Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Paddle Shifter available

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 09:53 PM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paddle Shifter available

For those of you that were looking for paddle shifter without the Sport package, Riverside Infiniti just posted today Paddle Shifter kits for our cars. Go to Ebay or ask them here in the forum about it.

I already sent them an offer for one of their Ebay listings.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
they are also available from grubbs.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
amm1232710

how much?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
erasat

Well, I don't know if I should give the price I offer because Riverside is a forum member, but I will tell you again, I just offered some good amount below the Buy itnow option and it was accepted and coming already via UPS.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:41 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
hey...when I went on ebay I didn't see any paddle shifters
Old 06-12-2008, 06:07 PM
erasat

Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
hey...when I went on ebay I didn't see any paddle shifters
This is one of them: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...228523340&rd=1
Old 06-14-2008, 02:51 PM
t-bone1924

Thumbs down No Nav = No prewiring for paddles

Originally Posted by erasat
For those of you that were looking for paddle shifter without the Sport package, Riverside Infiniti just posted today Paddle Shifter kits for our cars. Go to Ebay or ask them here in the forum about it.

I already sent them an offer for one of their Ebay listings.
If you don't have the navigation package, like me, don't waste your time trying to install OEM paddle shifters. No Nav = no prewiring for paddles.

I just WASTED three hours at Riverside Infiniti (two hours round trip plus an hour waiting around), who THOUGHT they knew everything about this mod. I had even offered my VIN # beforehand, but no, they were SURE that as long as you had the premium package you were good to go....NOT! And they didn't even offer me some freebie for my time. Thanks for NOTHING!
Old 06-14-2008, 03:27 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
SO there's no way to install them if you don't have Nav?? Surely someone has Sport Journey without Nav..
Old 06-14-2008, 04:57 PM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
SO there's no way to install them if you don't have Nav?? Surely someone has Sport Journey without Nav..
no you Dee Dee Dee if you dont have nav there are no wires to wire them in so hes saying you must have nav to get these paddles
Old 06-14-2008, 05:59 PM
erasat

Originally Posted by t-bone1924
If you don't have the navigation package, like me, don't waste your time trying to install OEM paddle shifters. No Nav = no prewiring for paddles.

I just WASTED three hours at Riverside Infiniti (two hours round trip plus an hour waiting around), who THOUGHT they knew everything about this mod. I had even offered my VIN # beforehand, but no, they were SURE that as long as you had the premium package you were good to go....NOT! And they didn't even offer me some freebie for my time. Thanks for NOTHING!
Wow, don't tell me that please...

Hey Can you tell me the exact model you have?, I have the Journey and Premium Package with Tire and Wheel Package, they told me that all models are pre-wired so I bought them, I still can reject Shipping, but I want to be 100% sure you have same car than me. I understand the concept of, if no Nav no wire, but just want to know if there is other combination of package that may have the wires.

Thanks for your help.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:49 PM
t-bone1924

Originally Posted by erasat
Wow, don't tell me that please...

Hey Can you tell me the exact model you have?, I have the Journey and Premium Package with Tire and Wheel Package, they told me that all models are pre-wired so I bought them, I still can reject Shipping, but I want to be 100% sure you have same car than me. I understand the concept of, if no Nav no wire, but just want to know if there is other combination of package that may have the wires.

Thanks for your help.
Yes, I have the same model as yours, Journey non-sport, premium, tire & wheel package. Unfortunately, you and I will NOT be able to install the OEM paddles. Riverside Infiniti confirmed this today....Sorry! I am very pissed off.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:46 AM
erasat

Ok Man, then I'm officially pissed too. Thanks for your info.
Old 06-15-2008, 11:32 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Well I'm not going to argue with what these dealers are saying but surely, someone has a G37 Journey with Sport Package and no Nav (unless Sport requires nav) which I don't remember. Maybe it's not pre-wired, but it should still be able to be installed. Check the thread over on Driver and see if that person had nav when installing the paddle shifters on the '07 Sedan.
Old 06-16-2008, 02:03 PM
t-bone1924

Unfortunately the OEM paddles cannot be installed in a non-sport G37 without navigation because the prewiring for it is simply not there. Why? I suspect this is because, for some unknown procedural reason at the factory, the guy that installs the prewiring for the paddles doesn't do it on non-nav equipped cars.

While it MAY be possible to run some sort of wiring to the tranny, I'm certainly not going to screw around with it for fear of voiding the vehicle warranty.

If you know of a way to do a plug-and-play OEM paddle install on a G37 non-sport without nav, please let us know!
Old 06-16-2008, 02:52 PM
erasat

Well, I was talking with Rick and Tony at Riverside Infinity, and what they seems to not understand is why they have been able to install these kit in the Base Model without Navigation but not in t-bone's car. The only explanation should be Manufactured date.

So, I was asking on how to reject the shipment and get a refund and they offered me to try them and if it's not pre-wired to send them back for a refund, well, I just took my lunch break and went to my car annd removed the steering column covers and looked for more than 10 minutes for any kind of wire or cable loose or taped or something, other than been plugged. And I couldn't find any wires. So, my car is not pre-wired..

I just called them to explain and to tell them that i'm rejecting the package once it arrives so I can get the refund, bad luck I think...

Quick Reply: Paddle Shifter available