Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

The horror that was my bats roof over lay...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 06:37 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The horror that was my bats roof over lay...

short story. I got my roof overlay yesterday. knew i wouldnt have time to install it myself since most things i read were talking a couple hours. I have a mobile tint guy i use so i gave him a call and had him come by the shop. he took a look at the overlay and said it would be no problem to install. he starts on the car comes in an hour later and gives me this long story. basically said it looks like complete **** installed because it was cut wrong. Now i highly doubted this as i laid it over my car prior to him getting there while it was still on the paper and everything lined up fine. the only issue was there was a lot of over hang that would of needed to be cut off. not a big deal. in fact thats a good thing. in any case he over layed the middle roof section so i 1 had these huge lines down the middle where the overlay overlapped. then because he did this there were bubbles gallor that would not come out because they would just go from one side of the overlay to theother. then the smart guy he is tried to pull the overlay back to get the bubbles out and stretched the vinyle so when he tried to lay it back down it was creased to hell. he stopped after that and said but look i saved you the ant cover. Oh great so i can cover my ant but the room will be white ya thanks jack ***. He gave me the money back for the install but would not give me the money for the overlay he ****ed up because he said it was not his fault it was cut wrong. anyways i am ****ing pissed.

but on a side not the quality of bats over lay was great prior to this jackass getting a hold of it. I would recommend it to anyone.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:39 PM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
sounds like he wasn't expereinced enough... why not just get the roof painted? it's not expensive...
Old 02-11-2008, 06:41 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dang tat sux!
Old 02-11-2008, 06:44 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Ahhh maybe Bat will cut you a new one for a reduced price.. GL, should look sweet on IP.
Old 02-11-2008, 06:56 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by da mayor
sounds like he wasn't expereinced enough... why not just get the roof painted? it's not expensive...
my car is a lease. not painting the roof
Old 02-11-2008, 06:57 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Ahhh maybe Bat will cut you a new one for a reduced price.. GL, should look sweet on IP.
Even with it being ****ed up the black still looked really cool on the ip white..... but the overlay was just too messed up to keep it on.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:00 PM
gan78mao

dang ur doing alot of mods to a lease!!
whens the amuse coming?
Old 02-11-2008, 07:06 PM
GiGGaplease

dang, that sucks. get that fool to pay you back. you should have taken pictures.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

For $20 I'd say file suit, maybe he will at least settle for half.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:16 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

yea dude thats jacked. tell him your just going to bad mouth him and never use him again. if he is a real pro he would fess up that he wasn't as qualified to do the install instead of fighting it.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:45 PM
UNV-IT46

I argued with the guy for like an hour. I kept telling him there is no way it was cut wrong i test fitted it. and his argument was did you test fit it by sticking it on? no you just laid it on the car so you cant know for sure. and he was like look i gave you back the money for the install. So i said well if the product was the reason its ****ed up and not you then why would you be giving me money back for the install? its supposedly not your fault its the product so you did your work. and he was like uh well ya but you know i still feel bad for you and yada yada. he was like just use the money i gave you back to buy another one. I said first off the amount you gave me back does not cover my destroyed overlay. second if the product was so bad why would you tell me to order another one? Maybe because you ****ed it up and it wasn't the product that has issues. I was going off on him. I have got this guy so much business because when i have cars at my shop and sometimes people want their cars tinted while its down or a windsheild tinted(which is illegal and most places wont do it yet this guy will when he comes to the person) I have got him a lot of money yet he couldnt give me $75 bucks so i could get a new one. I was pissed beyond belief. I finally got fed up and told him to leave and never come to my shop again and he would never hear from me again nor would he ever get a dime of my business ever again. he was like come on man please dont be like that you really help me out yada yada you get me so many customers. I said ya yet you cant help me out. I scratch your back you kick mine. I was like shut the **** up and leave. he wouldnt stop going finally i turned around and walked into my shop and kept running his mouth so i snapped. I was pissed and i had enough and he came into my place of business and kept going. I went after him to throw his *** out. One of my workers just grabbed me and took me back while another guy threw him out. I am still so pissed about this you have no idea. I have helped that ****er out so many times yet he ****s up my stuff and expects me to be oh so happy. and to be honest I would not have been so mad if the potential for it to look so good wasnt there. It looked ****ing amazing from a distance. but once i got near the car it looked like someone **** electrical tape all over my roof.

Last edited by UNV-IT46; 02-11-2008 at 11:49 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:44 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Well $75 ain't that bad, I thought they were a lot more. I'm sure a lot of people will have this problem. Maybe should just let it slide and go ahead and get a new one. This time around you'll know better and it shouldn't be a problem. Hope you can get a new one by next week.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:47 AM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Well $75 ain't that bad, I thought they were a lot more. I'm sure a lot of people will have this problem. Maybe should just let it slide and go ahead and get a new one. This time around you'll know better and it shouldn't be a problem. Hope you can get a new one by next week.
I highly doubt i can get one that soon. Mine shipped out on the 29th and i didnt receive it till yesterday
Old 02-12-2008, 12:59 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Sorry to hear about your horrible install. I would have taken the same actions that you did. Hope you find someone more qualified to install the second one that get. I feel for yeah man...
Old 02-12-2008, 01:01 AM
UNV-IT46

If i get another one i will for sure be doing it myself. I should have done it myself in the first place i just didnt have any free time

Quick Reply: The horror that was my bats roof over lay...