Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

A/C is very LOUD. Whats the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 01:39 AM
rmk600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey man. I haven't gotten my G yet, but all compressors are belt driven. When you turn just the fan on there is no noise. When you hit A/C the noise starts but only 1/4 of the time? Is this right? I would agree with previous posts and say it's definately your compressor. But a new car shouldn't have any issues with the compressor. Have you called an A/C specific shop just to run the scenario by them and get any suggestions? If this is an A/C problem it's gonna be a generic thing that maybe they have run into on another car. I hope you get a couple of ideas out of this. Whatever it is, it shouldn't hurt the car. You just will not be able to use the A/C if something bigger happens. Then they will definately fix it. haha. Good luck.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:03 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rmk600
Hey man. I haven't gotten my G yet, but all compressors are belt driven. When you turn just the fan on there is no noise. When you hit A/C the noise starts but only 1/4 of the time? Is this right? I would agree with previous posts and say it's definately your compressor. But a new car shouldn't have any issues with the compressor. Have you called an A/C specific shop just to run the scenario by them and get any suggestions? If this is an A/C problem it's gonna be a generic thing that maybe they have run into on another car. I hope you get a couple of ideas out of this. Whatever it is, it shouldn't hurt the car. You just will not be able to use the A/C if something bigger happens. Then they will definately fix it. haha. Good luck.
You described my problem exactly. Also the noise gets louder if I rev the engine or if I'm driving at higher RPMs. I do think its the compressor. I think talking to an AC specific shop is a good idea and I might do that. Thanks.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:23 PM
rmk600

No problem. How many miles are on your G?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:11 AM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by rmk600
No problem. How many miles are on your G?
A Little over 6,000. However, I noticed this problem early on.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:00 AM
rmk600

Can't believe on a new car this would happen. Kinda makes me wonder what else might go wrong...
Old 05-02-2008, 11:42 AM
Achilles

If you find out what this is, inform us here on the forum. Not everyone is having this problem and some have quite a few more miles than 6k.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:52 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Achilles
If you find out what this is, inform us here on the forum. Not everyone is having this problem and some have quite a few more miles than 6k.
No news yet...but I'll post if/when I get some.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:48 PM
wampire

Hi guys. I have the same problem on my G37S AT. I took my car already 3 times to the guys but when the car was there noise from a/c didnt wanna come. I have to do 1000km more to do my 5000km check then I'll try to push them. If they gonna fix that problem I'll post here what they did. It really **** me off cause my car was delivered with scratch on my paint, then still I have some ratteling noise comming from engine between 2000-3000rpm, and problem with my right wiper who scratch my windscreen.

Last edited by wampire; 05-16-2008 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:59 PM
Achilles

The wiper should get replaced.

The paint issue, did you do a walk-around before you accepted the car from the dealer?

Engine noise? This is not the muffler rattle that has been occurring on the G37's, is it?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:37 PM
wrathletik1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The paint issue, did you do a walk-around before you accepted the car from the dealer?

Engine noise? This is not the muffler rattle that has been occurring on the G37's, is it?
Even if you do a walk around before you accept it from the dealer, you won't catch everything. I caught 2 scratches after I did a walk around at my house, and yes I did one at the dealer too. I promply took it back and they fixed the imperfections and gave me free touch up paint.
Old 05-18-2008, 10:05 AM
wampire

Paint- i didnt accept car on delivery and after 5 times of polishing finally i got it

Engine noise- im not sure cause its not all the time and while you are driving i have a feeling that sound is comming from the car front

AC- problem come after i did cca 1000km and its not all the time like on yours car so my dealer also dont now what to do

Wiper- they have tried to repair it and they screw it up so now they have to replace the wiper arm and wiper and polish windscreen

Just to say that i have car in United Arab Emirates where im working as expat
Old 05-18-2008, 07:26 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Yes please post if they tell you what the AC issue is. I'll do the same if I ever get them to hear it.
Old 07-09-2008, 08:14 PM
citizeninsane

did you ever find out what it was causing the noise?
Old 07-10-2008, 03:12 AM
Gday
Banned

same here, the car also SHAKES when the AC is on....
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 AM
wampire

I was lucky. Took my car for 5000km inspection and my AC started to make noise in front of mechanic and they have decided to replace AC compressor. Now that stupid acceleration noise is gonne but i think that all AC is much louder

Quick Reply: A/C is very LOUD. Whats the problem?