Body Interior Exterior Lighting

A/C is very LOUD. Whats the problem?

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 01:08 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by ohseedee
Ok thanks. I wont be able to take it in until late next week. Its hot in SoCal so I have to run the AC until then. It should be ok since I've been running it like this for months. I'll let you guys know how it goes after I take it in.
OCD were you able to take your car in yet.. Do let us know what the deal was when it's fixed.
Old 03-17-2008, 04:22 PM
Trader_J

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
same thing...

My car does the same thing. Especially when starting it up on a hot day. If you hit the a/c button if stops. Definitely the compressor of compressor clutch like someone else said. It goes away eventually. I'll take care of it next time I bring it in...
Old 03-18-2008, 01:56 AM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I have not taken mine in yet. I'm going to try and do it this Saturday. If anyone else with the same problem has taken theirs in for this issue, let us know. Thanks
Old 03-30-2008, 04:25 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I have not had time to take my car in for this issue. Has anyone else had theirs looked at? Thanks.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:20 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can hear my compressor when the A/C is on top, like a quite growl that revs proportionate to the throttle. So let us know once you've taken it in. I'm going to call the Dealership today just to get them coordinated to send me serivce reminders.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:49 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Graham
I can hear my compressor when the A/C is on top, like a quite growl that revs proportionate to the throttle. So let us know once you've taken it in. I'm going to call the Dealership today just to get them coordinated to send me serivce reminders.
I took it in today and its there right now. They called me to tell me that they have not heard the growl yet. They basically said if they don't hear it theres nothing they can do. Does anyone know what exactly can I tell them to check so they can fix this thing?
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I don't think they are taking this issue seriously. The guy said I was the first person he ever heard this issue from. I kind of think they don't believe me. If they don't hear the noise they will just give me my car back without fixing anything.

Graham, are you in OC? My car is at Tustin Infiniti right now. Maybe if you give them a call or bring your car down today, they will take us seriously. Let me know....Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 04:07 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What if you video taped it and gave them the footage? I figure I'll give that a shot next time something happens in my car just in case it's hard to reproduce at the dealership.
Old 04-28-2008, 04:10 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
with air blowing out of the vents i doubt that a video would pick up the sound...
Old 04-28-2008, 04:22 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Video might be a good idea...however it would suck if I have to pick up my car and take it back for the same issue. I shouldn't have to jump through hoops to get my car fixed.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:20 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I got a call from the dealer today. The said my car wasn't making the growl sound while they were checking the car, so there is nothing they can do. It does it only about 25% of the time, so its going to be hard to bring it in at a time its making the sound.

My only hope is that someone takes their car in and posts in detail what the problem was. Or maybe if more people take it to the dealer with the same issue.

Graham, if you are in OC maybe you can take yours into Tustin for this issue. If so, please let me know.

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry i just saw your posts, I'm at work most of the time so i don't plan on bringing my car in until the 3700 oil change, i'm at 1500 right now so I'm probably not going to be your best bet. I figure if my car dies its there fault and warranty will fix it. I'll just be rockin a G35 sedan for a little.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Graham
Sorry i just saw your posts, I'm at work most of the time so i don't plan on bringing my car in until the 3700 oil change, i'm at 1500 right now so I'm probably not going to be your best bet. I figure if my car dies its there fault and warranty will fix it. I'll just be rockin a G35 sedan for a little.
It's cool...Just let me know if you get it fixed. Next time I bring mine in I'll bring up the issue again.

I don't think this is going to cause our cars to die...its just annoying and embarrassing. The other day my friend was in my car and said, "damn...your AC is loud!"
Old 04-29-2008, 08:51 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by ohseedee
It's cool...Just let me know if you get it fixed. Next time I bring mine in I'll bring up the issue again.

I don't think this is going to cause our cars to die...its just annoying and embarrassing. The other day my friend was in my car and said, "damn...your AC is loud!"
No, it won't stop your car from running but it is going to make the A?C problem progressively worse until you take in in to get fixed.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:53 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Black Betty
No, it won't stop your car from running but it is going to make the A?C problem progressively worse until you take in in to get fixed.
Good...Infiniti refuses to look at my AC unless its making the sound while its there. So, if its worse they will fix it. In fact I actually hope my AC craps out completely so they will fix it without me having to convince them that there is a problem.

Quick Reply: A/C is very LOUD. Whats the problem?