Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Clear Bra???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 12:45 PM
merjos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Clear Bra???

Hey everyone,
long time reader, first time poster. I cant wait to get my hands on the g37. im still in the haggling phase with my dealer. im down to 3k off MSRP. anyways, i was wondering if anyone has any pics of the clear bra on their G. i have never seen one of those and im interested in getting them. any pricing info would be kool too. Thanks everyone..
Old 11-25-2007, 12:56 PM
raptorius

while I am also waiting to get my own G37, my parents got the clear bra for their Lexus GS. The car's color is a ruby red metallic and the clear bra they got covers the whole of the front bumper and about 3/4 of the hood as well as the side-mirror backs. The only thing you can see is a thin thin line on the hood where the clear bra stops. When the car is clean and the clear bra is clean, it is very hard to see, but if you let the clear bra get dirty and let dirt build up on the edge its more noticeable. Other than that though, its a great item and I plan on having it on my car from day 1. Also, it cost them about $500. Full front bumper (lower and upper) 3/4 hood, and the side-mirror backs. This was with a third party installer, the dealership wanted $900 and other places I called wanted $700. This guy was just starting his company but he did a great job and used 3M clear bras. Make sure that it has a lifetime (or 5 year i cant remember which) against yellowing, bubbling, cracking etc. (this comes from 3M)

Hope that helps! Im the same as you, long time reader, just started posting recently.
Old 11-25-2007, 01:03 PM
merjos

Thanks for the info raptorius!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:44 AM
gsw

Pricing seems to be determined by where you're located and the experience of the installer. The better installers obviously charges more. Here in Nor Cal, the best is Premier www.premiermobilegroup.com They have pics on their website, but it'll probably be best for you to see the work in person. I believe I paid slightly over 700.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:58 AM
SLaPiNFuNK

IMHO, clear bra's are a waste of money... THey dont look good after some time has passed... for the cost of getting a clear bra, you can get a new bumper painted and installed...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:12 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by SLaPiNFuNK
IMHO, clear bra's are a waste of money... THey dont look good after some time has passed... for the cost of getting a clear bra, you can get a new bumper painted and installed...
Interesting. To each, his own. We all have our preferences.

In my experience (total of 3 cars with Clear Bra), with proper maintenance and care, a clear bra can last upwards of 10 years. The longest I've had was 5 before selling the car and it was good as new at the time of sale.

I clean and polish my Clear Bra with Plexus after each wash. This maintains the shine, reduces any potential yellowing, etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:16 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

In addition, I recently payed $750 for Clear Bra in Atlanta from the premium installer that does all the local Ferrari and Porsche dealer jobs. Although dealer work is his primary focus, he does retail work on the side.

I had the following done:

- Half Hood / Fenders
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors
- Headlights
- Door Cups and Handles
- Strip behind front and rear wheels to protect from debris fling from tires

He did an EXCELLENT job!
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 PM
raptorius

Originally Posted by Blackjack
Interesting. To each, his own. We all have our preferences.

In my experience (total of 3 cars with Clear Bra), with proper maintenance and care, a clear bra can last upwards of 10 years. The longest I've had was 5 before selling the car and it was good as new at the time of sale.

I clean and polish my Clear Bra with Plexus after each wash. This maintains the shine, reduces any potential yellowing, etc.
Yes, our installer gave us a free bottle of Plexus and told us how to care for the clear bra. That stuff id the best for the clear bra.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:48 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by raptorius
Yes, our installer gave us a free bottle of Plexus and told us how to care for the clear bra. That stuff id the best for the clear bra.
Good to hear other installers are recommending and providing this as well.

Who was your installer? Individual or company?
Old 11-26-2007, 12:57 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by SLaPiNFuNK
You know its funny I never thought of that, You totally make sense, but I would rather have it on there, I got a Nice price for $525, they say the front bumper and hood is bigger than average cars so they charge More, but $525 is a decent deal, I can just take the car for a wash and not seen any dents or sratches in the front, but Its really a preference, You could just repaint it for $500-700 but I am still gonna get it
Old 11-26-2007, 01:10 PM
raptorius

My installer was Spalshield here in Walnut, CA (so cal.). Guy's name is Ed, great guy. Something was actually wrong with the material the first time, so he took it all off and re-did it, no hassle. He backs up his work and flat out tells you that if there is something wrong with the material to let him know because he can give it back to 3M if it is something from their end.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:18 PM
shumby

In addition, I recently payed $750 for Clear Bra in Atlanta from the premium installer that does all the local Ferrari and Porsche dealer jobs. Although dealer work is his primary focus, he does retail work on the side.

- Half Hood / Fenders
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors
- Headlights
- Door Cups and Handles

He did an EXCELLENT job!

I got the same it rocks really save the paint.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:55 PM
BLINCKS

- Half Hood / Fenders
- Full Bumper
- Mirrors
- Headlights
- Door Cups and Handles

He did an EXCELLENT job!
You have a contact? I'm in ATL and considering it.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:05 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

I cant believe you guys are Paying $750 for Clear Bras, I paid that Total, for my Tint, Clear Bra, and Headlight Protection yesterday
Old 11-28-2007, 02:13 PM
shiroda

Clear bra on the front bumper is a good idea. It eliminated many minor chips that woould have build up over time on my old G35 coupe. I also had it installed on teh bumper of my new black g37s. In my opinion, I would not do the hood, especially over black. Even if it is installed flawlessly, you still lose depth of the fnish. On a lighter color ot may not be as bad. Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Clear Bra???