Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

G37S in accident tonight!! Sad!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 12:09 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yup at least your alright... you must have been PISSED... lets see those pictures..
Old 04-18-2008, 12:35 PM
08G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK - Just got back from a class.....going out now to take some pics.
Old 04-18-2008, 12:48 PM
Flyingcesar

I fill your pain... Hope you get it fixed soon.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I'd like an insurance guy to clarify this: Is he screwed because he had an accident with a person with the same insurance company? The company will have to pay both claims no matter who's at fault. It happened to my brother many years ago. Had an accident, not his fault, other person at fault had the same insurance company, raised my brother's rates because they had to pay the claim even though he wasn't at fault. Is this still done or did my brother just get screwed?

Glad you are OK and your car's damage is minor.
Sorry to say but your bro got screwed. If an accident is not your fault then your rates will not go up regardless if it’s the same insurer or not. But if they find your bro negligent in any way then the rates can increase.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:03 PM
OMG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the club!

Maybe this will make you feel better...

...i was rear ended 48 HOURS after I purchased my car! I bought my car on a Saturday night, took it to work that Monday to show some co-workers my new baby. That night driving home, I was hit from behind by a lady who had a lady behind her that wasn't paying attention.

I took it to Sewell Infiniti's body shop and they did a TREMENDOUS job repairing it. When all was said and done, it took over two and a half months to get my car back (I was in a brand new G35 sedan), the total for rental and repairs came to about $18000 and I received $6800 for diminished value.

I was SO pissed when it happened, but my car looks new again and I'm able to mod it up now because of it.

AH
Old 04-18-2008, 01:15 PM
08G37S

I'd like an insurance guy to clarify this: Is he screwed because he had an accident with a person with the same insurance company? The company will have to pay both claims no matter who's at fault. It happened to my brother many years ago. Had an accident, not his fault, other person at fault had the same insurance company, raised my brother's rates because they had to pay the claim even though he wasn't at fault. Is this still done or did my brother just get screwed?

I've been in a few accidents and its was easier when I dealt with the other car having State Farm also. I was in a Hit-n-Run in Nov 04 where I had to chase the car who caused the accident thru 3 cities - it was a big mess with drugs, guns, ect. - but in the end....State Farm came thru and took care of everything. My rates never went up either.....actually in all the 5 or 6 accidents (3 totaled vehicles)....not one has increased my rates, but they were also not my fault.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:20 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Originally Posted by 08G37S
I've been in a few accidents and its was easier when I dealt with the other car having State Farm also. I was in a Hit-n-Run in Nov 04 where I had to chase the car who caused the accident thru 3 cities - it was a big mess with drugs, guns, ect. - but in the end....State Farm came thru and took care of everything. My rates never went up either.....actually in all the 5 or 6 accidents (3 totaled vehicles)....not one has increased my rates, but they were also not my fault.
Sounds like you're living out GTA:IV
Old 04-18-2008, 01:24 PM
08G37S

Originally Posted by psyh
Sounds like you're living out GTA:IV
LOL....just living in Lubbock TX. All of my accidents have occured in West Texas.

When I was home for Christmas my parents were totally freaked out by my driving....just active and tactical.

But last week when they came to visit for my birthday....they were like, OK - we understand your driving style. Its bad here - not as bad as some areas I'm sure....but far worse than DFW or Houston.
Old 04-18-2008, 01:44 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope, there are some states that are at-fault, not-at-fault rating states, while others will give a premium increase for any accidents regardless of fault, his accident could have been cosidered by insurance to be 50/50 in which case each party pays the ded. But insurance with the same carrier if anything should make the process easiler due to the lack of subrogation with another carrier.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:03 PM
GiGGaplease

not an insurance person but if you get to any kind of accident, the rates will go up no more what. does not care who is at fault. do not quote me for it though.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:25 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's probably particular to your state. Cali you can only see a premium increase for At-Fault accidents. Not-at-Fault accidents or comp claims cannot cause an increase in premium in CA.
Old 04-18-2008, 02:27 PM
PSYH
Post Whore

Just for discussion's sake:

In Ontario, it's no-fault policy system for auto insurance (doesn't mean nobody's at fault; it just means no matter what happens, you deal with your own insurance company and you don't have to care whether the other person has insurance... having said that, it is also illegal in Ontario to drive without auto insurance! lol).

Some companies will give x number of "grace" at-fault accidents where there'll be no increase in premium, while others will increase the premium after 1 accident (at-fault or not).

Last edited by PSYH; 04-18-2008 at 02:45 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 05:59 PM
TerribleONE453

lots of accidents....? man
Old 04-18-2008, 06:30 PM
08G37S

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
lots of accidents....? man
You wouldn't believe my luck.....I drove for 3 years in DFW without one accident....move to Lubbock for college in Summer 2003 and had accidents about every 6 months since. And everyone has not been my fault....knock on wood.

The "best" or coolest accident I think I had was the Hit 'n' Run. A old Cougar (ha, the car) did a Right on Red in my lane (center lane) as I was in the intersection. So to avoid running that car over....I was in a 2004 Dodge Ram...I shot to the right lane. A car wanting to leave the gas station had her nose in the lane and I hit her front end.

The Cougar stopped and then fled. I told the truck I hit to stay and I'll be back. I took off after the Cougar and called 911. They told me to follow the car but don't try anything. We went from Lubbock to New Deal to Abernathy (about 30 miles) before State Troopers actually blocked off the road and not the just exits (?????? yeah, I dunno!). So, I just followed him on I-27 as he was maxed out at 105mph.

They finally surround his car.....get 4 passengers out and on the ground. From what I was told, illegal (prob stolen) firearms and cocaine were found in the car = which is why they ran. He too ended up having State Farm insurance (big surprise to me that he had it at all)
- and my truck was fixed.

But yeah....Lubbock is not a great city to drive in.....aka, college girls + SUVs = tactical, active driving!
Old 04-18-2008, 06:57 PM
TerribleONE453

wow... that is pretty cool... hahah i mean it sucks and all but sounds like a good story... where are these pictures!
Old 04-18-2008, 07:15 PM
08G37S

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
wow... that is pretty cool... hahah i mean it sucks and all but sounds like a good story... where are these pictures!
LOL...of the truck? I may have em somewhere. I tossed most the Dodge stuff when I got the G, but I may have them somewhere on my computer.

Quick Reply: G37S in accident tonight!! Sad!!