Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

does our city light stay on all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 01:56 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
does our city light stay on all the time?

just wondering if our little city light stays on all the time...i thought i saw a G37 the other day with them on and no other lights were on

mine's only come on if i have the headlights on or parking lights on

Last edited by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[; 04-02-2008 at 01:27 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 02:09 PM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
no. only if the headlights or parking lights are on.

Last edited by speedracer g37; 04-01-2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:21 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
no if it stayed on it would be a daytime running light. which sucks...
Old 04-02-2008, 06:10 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe the car was from Canada we have to have them aon all the time.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:25 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by shumby
Maybe the car was from Canada we have to have them aon all the time.
that sucks. i hate day time running lights
Old 04-02-2008, 01:07 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol no they dont stay on..like they said only when the headlights are on. but something funny geico gave me a daytime running light discount haha
Old 04-04-2008, 03:40 AM
Atomic-G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My city lights are not on all the time. The fog lights act as daytime running lights, when I switch to the Xenon the city lights then come on. I just replaced the foglights and city lights with PIAA Xtreme whites. What a PITA. Remove the airboxes and windshield resevoir neck to get the job done. My hands are beat to hell. Just a small note to someone doing this that I don't think has been mentioned before. On the foglights once your remove the plastic cap and look into the bulb housing you will see a gold colored Y-clip with a loop on the end. You need to push this in, may take a couple tries and it will unclick allowing the bulb to come out. Putting it back in is a PITA as trying to have the bulb seated in the correct spot and locking that clip back in is very difficult. Your thumb will be hurting but be persistent and you will get the job done.
Old 04-04-2008, 12:29 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Atomic-G
My city lights are not on all the time. The fog lights act as daytime running lights, when I switch to the Xenon the city lights then come on. I just replaced the foglights and city lights with PIAA Xtreme whites. What a PITA. Remove the airboxes and windshield resevoir neck to get the job done. My hands are beat to hell. Just a small note to someone doing this that I don't think has been mentioned before. On the foglights once your remove the plastic cap and look into the bulb housing you will see a gold colored Y-clip with a loop on the end. You need to push this in, may take a couple tries and it will unclick allowing the bulb to come out. Putting it back in is a PITA as trying to have the bulb seated in the correct spot and locking that clip back in is very difficult. Your thumb will be hurting but be persistent and you will get the job done.
its easier to go through the wheel wells. its a little more work but your hands will be thanking you....
Old 04-05-2008, 12:34 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Atomic-G
does the piaa extreme white match perfect? or is a bit more white? im looking for exact match..

and yeah i dont like them to be on all the time with my headlights.. i tihnk there is a fuse that we can remove to stop that.