Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
View Poll Results: Do your Sport-Seats have the leather seat bubble/strech issue?
Yes
72.55%
No
27.45%
Voters: 674. You may not vote on this poll

Pictures of your leather seat 'issues'

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 11:05 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I agree wih Majin - I weigh about 220 and seat looks fine at 3k miles...still clean and shiny...I admit I did use cleaner and conditioner and have been meticulous in sitting with nothing in my back pocket.
I think that is the key....
Old 04-02-2008, 12:18 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Regarding having difficulty with the dealer replacing seats- On my 03 G35 I had an issue with my driver seat becoming slightly discolored where my belt would rub on the seat. They replaced the seat cover without question. Later I had a problem with the foam on the thigh support. Again they replaced the seat bottom cushion without question. Keep in mind that the dealer gets paid via factory warranty to do the work. A reputable will want to help you get this fixed.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 PM
spyderbret

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I think that is the key....
I am not sure that is the case. I keep my wallet in my left back pocket and the "bubble" is on the right side of the seat. I do not have any issues with the left side of the seat....
I just had the car serviced and I forgot to mention it to them. I will next time though and see what they say.
Old 04-02-2008, 12:43 PM
DEC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bottom line it shouldn't matter whether you drive with a wallet or not. The seat should be able to withstand that and much more.

There is no question in my mind that this is a quality issue and one that needs to be addressed....of course I haven't taken my lazy butt to the dealer yet so I don't know what they'll say...

Hope to hear from someone else that has...because as soon as they start replacing seats, the precedent has been set...and we all should be good to go...I hope...
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think mine took a week to go away

lol i've been sitting on a folder up towel, and it doesn't do it now. my bony *** is my problem. seats need stiffer padding, or i need *** implants
whats up guys i took my pic, since its still there.. its most likely my boney *** i believe.. im going to try to sit on a towel as well..

now what should i do about this? i have to make a trip to my dealer anyways, what would they do about it?

ps-sorry about the crums the other night i was coming home like 2 am mcdonalds drive through was the only thing open =)..

Last edited by vinnys coupe; 12-15-2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
uhh just pisses me off looking at that pic^^
Old 04-03-2008, 01:41 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Dang!!!
Old 04-03-2008, 02:40 AM
prutkows

I've got the same thing going on.. the left side (my left *** cheek) is wrinkled (likely from my wallet) and the right side has that protruding dimple some of you have most likely from my phone.

I'm going to take it to the dealer this weekend and demand a new seat and deny driving with anything in my back pockets.. i did the same thing when they screwed in the license plate holder to my front bumper when i gave them specific instructions not to.. So they switched out my bumper for a new g37s bumper they got off another car. Hopefully they'll order me new seats, it should be under warranty? only had my car a month and a half.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:23 AM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the tip guys. I'll wear my wallet in the front pockets while driving. One word of caution. If you're going to report any of these issues with your leather seats, I'd suggest doing it before you reach 12K miles. I had something similar happen with my old 350Z Touring leather seats and reported it at around 13K miles. The dealer told me that had I reported prior to 12K, they could have replaced the seat cover. However after 12K, they just dismiss it as normal wear and tear. I even called Nissan and they advised me they had to go by what the dealer said.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:30 AM
NemesisG37

BIG F*CKING DEAL....Its a car seat....what are you gunna do, hover over the seat as you drive to prevent wrinkles? You people never seem to amuse me.

Last edited by NemesisG37; 04-03-2008 at 03:32 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 06:11 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^ Who $hit in your corn flakes man. I don't want to hover over my seats but I would like to sit on them for more than 20 hours before they start to fall apart.
Old 04-03-2008, 10:52 AM
prutkows

Originally Posted by NemesisG37
BIG F*CKING DEAL....Its a car seat....what are you gunna do, hover over the seat as you drive to prevent wrinkles? You people never seem to amuse me.
i guess its a G37 "S" owner's thing :P haha jk.
i think a lot of us experiencing this problem still have pretty much brand new cars (under 5k miles).. mine started to form at only around 300 miles and i'm now at around 1200. I'm going to call my dealer and have them do something about it once i get a break from school.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:41 AM
jchen043

going to dealership for this problem saturday will get back to you guys asap
Old 04-03-2008, 12:40 PM
DEC1

Originally Posted by NemesisG37
It's a problem on a $40K++ car that shouldn't be happening...as soon as consumers stop complaining about stuff like this is when the companies will think it's ok to keep doing it...

no one should have to hover...or use towels...or take their wallets out...or any other abnormal thing that we haven't done with other cars with leather seats...that's the whole point...

so yes it IS a big %^%$# deal....if you don't care about it...don't join the conversation....

by the way...we aren't here for your amusement....
Old 04-03-2008, 01:37 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
whats up guys i took my pic, since its still there.. its most likely my boney *** i believe.. im going to try to sit on a towel as well..

now what should i do about this? i have to make a trip to my dealer anyways, what would they do about it?

ps-sorry about the crums the other night i was coming home like 2 am mcdonalds drive through was the only thing open =)..
tats pretty bad!! like the worse i have seen so far!!!!
mann we need a solution!!!

Quick Reply: Pictures of your leather seat 'issues'