Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Rattles

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 09:10 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a cold rattle somewhere on the passenger side where the A-Pillar meets the dashboard. It drives me insane.
Old 03-22-2008, 04:18 AM
rl982

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I swear, I feel like such a jerk going to the dealership and telling them to fix rattles... I can imagine it's more frustrating trying to fix what the driver hears... but I have a rattle that comes between the driver's lower tweeter speaker and the aluminum trim area... And speaker bass response rattles on the lower driver door. I seriously just want to replace the entire door!

But overall, this car is just beautiful to drive, a rattle won't bum me down.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:31 AM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I hear a little bit of exhaust rattling only if i have the RPM's too low when taking off from a stop. i don't know if that's normal or not...

and i also heard my first creak noise from the dashboard. it only happened 3 or 4 times on my way to LA and back, but i hope it doesn't get any worse...
Old 03-24-2008, 01:09 AM
ReddieG37

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Just picked up a LP G37 journey w/ premium a couple of hours ago . I brought it home and listened to the sound system, and realized a slight rattle near the driver side rear speaker whenever the bass hits. It's a bit annoying but not too noticeable. Hopefully the dealership can get that fixed.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 AM
rcharles

Originally Posted by desavirsire
I have an extremely annoying rattle coming from my passengers side door speaker. I don't know if it is inside the door or the speaker cover but it rattles at certain frequencies of bass and when I hit bumps in the road. It's driving me INSANE!
Have this one also.
Old 07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
btg123

I absolutely cannot stand rattles (whether in the dash, door, etc.). One of the reasons I traded the Z in for the 37. I have the notorious muffler rattle at startup (for about 5 secs then disappears) and judging from posts, there is no cure considering "new" mufflers are doing same thing. Probably will put entirely new exhaust system on it out of spite.

This morning, I notice a slight "popping" sound that seems to come from the center blue-tooth speaker. It happened sporadically, but drove me crazy. Took everything out of glove box, etc. and turned everything off...still had the faint popping when I hit a rough part of road (ATL has terrible roads). I searched everywhere and it seemed to be coming from speaker (it wasnt a rattle, more like a slight "popping" noise). It did it until I entered parking garage, then it stopped even though garage is not entirely smooth. Didn't notice it on the way home, but have a feeling it will come back. (and its not the seatbelts which I've set to not move at all).
Old 07-01-2008, 09:36 PM
notalk

Originally Posted by btg123
I have the notorious muffler rattle at startup (for about 5 secs then disappears) and judging from posts, there is no cure considering "new" mufflers are doing same thing.
The "B" mufflers do not rattle. The original "A" mufflers will still rattle. All TSB replacements are the "B" mufflers.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:27 PM
Achilles

Originally Posted by btg123
I absolutely cannot stand rattles (whether in the dash, door, etc.). One of the reasons I traded the Z in for the 37. I have the notorious muffler rattle at startup (for about 5 secs then disappears) and judging from posts, there is no cure considering "new" mufflers are doing same thing. Probably will put entirely new exhaust system on it out of spite.

This morning, I notice a slight "popping" sound that seems to come from the center blue-tooth speaker. It happened sporadically, but drove me crazy. Took everything out of glove box, etc. and turned everything off...still had the faint popping when I hit a rough part of road (ATL has terrible roads). I searched everywhere and it seemed to be coming from speaker (it wasnt a rattle, more like a slight "popping" noise). It did it until I entered parking garage, then it stopped even though garage is not entirely smooth. Didn't notice it on the way home, but have a feeling it will come back. (and its not the seatbelts which I've set to not move at all).
Take it back to replace the center speaker. There is a blue-tooth white noise problem with the speaker, more of a hum.

New mufflers don't rattle, take it back!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 06:37 PM
btg123

Thanks for info guys. Had no idea the new B muffler actually solves problem. Hopefully I can just call and have them order it so I don't waste time leaving at dealership while they check it out, call and tell me that have to order it, keep it for 3 days, etc.
Old 07-02-2008, 08:06 PM
bocatrip

The Rattle Saga

Nice to hear that since my purchase on July of 2003.. that this site and Infiniti is still dealing with all the rattle issues that just don't seem to go away. We had a zillion of these posts in 2003! Our cars have always and as I see are still plagued with rattles. I hate them and it makes my 04 Coupe seem like a piece of sh. t I have learned to live with it due to the economy or I would have traded it in. Unfortunately, most of the cars with better body interiors also have other issues such as electrical .. The Germans make a better interior but their entire car sucks. IT's a trade off.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:12 PM
btg123

Muffler prob solved. But of course dash noise couldnt be "recreated" at dealer. Like you said, some things you have to live with. Neighbor has a brand new 335i and my probs are nothing compared to his (electrical/engine oil temp, etc.). I gave him a lift to work one day and he said he regretted not checking Infiniti bf purchase. Ironic, bc I bought 37 right after test driving 335i. I of course starting mentioning all the things he could have done after saving at least 10k buying the G. Couldnt help myself...
Old 08-20-2008, 04:28 PM
DoctorTuna

Mine has 1400 miles and I have a rattle coming from the passenger door area, haven't been able to localize, thought it might be from the seatbelt holder, but after adjustment no luck. Only hear it on certain bumps on the road, intermittent and drowned out by my stereo. Rattles drive me crazy as well. I had a dashboard rattle in my Acura RL, they fixed it with some felt inserts but the dash didn't come back together quite exactly as it was. I try to put up with rattles if possible instead of having dealer tear apart the car looking for them.
Old 08-20-2008, 05:48 PM
DrJones

I've noticed that my center arm rest is not sitting flush and it rattles often.
Old 11-21-2008, 10:12 AM
mikelr

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DrJones
I've noticed that my center arm rest is not sitting flush and it rattles often.
My arm rest squeaks a little bit, but only when you have you arm resting on it. No other rattles (interior anyway *stock muffler rattled*) with 26000 on the clock.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:31 PM
G35Coupe6MT05

On both the driver and passanger seat i have a rattle in the seat belt. Not in the part that hits the pillar but the part that is stationary to the seat. They internally rattle and it's the most annoying thing. I can move them around usually to stop the rattle or if the seat belt is pluged into them they stop. I haven't seen anything on the posts about this. Anyone have this problem?

Quick Reply: Rattles