Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Burnout EYE LIDS for G37

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 03:31 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
it is shame because its going to get to the point that these parts wont be avail at all anymore. and then you will go from complaining about $200 eyelids to complaining that no one makes parts at all. If you cant afford $200 eyelids you shouldnt be driving a $40k+ car. simple as that. you think people but carrera gt's or enzo's then complain when they have to spend 30k+ for an exhaust. no because they knew what they were getting into from the get go. If you want cheap prices drive an SRT-4 or sentra. This whole produce knock off BS is exactly that BS. you people are never happy. and your ruining the game for us who appreciate the hard work these companies put into their parts. Dont believe this is the case. Call bulletproof automotive and ask them how many companies have no only dropped plans of producing parts for the G37 in general because of knock off's and counterfeits but ask them how many companies are toying with the idea of completely cutting off the US market as a whole for importing parts.
are we really debating 200 eyelids...?

I wish the all the JDM companies would stop importing... then we could avoid bull**** like this...
Old 08-18-2008, 03:35 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
I aggree thats why Top Secret charges 18,000 dollars for a set of coilovers, there needs to be more competition
competition is one thing. Taking someone's original design and knocking it off is another. Companies are not competing because they know their hard work will just be knocked off and sold with cheap quality.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:37 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
are we really debating 200 eyelids...?

I wish the all the JDM companies would stop importing... then we could avoid bull**** like this...
then you could send your jdm wheels back also. it effects everyone. and the debate is not over just eyelids. its over companies knocking off other companies designs. find some american company to come up with their own design for these cars and charge cheap prices. It wont happen. why because R&D cost too much. they would rather sit back on their lazy asses and knock other companies designs off
Old 08-18-2008, 03:43 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

then you could send your jdm wheels back also. it effects everyone. and the debate is not over just eyelids. its over companies knocking off other companies designs. find some american company to come up with their own design for these cars and charge cheap prices. It wont happen. why because R&D cost too much. they would rather sit back on their lazy asses and knock other companies designs off
Id be ok with an American only Monopoly Market.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:45 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it is shame because its going to get to the point that these parts wont be avail at all anymore. and then you will go from complaining about $200 eyelids to complaining that no one makes parts at all. If you cant afford $200 eyelids you shouldnt be driving a $40k+ car. simple as that. you think people but carrera gt's or enzo's then complain when they have to spend 30k+ for an exhaust. no because they knew what they were getting into from the get go. If you want cheap prices drive an SRT-4 or sentra. This whole produce knock off BS is exactly that BS. you people are never happy. and your ruining the game for us who appreciate the hard work these companies put into their parts. Dont believe this is the case. Call bulletproof automotive and ask them how many companies have no only dropped plans of producing parts for the G37 in general because of knock off's and counterfeits but ask them how many companies are toying with the idea of completely cutting off the US market as a whole for importing parts.
so if i do not want to waste money on two small pieces of eyelids makes me not rich enough to own a g37? if you want to waste your money on something that is similar to the replicas, be my guest. not my money.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:47 PM
UNV-IT46

Id be ok with an American only Monopoly Market.
So we should not be allowed to buy japanese cars either? only american? you cant have everything one way. I would not be happy with an american only market as american quality is far sub par compared to the japanese. thats a a fact. especially talking about the after market tuning world
Old 08-18-2008, 03:53 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

So we should not be allowed to buy japanese cars either? only american? you cant have everything one way. I would not be happy with an american only market as american quality is far sub par compared to the japanese. thats a a fact. especially talking about the after market tuning world
Still ... If it was American Only... including Cars... Id be happy with that...
Old 08-18-2008, 04:00 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
competition is one thing. Taking someone's original design and knocking it off is another. Companies are not competing because they know their hard work will just be knocked off and sold with cheap quality.
^Im with stupid I didnt know they were straight up coping, dont they have patents
Old 08-18-2008, 04:12 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
so if i do not want to waste money on two small pieces of eyelids makes me not rich enough to own a g37? if you want to waste your money on something that is similar to the replicas, be my guest. not my money.
I'm not saying just the eyelids. I am saying in general. People complained non stop that nothing was being made by companies and making claims i.e. injen threads that they would easily spend $700+ for intakes. but then when these products come out most of those same people are quick to bitch about the price and want everything knocked off. this isnt a neon or sentra. it cost big money ro have quality big name parts. simple as that
Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM
UNV-IT46

Still ... If it was American Only... including Cars... Id be happy with that...
then why are you driving a japanese car? why dont you have an american car?
Old 08-18-2008, 04:14 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
^Im with stupid I didnt know they were straight up coping, dont they have patents
they do have patents. but they only apply in japan. if something is knocked off in japan your *** is nailed to a wall by the big power house tuners which is why it doesnt happen. and because people over their respect the hard work and r&d put into making parts. its like art over there. here we are lazy ****s who just want the easiest way to make a quick dollar. if it means ****ing over everyone so be it. thats always been the american mentality.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:24 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Completely wrong, tuners aren't making a large amount of parts for two reasons; sales numbers for our car are low here and in Japan,(why rush to build parts if they feel they have no market). And secondly they are waiting on the 370Z so they don't have to engineer two separate sets of parts when they can just make small tweaks and use them on both cars if they share high similarities. Nissans holding out on all of the final specs for the 370Z so their personally holding tuners up. (They put huge investments in marketing monies into the GT-R and focused their attention to that project, when it comes to the 370Z I guess Nissan Japans sitting on their a**es lazy like us Americans)
I do R&D for a few companies based in Japan and take their word over international importing shop (Bulletproof).

Last edited by RYs06MT; 08-18-2008 at 05:27 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:27 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Completely wrong, tuners aren't making a large amount of parts for two reasons; sales numbers for our car are low here and in Japan,(why rush to build parts if they feel they have no market). And secondly they are waiting on the 370Z so they don't have to engineer two separate sets of parts when they can just make small tweaks and use them on both cars if they share high similarities. Nissans holding out on all of the final specs so their personally holding tuners up. (Guess their sitting on their a**es lazy like us Americans)
I do R&D for a few companies based in Japan and take their word over international importing shop (Bulletproof).
really i didnt know the 370Z would have an impact as to why they cant make parts for the G37. performance parts maybe but body parts have no impact what so ever based on the 370Z. and considering bullet proof is ings+, varis auto, and top secret usa i think they have a clear cut idea as to what is going on. Not to mention they are not just an importing agent. they do have a bullet proof automotive japan branch that deals directly with the companies in japan.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:36 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Yes I know BP, their a great place. I was speaking of performance parts, those will flood in once the 370Z information is out.

Are body kits a big seller for our car? maybe it has something to do with the G35, I don't recall seeing many full kitted G35's here in So Cal, from what I've personally seen the majority of G35 owners would do lips and hoods, I can't say I've seen a large number with full body kits and wide body kits.

But I do support your arguement of people waiting around for knock-offs, that's not good either, but you have to admit $200 for those little eyelid pieces is kind of funny.

Last edited by RYs06MT; 08-18-2008 at 05:38 PM.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:43 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Yes I know BP, their a great place. I was speaking of performance parts, those will flood in once the 370Z information is out.

Are body kits a big seller for our car? maybe it has something to do with the G35, I don't recall seeing many full kitted G35's here in So Cal, from what I've personally seen the majority of G35 owners would do lips and hoods, I can't say I've seen a large number with full body kits and wide body kits.

But I do support your arguement of people waiting around for knock-offs, that's not good either, but you have to admit $200 for those little eyelid pieces is kind of funny.
Im not defending the price by anymeans. I didnt pay $200 for mine. but i agree that can be considered high for what your getting. but again my problem is not with the high prices. its with the knocking off of these parts. thats what will destroy the tuner scene

Quick Reply: Burnout EYE LIDS for G37