Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

windows leaking...took to dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 12:28 PM
g37sTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
windows leaking...took to dealer

took to grubbs infiniti in hurst, tx. i need an oil change and my windows are leaking when it rains. also my windshield wiper sprayers need to be re-aimed. The guy tells me it wil be 45 minuts and i can wait. i said no, ill take a car and you can call me (i knew it would not be 45 minutes) 2 HOURS later they call me and tell me that there is a tab on the window that is broken and they have to order a new window and it won't be in till wednesday (it was saturday when I took it in). They will also have to re-tint the window. This is all being paid for (i'm told) by infiniti. Has anyone else has this problem? It seems like a lot of work to me.
Old 08-31-2008, 12:44 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Never heard of that before, hope that solves your problem.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:07 PM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

I never heard of that either. The windsheild sprayers need to be re-aimed? What do they mean by that? On the g35 it was on the blade itself, i'm not sure how the 37 is built, i never used it yet!

I would also be kind of skeptical when they retint a window of yours unless they did it to begin with.

Normally if you are waiting on the car, they put you up on the list thats waiting to be done (and put the flashes on car ON to signify the customer is waiting). But if you say your leaving it then they will not have a high priority on it, thus taking a bit longer.
Old 08-31-2008, 01:10 PM
IP37

uh, which windows is leaking
Old 09-03-2008, 08:28 AM
g37sTX

both windows were leaking....i believe he said it was just the 'tab' on the driver's side window....the whole things seems wierd to me...they did not tint my window originally...i have not been pleased with their service either. loaner car was pretty dirty and smelled like b.o. had stains all over carpet and seats.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
My driver side windshield sprayer shoots over the roof of the car so prolly could use an adjustment as well.
Old 09-03-2008, 12:35 PM
BHCubed

my windows don't leak, but i washed my car a couple of days ago, when i rolled the window down and back up today, the window got all wet. i only noticed it on the driver's side, not sure if the pas. side did the same thing. there must still be moisture inside the window track or something. we haven't had any rain since i washed it either. is this what you are experiencing? anybody else experience this?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:04 PM
g37sTX

no i am literally having water drip in on the tweeters when it rains....

UPDATE: I received a call from Grubbs today...my car is ready! I drive to go pick it up, drop off the loaner, do the paperwork, etc.... They pull my car around and there is an untinted passenger window on it. I have to laugh. I go into my service guy's office (his name is Korky) and ask him why my window isn't tinted. He just stares at my car for about 10 seconds, as if the window was going to magically tint itself, and then admits his mistake and asks if I can bring my car back Saturday. I said no and for him to call his tint guy to come down right then and there to tint it. I then gave him another 10 awkward seconds to process this and he got on his phone. He tells me that the guy is on his way and I should be out of there in 30-45 minutes. I'm frustrated but figure i'll just wait so I can get all this done. Besides I work on Saturday and I work live 30+ minutes from Grubbs. Well after 45 minutes, I ask him if it's ready...it's not. It has not moved, no progress has been made. He tells me it will be another 15 minutes. I said to just give me the loaner car BACK and call me when he gets his sh*t together. I wait 10 minutes while he processes everything again and goes to get the loaner car. Awesome experience at Grubbs.
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
J.Oh

^ lol that SUCKS
Old 09-03-2008, 09:18 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
^^ Damn. Doesn't sound like a great experience at all. Just be honest in your service survey. Infiniti looks at them. I had a bad experience once when I had my G35 and Infiniti was calling me about a week after I submitted the survery to talk about what happened and what they could do.
Old 09-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Enigma36

I had my passenger window leak also but that was after i wrecked. It was in the same spot as g37stx. I took it to sewell (they were the ones who did the repairs from my accident) and they said they just had to replace the window seal. And that fixed it.

The first time i went to Grubbs, i stood in the bay for 10 mins and no one acknowledged me. Got on my cell phone called the service manager and yelled at him that i had been standing there. He came running out of the office. Got a free oil change out of it and got it done in 30 mins! Either way i have not had a good experience with Grubbs. Thats why i didn't buy from there but they are the closest to me.
Old 09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
blaque831

Originally Posted by g37sTX
no i am literally having water drip in on the tweeters when it rains....

UPDATE: I received a call from Grubbs today...my car is ready! I drive to go pick it up, drop off the loaner, do the paperwork, etc.... They pull my car around and there is an untinted passenger window on it. I have to laugh. I go into my service guy's office (his name is Korky) and ask him why my window isn't tinted. He just stares at my car for about 10 seconds, as if the window was going to magically tint itself, and then admits his mistake and asks if I can bring my car back Saturday. I said no and for him to call his tint guy to come down right then and there to tint it. I then gave him another 10 awkward seconds to process this and he got on his phone. He tells me that the guy is on his way and I should be out of there in 30-45 minutes. I'm frustrated but figure i'll just wait so I can get all this done. Besides I work on Saturday and I work live 30+ minutes from Grubbs. Well after 45 minutes, I ask him if it's ready...it's not. It has not moved, no progress has been made. He tells me it will be another 15 minutes. I said to just give me the loaner car BACK and call me when he gets his sh*t together. I wait 10 minutes while he processes everything again and goes to get the loaner car. Awesome experience at Grubbs.
Sewell service dept. FTW.
Old 09-07-2008, 11:43 AM
g37sTX

to add to everything, when i picked my car up it was filthy, inside and out
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
bad aim

Originally Posted by Kidcane
My driver side windshield sprayer shoots over the roof of the car so prolly could use an adjustment as well.
Mine does that too.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:12 PM
nosocoeckodoz

Originally Posted by myk1013
Mine does that too.
same, the second one in on the left

Quick Reply: windows leaking...took to dealer