Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Sunny81

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
I have a cold rattle somewhere on the passenger side where the A-Pillar meets the dashboard. It drives me insane.
This rattle just appeared in my car this past month. Drove through winter of 07 with no issues, quiet as a church in the car then. Guess that's why ever little sound is so obvious.

Anyway, the rattle either sounds like it's coming from the A-pillar, the base of the windshield, or behind the instrument cluster. Personally I would have been fine if the steering wheel was adjustable, not the whole instrument panel. More moving parts = more possibilities for rattles. Also, unrelated, but the rubbery part above the instrument panel has started to separate from the buttons to the left of the steering wheel. The buttons that adjust the cluster brightness. It's the smallest separation, but fit and finish is a big deal to me and it's driving me nuts.
Old 01-30-2009, 10:10 AM
Frank

Originally Posted by Callaway
i have an annoying one in my speedo cluster somewhere. only happens when it's cold.

I got the same ****! It's really starting to **** me off. Only 3k miles on the car.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:57 AM
kayno

Originally Posted by aznutx
i have one in my steering wheel column somewhere, someone mentioned it might behind the speedo but i think it's lower like right behind the steering wheel, um it sounds like styrofoam rubbing together kinda squeek, happens alot in the cold, and over bumps , took it to the dealership today. they have no idea until they take it all apart. which i didnt have time for so next time i guess.
Dude if you ever get it fixed let me know.. I have that exact same problem.. Its anoying..
Old 03-23-2009, 01:04 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i had one coming from my mirror, they replaced it and it still makes sounds. I also have a creaking noise coming from my door, sounds like the window or inside the door panel.
Old 03-23-2009, 06:14 PM
chuly740

I have a few, I noticed if my seatbelt holder isn't pulled up all the way it makes a ton of noise, thats the main one so I always make sure it's pulled up and problem solved so far...
Old 03-23-2009, 09:28 PM
lakers8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish our seatbelt holders were like the CLK. In the CLK its automatic, so when you sit it brings the seatbelt to you for easier access. When you take off your belt and open your door, it pulls the belt away from you.
Old 03-24-2009, 12:11 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lakers8
i had one coming from my mirror, they replaced it and it still makes sounds. I also have a creaking noise coming from my door, sounds like the window or inside the door panel.
its coming from the passanger door lower speaker. I have seen this in almost every local G37 to me. Mine has it also. have someone sit in your passanger seat and press the speaker panel and it should go away.

Originally Posted by lakers8
i wish our seatbelt holders were like the CLK. In the CLK its automatic, so when you sit it brings the seatbelt to you for easier access. When you take off your belt and open your door, it pulls the belt away from you.
The new bmw 3 series has this also. its a great idea.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:28 AM
Danny818

After pushing 140 on the free way, i began to hear rattles from my moon roof... i took it to the dealer and the dude told me that many customers have this issue.. I could not drive over 35 with out hearing that damn rattle. Quick fix though =)