Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

PolarG vs. PIAA fog lamp replacement

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:17 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by wrathletik1
With the help of my Dad, I was finally able to install the piaa 2500k Ion yellow bulbs. They are not very yellow and look almost stock. All that work for nothing. Another side effect is that they emit a lot of heat. So much heat that my clearbra/overlay installer recommended I remove my tinted headlight overlays, and I had him do just that and replace it with ventureshield..

It's wierd because the piaas have the same wattage as the stockies, so I wouldn't think heat is an issue.

For those with the stock foglights, does it emit a lot of heat. I had the overlays on for about a week, and the clear bra installer could already tell it was starting to ripple a little bit in the foglight area.

I hobe it doesnt overheat the healamp housing. I'm thinking the PolarGs would emit even more heat.
i would not say they are anywhere near stock. It all depends on the angle your looking at them. but they are for sure more yellow then the oem. as far as the heat yes it makes the housing hot but it does not seem any hotter then it did with my oem bulbs. if you park your car next to one with oem fogs you will see a big difference. i did one piaa and one oem to compare and its a clear difference. just may not seem that way to you because you were expected something extremely yellow i.e. the polars