Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Exterior & Interior Light Specs/Sizes

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 04:38 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
It would be great (since this is a sticky) if the OP were re-done to include all bulb specs for all models and years (sedan, coupe, convertible, IPL if different).

I almost bought H1 bulbs for my fog lights (2011 G37x Sedan)...but ran into some updated info saying they weren't H1, and that H1 was for the coupe. To top it off, I have a 2011, so my fogs are even different from the ones early on in this thread (9006 I think).

I know threads evolve, and I may in fact find the information I need in this thread. But I think it would be really cool if everything anyone needed was in the first post.

Off to find my fog lights...Osram says it's an H8, but I need to confirm before I buy anything.
Old 11-21-2014, 05:00 PM
TONY37X

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
It would be great (since this is a sticky) if the OP were re-done to include all bulb specs for all models and years (sedan, coupe, convertible, IPL if different).

I almost bought H1 bulbs for my fog lights (2011 G37x Sedan)...but ran into some updated info saying they weren't H1, and that H1 was for the coupe. To top it off, I have a 2011, so my fogs are even different from the ones early on in this thread (9006 I think).

I know threads evolve, and I may in fact find the information I need in this thread. But I think it would be really cool if everything anyone needed was in the first post.

Off to find my fog lights...Osram says it's an H8, but I need to confirm before I buy anything.
I already confirmed these details for another member on the last page (Post #86) YES it is H8 for the fogs for SEDANS 2010-2014.

Almost ever other bulb inside and out of the G37/25 SEDAN is 194/168 style wedge INCLUDING Map Lamps, Dome Lamps, Front Doors, License Plate, Trunk, Front Marker/Parking Lamps.

Besides that there are 921 style for the REVERSE LAMPS and type 74 for the GLOVE BOX (Don't bother with is it's a PITA! haha Unless you are changing the Cabin Filter, then might as well).

If you need a suggestion of LED style types or vendor for these bulbs hit me up, I've tried them all over the years and real happy with my current setup... Enjoy!
Old 11-22-2014, 07:47 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
do they sell the W5W lights in different colors? those are the smallest bulbs in the headlight.. they are used for the city light, pretty much all the interior lights as well.. just looking for a pair of amber ones for the city light.. sick of LED's not fitting right
Old 11-24-2014, 09:22 AM
TONY37X

Originally Posted by Xenolith666
do they sell the W5W lights in different colors? those are the smallest bulbs in the headlight.. they are used for the city light, pretty much all the interior lights as well.. just looking for a pair of amber ones for the city light.. sick of LED's not fitting right
Amber colored filament bulbs are the kind that come as OEM, they are w5w/194/168 style, all the same. Not sure what kind of fitment problems you have run into in the past, but I would highly recommend LED over stock. I've used probably 6-8 different LED's in my marker/parking lamps and never had a fitment issue, just changed them either due to failure or trying different styles.

If you need a suggestion of some good LEDs let me know, i'll be posting to the thread as well.
Old 11-24-2014, 10:29 AM
TONY37X

Wanted to give everybody some updated suggestions for LED replacements for our G35/G37's, many of these threads are years old and LED technology has come a long way in that time. I've been playing with different LED bulbs since getting my 2010 G37X Sedan and now on my 2013, so I've had a lot of experience, trial and error with various bulb designs from all the big name sellers such as V-LEDS, SuperbightLEDS, Diode Dynamics, iJDMToy as well as eBay. I will explain my top picks below....

#1) REVERSE LAMPS - Style 921 Bulb - Try these 30w CREE XB-D LEDS:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pair-921-912-Reverse-Backup-light-30W-Cree-XB-D-Xenon-White-LED-BULBS-High-Power-/121230826303?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1c39eb9b3fThese are truly FUNCTIONAL reverse lamps, the CREE LED diodes are super high intensity, pure white in color, and the projector lens on top puts light out on the road where you need it! This is also a TRUSTED US seller with fast S&H so do not hesitate, I've used them many times, and recommended them many more, I'll explain why later....

#2) W5W/194/168 STYLE WEDGE BULBS - (FITS ALL Dome Lamps/Map Lights/Front Doors/Trunk Lamp/License Plate & Front Parking/Marker lamps) - Try any 5630 SMD-Style Diode Bulbs (w/6-10 Diodes Per Bulb) like these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Xenon-White-T10-Side-Wedge-SAMSUNG-5630-10SMD-LED-License-Map-Light-W5W-2825-/251674610206?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a98f9ca1e&vxp=mtrOR
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-X-Latest-5630-T10-6-SMD-Car-Side-Wedge-LED-Light-bulbs-W5W-2825-921-194-168-/200998593905?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2ecc732571&vxp=mtrThese are GREAT wide-angle style LED's with super bight intensity from the 5630 diode, much brighter than the old 5050/3528/1210 SMD chips. So why do I recommend these eBay links over the big name sites? Simple... price, quality and specs. I was a huge V-LEDS fan among others for YEARS, but they have fallen behind in many respects over the years. #1 pricing at these big name sites is INSANE, $5-10 or more for their "Top Tech" bulbs, #2 most sites don't tell you what diodes/specs they are even using because its the old stuff and they just add more diodes on them which just makes the bulbs bigger and bulkier, NOT better or brighter! Lastly, #3 the QUALITY of the big name sites I've found to be no better, I've had less failures from these eBay sellers than with the big sites, and at a fraction of the cost. So in the end its up to you guys, but coming from a LED fanatic like myself give eBay a shot for some newest and best LED tech, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance, your wallet will thank you too!
The following users liked this post:
Youkickmydog24x (02-07-2015)
Old 11-24-2014, 11:52 AM
TONY37X

I also have a recommendation for a Non-LED replacement for the G37/G35 Front Turn Signals. Our turn signals are technically a type 7444NA bulb in the manual which nobody but Infiniti makes, but it is compatible with ANY 3157-style bulb. 3157 is a dual filament bulb like the original, when you turn on your headlight lights only one filament lights up, when you actually signal the second filament lights up to make it brighter.

Linked below are "Stealth" or "Silver Titanium Chrome Vision" as called by Autolumination that will still illuminate Amber or a few other color options, but eliminate the ugly Amber reflections in the stock housings. They are a slightly deeper Amber, maybe not 100% as bight as OEM, but more than sufficient. Been running them for 4+ years so I would say the quality is good compared to the knock-off painted bulbs I've seen on Amazon.

Give them a shot - 3157 Dual Circuit (Center Page): Titanium Chrome Series | Autolumination
Old 11-26-2014, 01:15 PM
Xenolith666

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by TONY37X
Amber colored filament bulbs are the kind that come as OEM, they are w5w/194/168 style, all the same. Not sure what kind of fitment problems you have run into in the past, but I would highly recommend LED over stock. I've used probably 6-8 different LED's in my marker/parking lamps and never had a fitment issue, just changed them either due to failure or trying different styles.

If you need a suggestion of some good LEDs let me know, i'll be posting to the thread as well.
I'll keep the led's you posted in mind in the future.. I found some really amber bulbs, so will give those a try first. The fitment issues I was having is the led's would not be snug when you plug them into the 'socket' of the light.. they would move a little.. hit a bump and they'd go off.. and some of these were VLED's. others have been ebay types.. the actual glass bulb snaps in and fits perfectly in my experience.. the stocks are such a dull white.. hardly an amber color as I see it.
normally i'd go with blue ones.. but the cops around here don't like that too much
Old 11-30-2014, 12:43 AM
tai01

Thanks for the useful info, Tony37x, do you have any suggestions for LED replacements that are not as bright but still white? Any switchback LED recommendations for the 7440A/3157 dual circuit socket?

I used to be a V-LED fan as well, but haven't bought from them in over 4 years. Their pricing is ridiculously expensive now.
Old 12-04-2014, 09:01 AM
TONY37X

Originally Posted by tai01
Thanks for the useful info, Tony37x, do you have any suggestions for LED replacements that are not as bright but still white? Any switchback LED recommendations for the 7440A/3157 dual circuit socket?

I used to be a V-LED fan as well, but haven't bought from them in over 4 years. Their pricing is ridiculously expensive now.
The 6 SMD bulbs are the dimmer of the two linked above for wedge bulbs, give them a shot, they are inexpensive and have a great pure white color. As for switchbacks, No, I never tried them or felt the need, I like my halogen silver stealth bulbs, plug-n-play no resistors or other issues involved.

Yes, V-LEDS is crazy now here's an example their best G reverse lamps: 5K WHITE 15 LED HIGH POWER BULBS 921 Style are $45 a pair, only 7.5w and don't have the projector lens compared to the ones I linked above for $25 which I know are brighter and well made. Big name got them a big fan base and now it's just greedy, I would know, I spent hundreds of dollars with them over the years.
Old 12-30-2014, 07:10 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
The 6 SMD bulbs are the dimmer of the two linked above for wedge bulbs, give them a shot, they are inexpensive and have a great pure white color.
How much brighter are the 10 SMD bulbs above over the stock parking lights? I don't necesarilly want brighter. I'm really looking to get rid of the yellow parking lights. I'd like them to be a nice white that matches the headlights. I just don't know if I should go with the 6 or 10 SMD. Also, that listing is for 10 pieces. I wish they had some smaller packages as I don't need 10, but only 2.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:46 AM
TONY37X

Originally Posted by Jestered
How much brighter are the 10 SMD bulbs above over the stock parking lights? I don't necesarilly want brighter. I'm really looking to get rid of the yellow parking lights. I'd like them to be a nice white that matches the headlights. I just don't know if I should go with the 6 or 10 SMD. Also, that listing is for 10 pieces. I wish they had some smaller packages as I don't need 10, but only 2.
Go with the 6-SMD's, they are pure white, match the headlights well and more than bright enough for parking lights. As far as the 10-pack, it's nice to have extras, plus you can pop the same ones in the rear license plate, trunk, dome/map lights or your front doors, especially at this price can't go wrong.
Old 12-31-2014, 12:01 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Go with the 6-SMD's, they are pure white, match the headlights well and more than bright enough for parking lights. As far as the 10-pack, it's nice to have extras, plus you can pop the same ones in the rear license plate, trunk, dome/map lights or your front doors, especially at this price can't go wrong.
Thanks! I actually ordered these, which are also 6-SMDs:

Parking Light LEDs Parking Light LEDs

They have really good reviews, which is important to me. The install looks pretty much exactly like on the G35. I did this same thing on my G35 and it was a SOB! Because of that I only want to do this once, so the positive reviews put me at ease a little. I thought about doing my fogs at the same time, since I'll be there anyway, but decided against it because I plan to add the stand-alone fogs to my Sport bumper. I swear, it never stops with this car!

I already replaced every interior light in the car with LEDs. I also replaced the trunk and license plate lights with LEDs, so I don't need the extras. I never imagined the LED conversion would make such a big difference inside the car, but it did!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:29 PM
TONY37X

Originally Posted by Jestered
Thanks! I actually ordered these, which are also 6-SMDs:

Parking Light LEDs

They have really good reviews, which is important to me. The install looks pretty much exactly like on the G35. I did this same thing on my G35 and it was a SOB! Because of that I only want to do this once, so the positive reviews put me at ease a little. I thought about doing my fogs at the same time, since I'll be there anyway, but decided against it because I plan to add the stand-alone fogs to my Sport bumper. I swear, it never stops with this car!

I already replaced every interior light in the car with LEDs. I also replaced the trunk and license plate lights with LEDs, so I don't need the extras. I never imagined the LED conversion would make such a big difference inside the car, but it did!
Ah I've tried the Kolite's also, same quality and brightness (5630 chip) as the ones I linked above, but at $6 per bulb that's steep compared to $1.80 per bulb on the 10-pack. The eBay seller I linked has over 47,000+ Reviews @ 99.8% Positive feedback, just sayin...
Old 05-26-2016, 02:26 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
2013 g37 IPL Coupe
Are my foglights h1 bulbs or h11?
I have read conflicting info and want to change my bulbs.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2016, 04:00 PM
dwb993
Premier Member

Received 87 Likes on 76 Posts
Wanted to give everybody some updated suggestions for LED replacements for our G35/G37's, many of these threads are years old and LED technology has come a long way in that time. I've been playing with different LED bulbs since getting my 2010 G37X Sedan and now on my 2013, so I've had a lot of experience, trial and error with various bulb designs from all the big name sellers such as V-LEDS, SuperbightLEDS, Diode Dynamics, iJDMToy as well as eBay. I will explain my top picks below....

#1) REVERSE LAMPS - Style 921 Bulb - Try these 30w CREE XB-D LEDS:
Pair 921 912 Reverse Backup Light 30W CREE XB D Xenon White LED Bulbs High Power | eBay
These are truly FUNCTIONAL reverse lamps, the CREE LED diodes are super high intensity, pure white in color, and the projector lens on top puts light out on the road where you need it! This is also a TRUSTED US seller with fast S&H so do not hesitate, I've used them many times, and recommended them many more, I'll explain why later....

#2) W5W/194/168 STYLE WEDGE BULBS - (FITS ALL Dome Lamps/Map Lights/Front Doors/Trunk Lamp/License Plate & Front Parking/Marker lamps) - Try any 5630 SMD-Style Diode Bulbs (w/6-10 Diodes Per Bulb) like these: 10x Xenon White T10 Side Wedge Samsung 5630 10SMD LED License Map Light W5W 2825 | eBay
OR
10 x Latest 5630 T10 6 SMD Car Side Wedge LED Light Bulbs W5W 2825 921 194 168 | eBay
These are GREAT wide-angle style LED's with super bight intensity from the 5630 diode, much brighter than the old 5050/3528/1210 SMD chips. So why do I recommend these eBay links over the big name sites? Simple... price, quality and specs. I was a huge V-LEDS fan among others for YEARS, but they have fallen behind in many respects over the years. #1 pricing at these big name sites is INSANE, $5-10 or more for their "Top Tech" bulbs, #2 most sites don't tell you what diodes/specs they are even using because its the old stuff and they just add more diodes on them which just makes the bulbs bigger and bulkier, NOT better or brighter! Lastly, #3 the QUALITY of the big name sites I've found to be no better, I've had less failures from these eBay sellers than with the big sites, and at a fraction of the cost. So in the end its up to you guys, but coming from a LED fanatic like myself give eBay a shot for some newest and best LED tech, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by the quality and performance, your wallet will thank you too!
Tony, thanks for posting up these suggestions. I have done LEDs on the tails and headlights with units from DD (fogs) and RetrofitSource (heads and parking) and was looking for reverse and interior lights.

Originally Posted by tai01

Check my Build Thread for links to a DIY to change your current turn signals to LED switchbacks. You need to replace the bulb sockets with 7443 units and I have links to all you need.

Quick Reply: Exterior & Interior Light Specs/Sizes