Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

A hour with Kevin at KPtechnology and the Navi Bypass module--Thumbs Up!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2008, 01:43 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is there any mod out for the hard drive? can you play all the songs in a big random list instead of each downloaded disc? I will have to get the wife to get me the navi bypass
Old 12-01-2008, 01:28 AM
tx_g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation KPTechnologies Nav Interface Module (NI35)

I installed the module a couple of days ago. I am able to access the blocked features on the nav/media/phone, BUT, the OK screen keeps coming out every time I restart the car! I thought this module was also supposed to take care of the OK screen. First thing I thought was that I hadnt soldered the two wires correctly, so I took it to a professional. Still dissapointed cause I had the same results. Then I switched the module modes, still same. Can someone tell me what might be the problem or is this normal operation?

Thanks, Dan
Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 AM
bfranks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The "auto OK" feature is on a timer. So unless you have the nav set to start up when the car starts it doesn't work. For instance, if the car starts up with the list of radio presets showing, the module will still hit the ok button X number of seconds after the car starts. Then when you switch over to nav, the ok screen will still pop up. Hope that makes sense.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:50 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Kevin... Any chance you'll be at ZDayz 09?
Old 12-01-2008, 08:24 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Kevin... Any chance you'll be at ZDayz 09?
hahah you are wanting the easy way out like me huh... nothings better or makes u feel better than to have "THEE" expert install it on your ride...

Kevin... thanks again bro!
BJ, lets get reservations made!!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:46 AM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by tx_g37
I installed the module a couple of days ago. I am able to access the blocked features on the nav/media/phone, BUT, the OK screen keeps coming out every time I restart the car! I thought this module was also supposed to take care of the OK screen. First thing I thought was that I hadnt soldered the two wires correctly, so I took it to a professional. Still dissapointed cause I had the same results. Then I switched the module modes, still same. Can someone tell me what might be the problem or is this normal operation?

Thanks, Dan
Did you adjust the timer on the module when you installed it? The timer is adjusted through the little **** that sticks out of the top of the module.

As already mentioned if the system doesn't start up on the navi screen then it won't process the "OK" button.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:48 AM
KPierson
Banned

I will most likely be at ZdayZ this year. My first child is due in late Jan. but I've already been telling my wife that she'll be ok without me for the weekend!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:13 PM
AndrewDDS

It must suck to live more than 15 minutes away from Kevin...

PS: Kevin, I'm just waiting until it snows to modify my headlights, so as soon as I get them back and installed I'll let you know. You still interested in putting together the module to turn on the headlights with the keyfob unlock command?
Old 12-01-2008, 05:24 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KPierson
I will most likely be at ZdayZ this year. My first child is due in late Jan. but I've already been telling my wife that she'll be ok without me for the weekend!
Sweet. Let's talk and we can hopefully get a few installs lined up if you are interested in doing that. I'm on another forum of G35 folks that will likely be at ZDayz and would love for the expert himself to install.

And best of luck with your child... Early congrats!!!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:26 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
hahah you are wanting the easy way out like me huh... nothings better or makes u feel better than to have "THEE" expert install it on your ride...

Kevin... thanks again bro!
BJ, lets get reservations made!!
You know me, brah!
Old 12-01-2008, 05:51 PM
KPierson
Banned

Originally Posted by AndrewDDS
It must suck to live more than 15 minutes away from Kevin...

PS: Kevin, I'm just waiting until it snows to modify my headlights, so as soon as I get them back and installed I'll let you know. You still interested in putting together the module to turn on the headlights with the keyfob unlock command?
I'm always up for making new things!
Old 12-01-2008, 06:52 PM
tx_g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I initially adjusted the timer but I guess I just need to add more time. The infiniti logo does come show up at every start. Before turning off my car the nav is usually on, so i dont have to worry about other stuff being on the screen to much. I'll re-adjust tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it went. As to the install of the module and relay that wasn't difficult at all. In a scale of 1-10 (10 being diffcult), I would rate it a 2-3. My only problem was my soldering. Since i had my car dimembered, that was the perfect time to add a dvd player in the glove compartment. My wife had almost had a heart attact when I told her I was going to drill some holes so I could hide the wires. I drilled a dime sized hole under the a/v input/output and another one in the bottom left part of the Glove compartment. I wired the remote sensor to the pass. side air vent next to the screen. Everything looked and worked perfect, now I just need to adjust the time on the module. I'll see if I can post some pics later.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:33 PM
AndrewDDS

I initially adjusted the timer but I guess I just need to add more time. The infiniti logo does come show up at every start. Before turning off my car the nav is usually on, so i dont have to worry about other stuff being on the screen to much. I'll re-adjust tomorrow, I'll let you guys know how it went. As to the install of the module and relay that wasn't difficult at all. In a scale of 1-10 (10 being diffcult), I would rate it a 2-3. My only problem was my soldering. Since i had my car dimembered, that was the perfect time to add a dvd player in the glove compartment. My wife had almost had a heart attact when I told her I was going to drill some holes so I could hide the wires. I drilled a dime sized hole under the a/v input/output and another one in the bottom left part of the Glove compartment. I wired the remote sensor to the pass. side air vent next to the screen. Everything looked and worked perfect, now I just need to adjust the time on the module. I'll see if I can post some pics later.
Holy crap!! You don't mess around, do you?!?!?! I'd love to see the final pictures of that amazing setup!!
Old 12-01-2008, 08:38 PM
KPierson
Banned

As to the install of the module and relay that wasn't difficult at all. In a scale of 1-10 (10 being diffcult), I would rate it a 2-3. My only problem was my soldering.
I just picked up a lightly used navigation control board so that we can start offering swaps - basically we will complete the soldering and mail the customer the control board. The customer will then send us their control back so we can continue the cycle. Hopefully this little program will get more people interesting in installing this module!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
w0ady

pretty sweet deal kev. i guess im lucky to have dan close although trusting him with my car is iffy.

ps sent you a pm.

Quick Reply: A hour with Kevin at KPtechnology and the Navi Bypass module--Thumbs Up!!