Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Sweet LED accessory for non-smokers!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 12:43 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
just ordered one...almost $20 for a lil flashlight...kinda expensive huh??
Old 12-25-2007, 12:45 PM
08G37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You aren't paying for the flashlight.....you are paying for the pimp-age that comes with it! Duh!
Old 12-26-2007, 01:17 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 08G37S
You aren't paying for the flashlight.....you are paying for the pimp-age that comes with it! Duh!
LOL, true.

Thanks for posting this for me to see/buy, and you suck for posting posting this for me to see/buy.

Last edited by ucla bruin; 12-26-2007 at 01:21 AM.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:22 AM
tampa pb

Mebandwagon
(this is me jumping onto the bandwagon)
Old 12-26-2007, 09:02 AM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is the battery replaceable? I am afraid this will end up like a notebook computer Li-Ion battery. They take about 1,000 charges. Each time you turn it off, it discharges a little. Then, when you turn it on, you use one charge. A couple of years later you haven't used it once, and the battery won't hold a charge.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by dmkozak
Is the battery replaceable? I am afraid this will end up like a notebook computer Li-Ion battery. They take about 1,000 charges. Each time you turn it off, it discharges a little. Then, when you turn it on, you use one charge. A couple of years later you haven't used it once, and the battery won't hold a charge.
We shall soon see, if it was a Li-Ion battery it would be better, however it's a Ni-MH battery... Makes sense for 15 bucks though.

I'd like to think, that since it's a led bulb, that it won't draw much power on the battery, so even if the life of the battery deteriorates, there should be plenty of "light time."

So why did I bother to post all that garbage? I'm guessing that this product is fairly new and no one here has had one long enough to find out how well it works after a year or so, but hopefully I'm wrong.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:21 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by PainProphet
We shall soon see, if it was a Li-Ion battery it would be better, however it's a Ni-MH battery...
if anyone was big into cell phones like i was back in the day when the nokia boom first hit the states (like back in 98) then you would remember that those batteries could come in lithium ion. the predecessors were nickel metal hydride. prob with the NmH batteries are that you must fully discharge them before you set them to charging to get optimal life. they have a memory so to speak. to prolong the life of a NmH battery, charge it, let it drain all the way down, then recharge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_metal_hydride if anyone does not believe me
Old 12-26-2007, 01:27 PM
PainProphet

Originally Posted by tampa pb
if anyone was big into cell phones like i was back in the day when the nokia boom first hit the states (like back in 98) then you would remember that those batteries could come in lithium ion. the predecessors were nickel metal hydride. prob with the NmH batteries are that you must fully discharge them before you set them to charging to get optimal life. they have a memory so to speak. to prolong the life of a NmH battery, charge it, let it drain all the way down, then recharge.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nickel_metal_hydride if anyone does not believe me
Indeed, I agree, did I say the skinny of it incorrectly? I refuse to use my brain today and tomorrow at work unless totally necessary.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:35 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by PainProphet
Indeed, I agree, did I say the skinny of it incorrectly? I refuse to use my brain today and tomorrow at work unless totally necessary.
nah, u were right bro. i just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, and provide some more detail as to WHY you were right. i personally like to have answers, but even better is to know WHY. and i like to put the word WHY in caps.
Old 12-26-2007, 03:25 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WHY?

jk
Old 12-26-2007, 08:26 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
prob with the NmH batteries are that you must fully discharge them before you set them to charging to get optimal life. they have a memory so to speak. to prolong the life of a NmH battery, charge it, let it drain all the way down, then recharge.
Exactly. But, if the battery discharges, say, 5% when the car is off overnight, then you charge it up driving to work, then it discharges, say, 3% while you're at work, then you charge it up driving home, etc., etc., after a pretty short while won't the battery no longer hold a charge? Are you supposed to charge it in the cigarette lighter, then remove when fully charged, then keep checking it and recharge in the cigarette lighter when it is dead? I thought it was neat if you could just leave it in the cigarette lighter until you needed it. If not, well, that is probably a different story.
Old 12-26-2007, 08:32 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by dmkozak
Exactly. But, if the battery discharges, say, 5% when the car is off overnight, then you charge it up driving to work, then it discharges, say, 3% while you're at work, then you charge it up driving home, etc., etc., after a pretty short while won't the battery no longer hold a charge? Are you supposed to charge it in the cigarette lighter, then remove when fully charged, then keep checking it and recharge in the cigarette lighter when it is dead? I thought it was neat if you could just leave it in the cigarette lighter until you needed it. If not, well, that is probably a different story.
well, i ordered mine, i dont have it yet.. but here is my opinion on the item i dont yet have: it's a flashlight! meaning that you wont be using it to take a shower with, cook your food, and as a nightlight all night long. if you actually need to use this, do you feel you will ever need it for more than 20 mins? i'm sure it'll be fine.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:50 PM
peterbanks

well, i ordered mine, i dont have it yet.. but here is my opinion on the item i dont yet have: it's a flashlight! meaning that you wont be using it to take a shower with, cook your food, and as a nightlight all night long. if you actually need to use this, do you feel you will ever need it for more than 20 mins? i'm sure it'll be fine.
+1. It's just a 15 dollar flashlight.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
tampa pb

Originally Posted by peterbanks
+1. It's just a 15 dollar flashlight.
yay! my first +1 !!!!
[Borat] Very nice[/Borat]
Old 12-26-2007, 10:01 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Im talkin to the owner for a group deal... So hold your horses for a day or two if you wanna save a lil money...

Quick Reply: Sweet LED accessory for non-smokers!