Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Entry/Exit Seat (Slides when u open door)

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 10:24 PM
NotUrG
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LAZY TURBO
i am pretty sure they didnt offer this for the coupe.
Yes they did- the early builds had it. The demo car that I had for a day had it. I fell in love with that feature- makes it easier for someone with a destroyed knee (soccer injury) to get in and out of the car.

I was reading in the book tonite about initializing the feature, if the car is equipped with it- something to the effect of you have to open and close the door more than 2 times after the ignition has been turned from on to off- not exactly sure what they meant. Its in the book under "entry/exit". I'll have to mess around with it later, when I have time.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:46 PM
leeladisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NotUrG
Yes they did- the early builds had it. The demo car that I had for a day had it. I fell in love with that feature- makes it easier for someone with a destroyed knee (soccer injury) to get in and out of the car.

I was reading in the book tonite about initializing the feature, if the car is equipped with it- something to the effect of you have to open and close the door more than 2 times after the ignition has been turned from on to off- not exactly sure what they meant. Its in the book under "entry/exit". I'll have to mess around with it later, when I have time.
Tried this on my coupe without any luck...

L
Old 02-14-2008, 09:06 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by NotUrG

The mention in the manual is meant for the sedan.
Old 07-20-2008, 04:53 PM
btg123

If they disabled the feature for the 37 at the last minute (assuming people in the rear of a damn 35 can get out of their seat before the seat "crushes" their legs beyond repair), then there is one simple solution. If the seat slides back and makes contact with the poor soul in the back seat, then the seat could automatically move fwd a few inches, then return sliding backward. Its not rocket science, especially considering I paid for every option available for the 37. Ive seen cars for 10k less have this feature and it makes entering/exiting car much easier.
Old 07-20-2008, 05:21 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will no one be satisfied with the car you bought? It doesn't do everything. It does move forward but you need to press the button on the back of the seat. You need to do one little thing. That is it. Guys be happy with what you bought or by the 10k less car that does this if it is that important. jeez. Everyone who bought this car knew that it doesn't do this so why do people b!tch. I can see why the first buyers of the G37 are irritated about the voice-command thing because the model that the dealerships had had the extended list but things like this make no sense.

Oh ya, and this is an old thread. lol

Last edited by bboysteele; 07-20-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:02 PM
btg123

Not everyone knew the feature was disabled when they bought the car which is evident from all the posts refering to it (and the fact the first demos had the feature). I agree its not a big deal, but today (after picking up my car from dealer to fix infamous muffler rattle), I thought how nice it would be to have feature-and whola! its an option in my "comfort/convenience" settings and actually appears in the manual. Thought it would ease pain of having car in shop after only 500 miles...apparently I should have checked old posts to confirm things are available as advertised...
Old 07-20-2008, 06:08 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

One thing you can do and this has been discussed is set one of your other memory seat setting to allow for this feature. Once you stop and put the brake on, hit the 2nd memory button which you set to move the seat all the way back and the steering column up. If this is a feature that you really want this is something a lot of use are doing to get it (in a way). Try this. Hope it helps.
Old 07-20-2008, 06:16 PM
btg123

Thanks. I was just steaming after the muffler issue (and after spending 45 mins outside trying to figure this out in 110 deg heat). I came in and did a search here, and of course got the news i didnt want to hear.
Have a bad leg injury and its hell trying to get out/in the car w/my driving setup (which i dont want to change). Thx again for advice.
Old 07-20-2008, 07:05 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

No Problem.