Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Need DIY or Advice for Bat's overlays

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:02 PM
The1andOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need DIY or Advice for Bat's overlays

I just picked up the entire G37 overlay kit this weekend. I was gonna have his recommened installer do it, but it's just too pricey for me since i'm trying to save up for my suspension work. I'm looking for a DIY from anyone here that has installed their overlays, just for the head lights and tail lights. I'm gonna leave the roof to the pros.

I'm not really looking for a full on detailed DIY, but I woud just like a step-by-step on how you successfully applied them. I don't mind it taking a while, I just wanna do it right.

If there's no DIY, a lot of advice on the application process would be extremely helpful.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:13 AM
dezicartel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ive never done it, but i think i remember seeing something you may be able to call a DIY on his website...its just pictures of him puttin it on, and calls it my DIY...but it may help if ur a visual learner...haha
Old 04-15-2008, 12:26 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
there's a vid on youtube. i've done windows before, and i thought it was a pain in the butt. unless you have experience applying tint, i would let a pro do it. from what can remember about the video, it was frustrating me just watching the guy apply them to the headlight. i think it was a good 20 minutes of heating, squeegee, more heating, more squeegee, more heating, rubbing with finger, more heating, more squeegee, etc.

someone here posted a pic of their diy overlay asking questions about if it was "fixable". unless you have the patience of Job and mad tint skills, you are in for a long and tedious experience. good luck with it if you give it a go.
Old 04-15-2008, 12:59 AM
symalik
Registered Member

my tinter had trouble putting the tail lights on, this material is very hard to strech around the corners.

Headlight over lays should be easier since no sharp bend like the tail lights.
Old 04-20-2008, 12:47 AM
Blue_Batmobile
Official Sponsor of the Florida G35 Club

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts
Not all tinters can install these. Remember, if you're gonna have a shop install, make sure they have experience in applying vinyl overlays, not just window tint, two different materials altogether.

A clearbra installer should have no problems installing these.

Bat™
Old 04-20-2008, 03:08 AM
The1andOnly

Good news bat, Ryan might be able to fit me in tomorrow for the full install of the whole kit. If everything goes right and he can fit me in the schedule, i'll have your pics ASAP.

He sounded pretty excited when I told him what color the the car was and what tint/color the overlays are.
Old 04-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Not all tinters can install these. Remember, if you're gonna have a shop install, make sure they have experience in applying vinyl overlays, not just window tint, two different materials altogether.

A clearbra installer should have no problems installing these.

Bat™
Bat... Do you have "recommended" installers across the US that you or any of customers have had success with?
Old 04-24-2008, 03:21 AM
Blue_Batmobile

Yes, I'm in the process of putting a directory together, so if anyone can recommend a good place that's installed my Overlays, let me know. I think I have someone in Georgia, I'll double check .

Bat™
Old 04-24-2008, 07:24 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i kno you have james in ny, and underground tint. Thats all i can think of for the exception of a member of g35nyc.com he is a pretty good installer him self.
Old 04-24-2008, 03:59 PM
symalik
Registered Member

Let me know if you have some one around chicago area
Old 04-24-2008, 05:04 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by Blue_Batmobile
Yes, I'm in the process of putting a directory together, so if anyone can recommend a good place that's installed my Overlays, let me know. I think I have someone in Georgia, I'll double check .

Bat™
Well, Ryan couldn't fit me in to the schedule since some people were lagging and took forever to get to the meet. Is there any you recommmend in the LA area. I really want these overlays on now, and I don't wanna wait a whole month for ryan to come back up here. Plus with gas, I don't know if I really wanna make the trip down to SD at the moment.
Old 04-27-2008, 04:54 AM
Blue_Batmobile

damn. How about Tint Zone?

Bat™
Old 01-06-2009, 01:14 PM
chuly740

Hey Bat just got your overlays for head/tails....do you have any installers in the south florida area. I called a few tint places and they were hesitant to do them.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:54 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There's a DIY someone did on a 350Z I found long time ago. Try google. I think the headlight and tail lights are the hardest part though, because of the curvature.
Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 PM
ProstylezG37

what about houston? or lousiana? any installers?

Quick Reply: Need DIY or Advice for Bat's overlays