Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
View Poll Results: Do your Sport-Seats have the leather seat bubble/strech issue?
Yes
72.55%
No
27.45%
Voters: 674. You may not vote on this poll

Pictures of your leather seat 'issues'

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 08:21 PM
BooSa37

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chenmin7
wooo. hope that doesn't happen to me.
Happens to everyone, sooner or later
Old 09-13-2011, 10:39 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
What I don't get is why does this happen on the drivers side and not the passenger side? Almost anytime our car is driven my wife and I are both in it. This car sits in the garage and is kind of like our going out/road trip car. When I got the car (1,200 miles now sits at 4,500 miles) the drivers seat was already doing it and the dealership told me they would fix it if it got worse. It hasn't but it is just anoying. I just don't understand why the passenger seat wouldn't do it as well. I would go through all of these pages but thats a lot to go through.
Old 09-13-2011, 10:45 AM
Tazicon

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by roots4x
Just checked my wife's 2008 535i and it looks much worse. She is skinny and obviously has no wallet. She's also been the only owner/driver except me. I think a little leather stretching in the sharpest point of your butt is to be expected.

My 06 Jeep Liberty leather seats look great still after over 100,000 miles and pretty much being abused. Yes Jeep Liberty! Come on those are cheap vehicles compared to yours or my Infiniti. I paid 28k for the Jeep. Yes it does have seat warmers which we used a lot in Colorado.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:49 AM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
For the record. Got mine replaced 4 months ago and no issues so far.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Eugenius
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine got the hump after 400 miles, same right side and pretty much visible.
And ... I dont care much, I think there are no perfect cars in the world.
I'm 160lb and never carry my wallet in the back pocket. ( I had a bad experience when my wallet was snitched )

So just decided to save my nerves and wont replace it. But just in case I will report to my dealer in case it became much much worst
Old 12-15-2011, 02:53 PM
breftayka

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
I've fought over this for a while, but can't get them to replace it. Any other little thing needs replacing and it's no problem, but the seat is a PITA...

My service department told me they did not get approval to replace my seat, and suggested I call consumer affairs. I talked to this guy named Mario, and he obviously doesn't drive a G37 cause he was having none of it. Blamed it on me driving with my wallet in my back pocket when that was not even discussed. I asked who can I go to higher than him since I was not happy with the result, and he told me he didn't know but maybe try the Better Business Bureau.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:02 PM
G-MENTED
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my driver seat had two bubbles in the leather of the seat cushion. i had it replaced under warranty 2 weeks ago. the seat looks different from the passenger seat. it's not as snug. for those of you who also replaced the seat cushion, is this the same for you?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:27 AM
avsBuddy
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think replacing the driver seat under warranty is pointless at this time. Infiniti will replace it with exactly same cushion, and now you have to rely on tech guy putting your seat back correctly.

I just got a 2012 G37 and my seat has exactly same two craters just after 1000 miles. I don't worry about it too much, and I'm ****. If you think about it, as long as you get the support, it doesn't matter how it looks cause you can't see it while driving

But it's worth noting that my WRX cloth seats looked practically brand new after 8 years of driving. But of course, cloth seats are not cool, so all luxury cars have to come with leather seating surface only.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 PM
murat

Originally Posted by l2awin
A dealer in Northern Virginia just ordered the bottom cushion for me... not sure if you want to drive that far though.
Did you happen to goto Infiniti of Chantilly by any chance?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:10 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
My theory is that the "bubble seat" issue is caused by the heated seats.
I don't think it matters how heavy you are but if you heat up the leather it will stretch and with someone sitting on the seat chances are it will stay stretched creating a bubble.

I have had my G for a year and never had a issue with bubble seats. Recently I noticed that the passenger seat has a small " bubble"; I noticed this only after the passenger has used the heat seat option just a few times.
The driver side is just like new because I never use the heat option.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it
Old 01-09-2013, 09:33 PM
murat

Originally Posted by Mike24
My theory is that the "bubble seat" issue is caused by the heated seats.
I don't think it matters how heavy you are but if you heat up the leather it will stretch and with someone sitting on the seat chances are it will stay stretched creating a bubble.

I have had my G for a year and never had a issue with bubble seats. Recently I noticed that the passenger seat has a small " bubble"; I noticed this only after the passenger has used the heat seat option just a few times.
The driver side is just like new because I never use the heat option.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it
That makes sense. I had the heat on my seat set to med-low for the entire trip. Did your passenger seat get better over time, or is it still stretched?
Old 01-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Gio37
Registered Member

Received 244 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by murat
That makes sense. I had the heat on my seat set to med-low for the entire trip. Did your passenger seat get better over time, or is it still stretched?
I think once is gone is gone forever
My passenger seat doesnt look that bad, but I dont allow the heat seat feature to be used anymore....C'mon we are in So-Cal !!
Old 01-10-2013, 01:13 AM
dholmblad
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My seat has two cheek marks from the previous owner.... Must have been a. Big boy
Old 11-27-2013, 01:44 AM
ROYCE 415

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
got my coupe at 65k miles and already had the issue
Old 12-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Nick3753

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
No issues on driver side after 14k miles, passenger seat has one that at first would disappear after a few days with no passenger, now appears to be staying around. I would guess the passenger seat has less than 3k miles of seat time too, almost all by my 120 lb, 5' 4" wife. I noticed it after a long road trip (4-5 hours) where she had the seat heater (I think) on for several hours and was squirming around in the seat though, so maybe that did it. I use my seat heaters briefly from time to time.

Quick Reply: Pictures of your leather seat 'issues'