Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

windows leaking...took to dealer

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
jcw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mean to be a d***, but I'm actually happy to hear that I'm not the only one with this problem. About 2 days after I got my new G37S back in april I washed it myself and notice a little leak onto the tweater on driver side. Naturally there's a huge downpour of rain the next night. Following morning I get in car and notice a decent amount of rain on both driver and pass. tweater. "Maybe it just dripped in when I opened doors."
Later that day I sit in car while i have my friend squirt the hose directly at window above tweater area and of course it starts to trickle in.
Long story longer... I go to dealer... "Sorry we didn't see a problem." Unable to replicate was the term I believe. After some back and forth and an offer to show them myself I just leave and ask them to give me documentation of my complaint/problem.
Bottom line... it's a lease. Only my prob for 24mos. And it only occurs in crazy downpours or when I squirt a hose directly into vacintity. Can't take the headache of the back and forth with service depts. Made a note of it on my survey. I'll live with it on the rare occasions it occurs. If and when the tweaters crap out I'll tell them to fix it. Just happy to hear I'm not alone with my unique leak