeping everything, both the hardware design and the software open source. For all to enjoy. I think it would be cool for you to incorporate this as an option for those that don't want to diy. I'll be in touch!
Old 09-10-2008, 08:41 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
sounds like a good idea... but super hard to do.... good luck on this!!

Will blinking on and off hurt the life of LEDs? anyone?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Vexamus

Nope, the LED's in your xbox360 face and controllers are all pulse width modulated.. along with the LED's in your alarm clock. That's how you properly get an LED to fade.
Old 09-10-2008, 01:21 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It'll be sick if you can make the LEDs in the projector shroud to blink when you turn on the turn signal...
Old 09-10-2008, 08:04 PM
J.Oh

^seriously +1 that would be unique
Old 09-10-2008, 08:06 PM
Vexamus

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
It'll be sick if you can make the LEDs in the projector shroud to blink when you turn on the turn signal...
Or I could make the low output of the relay trigger the light to circle around the projector(fading away like a trail) and then on the high side fade in and out within that time frame. That'd be catchy.

thanks for your ideas, encouragement and enthusiasm.
Old 09-10-2008, 08:09 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll be sick if you can also make a module that fades the tail LED lights...

OMG... I can just see that in my head. hahahahaha
Old 09-10-2008, 08:15 PM
Vexamus

I'm considering including outputs for the tail lights and tail turn signals(converted to LED, I mean seriously infinity, incandescent lights in 2008???).

I'm going to over complicate the hell out of this module and then work back from that. So keep the ideas coming.

Keep in mind, I can use ANY input from the car's sensors or computer as long as I it is transmitted over a wire. My goal actually would be to have this module plug right in between the car's computer and the harness. And create an entire harness to be installed into the car to facilitate this.

Some of my stumbling blocks thus far at this point is interfacing with the computer without pissing it or the engine off. And anytime you're ****ing with inputs and outputs on the security system you risk a breach or exploit in the security system.

What may actually happen is the module will have a separate set of modules that will goin in place of fuses in both interior and exterior fuse boxes, then the fuses will go into the modules all being fed by high temp resistant ribbon wire terminating to a rubberized harness all going to the main module. I haven't chosen a core chip for the control module yet but seeing as how complex it's getting I may be going for more than just logic IC's and more into stand-alone microprocessor/memory/nvram packages. What would be really cool but highly highly unlikely is that once installed you could download presets and patterns off the web and load them into the module using the car's own computer and a CF card. How bad *** would that be?
Old 09-10-2008, 08:22 PM
Igor911

This sounds pretty cool...I'd be interested to see what happens of this.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:13 PM
Tillyhawk19

i agree with GameDog

Quick Reply: [Project]Ironman Digital