Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

The unwanted Noise / Sound Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Achilles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leeladisky
Suddenly, the rear deck (aka package tray with the third brake light) has started to vibrate and make ALL KINDS OF NOISE!!! If I bang on it, I can duplicate the noise. In fact, the left tether anchor cover for a car seat won't fit right, and the panels in the back look warped... I am very disappointed that this problem has occurred on a car with 10k miles.... the rear seat is also a bit noisy/loose....

Lee
Take it back to the dealership!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by Achilles
Take it back to the dealership!!!!
But of course....they have it now.

L
Old 06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So #2 on the list with the tranny making a constant tapping noise in neutral is normal? I had Infiniti check it out and they said it's a characteristic of the car. My last car I had was FWD and it made that noise and turned out to be a bad throw out bearing. Any input would be helpful...

Also, my muffler rattles, but is going to be replaced this week.
Old 06-11-2008, 06:31 PM
Igor911

That "clutch" noise your hearing is called Clutch Chattering. It is a normal characteristic of both G35 and G37.
Old 06-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by Igor911
That "clutch" noise your hearing is called Clutch Chattering. It is a normal characteristic of both G35 and G37.
Even if it's pretty loud? lol
Old 06-13-2008, 10:13 PM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by Staples
So #2 on the list with the tranny making a constant tapping noise in neutral is normal? I had Infiniti check it out and they said it's a characteristic of the car. My last car I had was FWD and it made that noise and turned out to be a bad throw out bearing. Any input would be helpful...

Also, my muffler rattles, but is going to be replaced this week.
Hey staples, I just posted a new thread about the throw out bearing on my G (My G got operated on successs). take a look
Old 06-14-2008, 06:29 PM
chinua

Noise From Bank 2 Vvel Actuator

https://www.myg37.com/forums/tsb-technical-bulletins/181831-itb08-028-noise-from-bank-2-vvel-actuator.html
Old 06-17-2008, 04:39 PM
Jeff

I have the exhaust rattle too. It's really noticeable when the car starts, or shuts off. Also, at an idle when hot, it sounds like someone throwing rocks at the exhaust. Very annoying. Will the dealership do anything about it???
Old 06-17-2008, 06:46 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by Jeff
I have the exhaust rattle too. It's really noticeable when the car starts, or shuts off. Also, at an idle when hot, it sounds like someone throwing rocks at the exhaust. Very annoying. Will the dealership do anything about it???
Yes, there is a fix for it. Take it back. The TSB for this fix is listed in that section on this forum. Do a search on this forum and you'll find it.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:49 PM
beestea

Any one have door rattles when playing music? Anytime my car hits any sort of low frequency tone i get pretty bad rattles from both sides... even at half or less volume. Its pretty annoying. I've considered taking it to the dealer, but I've also considered taking it to a sound shop and having them fix it up.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 AM
leeladisky

Originally Posted by beestea
Any one have door rattles when playing music? Anytime my car hits any sort of low frequency tone i get pretty bad rattles from both sides... even at half or less volume. Its pretty annoying. I've considered taking it to the dealer, but I've also considered taking it to a sound shop and having them fix it up.
Yes - had this prob. Fixed at dealer, it was the midrange speaker grill.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:21 AM
Achilles

Originally Posted by beestea
Take it back to the dealer.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Ronna

Angry Exhaust Noise

If it's still under warranty, the dealer should replace it. My car has a cold start rattle which they tell me it needs a new exhaust but it's back ordered for a month or more. YUK! Take yours in and get it checked out and get on the list. Good Luck.

Originally Posted by Jeff
Old 06-19-2008, 12:12 PM
Ronna

Exhaust rattle and transmission whine

My G is at the dealer getting a new transmission because first gear had a whine, sometimes into 2nd gear. They said it was not normal. In addition they are going to replace my exhaust because of a cold start rattle but that part is back ordered for at least a month. I've had my car for 3 months with only 2,000 miles on it. Love the car! but I'm disappointed to have these problems so early. Good Luck!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Staples

Originally Posted by Ronna
My G is at the dealer getting a new transmission because first gear had a whine, sometimes into 2nd gear. They said it was not normal. In addition they are going to replace my exhaust because of a cold start rattle but that part is back ordered for at least a month. I've had my car for 3 months with only 2,000 miles on it. Love the car! but I'm disappointed to have these problems so early. Good Luck!
Well at least they're willing to work with you. Take all the new parts you can get lol. They put me in a loaner because they're doing the muffler fix and the new one sent out was also bad, so they're overnighting another one. I'm also having them check out the clutch throw out bearing. I'm sure we know how that's going to go.

Quick Reply: The unwanted Noise / Sound Thread