Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

does your trunk pop all the way up?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2008, 08:26 AM
g37sTX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
does your trunk pop all the way up?

when you open your trunk does it pop up all the way or just slightly open? When I open mine (fob, inside button or button on the rear tail) it just opens a quarter of an inch and I have to lift it up. It's kind of annoying if you have your hands full of stuff. Was wondering if this common on these cars.
Old 05-13-2008, 08:48 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Man i feel your pain. But it is normal. I like to touch my car minimally as it is black. I soo wish the trunk would open all the way.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:25 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I like it how it is. I wouldn't want it to pop all the way open. If it were raining, everything would get wet. There is a purpose and meaning on this.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:29 AM
shumby

well why did you open it while it is raining ? I don't see your point. if you pop it you got to open it to get stuff in or out.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by shumby
well why did you open it while it is raining ? I don't see your point. if you pop it you got to open it to get stuff in or out.
Re-read my fvckin post. Did I say I opened it while it was raining. I'm saying that is why it was designed that way.
Old 05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
shumby

I am still not getting you. If you pop the trunk you are doing so to get somthing in or out of it. So you would know if it was raining and you wanted the stuff in your trunk to stay dry no to open it. Don't get bent out of shape about this. I did not mean "you" in the post, i ment "you" as in, the who ever is opening the trunk.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:02 AM
wrathletik1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^

mine pops open a little, then i have to lift it up.

OT, but i wish our trunks were push button close like a MB.
Old 05-13-2008, 01:06 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
You guys are really complaining that the trunk doesn't open up by itself all the way? I am surprised each day by something I see on here. There have been many times that my hands were full and I opened the trunk with no problem. IT TAKES NO EFFORT to open it. Just last night I hit the button to open the trunk and the wind opened the dang trunk. A newborn baby could open the thing....
Old 05-13-2008, 09:17 PM
g37sTX

Originally Posted by bboysteele
You guys are really complaining that the trunk doesn't open up by itself all the way? I am surprised each day by something I see on here. There have been many times that my hands were full and I opened the trunk with no problem. IT TAKES NO EFFORT to open it. Just last night I hit the button to open the trunk and the wind opened the dang trunk. A newborn baby could open the thing....
it takes more effort than a trunk on a 40k car should take. that's my opinion and i'm entitled to it, just as you are to yours. i originally posted this to see if other g37 trunks opened in the same manner, not for you to validate my opinion by agreeing with it
Old 05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by g37sTX
it takes more effort than a trunk on a 40k car should take. that's my opinion and i'm entitled to it, just as you are to yours. i originally posted this to see if other g37 trunks opened in the same manner, not for you to validate my opinion by agreeing with it
there isn't a single car manufactured that flings the trunk open when you press the fob or the trunk button. if you want this option, get a minivan or an suv with open assist. this thread is useless. please lock it before this guy has an aneurysm.
Old 05-13-2008, 10:57 PM
camp3r

lol...I am sponsered by tampon!!!

Last edited by bboysteele; 05-13-2008 at 11:49 PM. Reason: worthless comment so I made it funny instead of deleting
Old 05-13-2008, 11:43 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by g37sTX
Well you got your answer. Just opens a little bit for us all.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:45 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by camp3r
lol...I am sponsered by tampon!!!
Lol.. Maypax. The official tampon of Nascar.
Old 05-13-2008, 11:57 PM
Comatose

I once accidently hit the trunk release (from the inside) while meaning to turn off VDC. thank goodness it didn't open all the way up!
Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 PM
SuperDave57
Registered Member

Trunks do open!

Originally Posted by speedracer g37
there isn't a single car manufactured that flings the trunk open when you press the fob or the trunk button. if you want this option, get a minivan or an suv with open assist. this thread is useless. please lock it before this guy has an aneurysm.
I beg to differ, Speedracer. My Brother-in-Law has a Buick Lucerne. Its trunk opens all the way when you push the key fob button. Not sure if it is 07 or 08 model, he bought it sometime last year. In fact, it springs open a little too fast for my taste and then rocks a bit at the top because it opened so fast.

My sister's Caddie's trunk (04 model) is like ours, it just unlatches then you have to manually pull it open.

Quick Reply: does your trunk pop all the way up?