Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Has anyone had seat time in both the sedan and coupe?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 09:27 AM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone had seat time in both the sedan and coupe?

I went to the dealer to start hashing out my up coming g37 purchase and saw a gorgeous IP G35 sedan. I didn’t give it much thought until I got home and started researching a bit. I was surprised to learn the 35 and 37 are almost identical in performance, including fuel economy. The extra doors and trunk space make the car more practical for me, but I just love the look of the g37. Ultimately I am not willing to sacrifice much in the way of driving experience. Can anyone that’s had substantial seat time in both versions chime in on this? Obviously I’ll be taking one for a drive on my next visit but looking for feedback before then.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:05 AM
da mayor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
i obviously spend time in the cars since im here at work 70 hours a week. my gf has a g37 and she loves the drive but hates it when we go shopping and there's no trunk space. the drive works fine w/ the sport package on the g37 and the nyc streets-- both are a great choice and comes down to preference of a coupe or a sedan
Old 11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Both are great cars. Now granted my seat time in the Sedan was in the non sport model but here are my thoughts for comparison.

The Sedan feels lighter but had more body roll. The coupe feels more rigid but still feels a little heavier taking a tad bit more steering input to maneuver high speed tight turns. The coupe has a more responsive turn in however. The Sedan felt like you were sitting a little higher over the hood line for slightly better visibility.
If you are thinking of an AT the Sedan's torque converter is calibrated slightly diferent. There is more of a delay in the throttle reponse off the line at full throttle but a more dramatic engagement once engaged. The coupe doesn't have as much of that delay but has a more gradual engagement. They both have high stall torque converters and this is characterictic of cars with these types of TCs. For normal daily driving however you will never notice the difference.

The new sedan drives quite similar to my previous generation coupe. A nice balance of both ride and handling.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:19 AM
bloodhound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my grandfather just got the g35x IP and I just got the g37 IP, lol both great cars, and I drove both. G37 is more "sporty" though as its obvious the g35 is more practical
Old 11-13-2007, 01:22 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow I need to drive
Old 11-13-2007, 01:24 PM
infi07g35x

I love my G35 sedan. Its got enough room. It is fast and since I had my car nobody has ever said anything bad about it. I have my car dropped and it is very smooth. I can not complain.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 AM
gno

it all depends on ya life style.
-do you always move around with cargo? (trunk space is very minimal)
-kids? (carseats?)
-Do you mind having to wait for pass. A get up and out to let in pass. B and C get in? (and by wait i mean dont get in/out till the seat fully moves foward and dont get in(passenger A) till the seat goes back to its normal position.)< --smh ive barked on a few people for that...lol.

the rear seating area is half the size of the front (literally) thats with proper ergonomic seating adjustment (_] _]) not (_/_]) and if your passengers are anywhere within the high 5'ish to 6's in height there head will hit rear glass, which means grease spot on glass

So yeah i guess you can say the 37 is a bit selfish...but who care the car is a beast and everytime i turn it on it returns the favor.

i only been in the 35x a few times. almost bought it but man i love them coupes

All in all there two great cars. Its all on what fit you.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:23 PM
Orbie

It truly comes down to 4 door vs. 2 door, many things are the same, or if they aren't right now they will be in the future. The are both G's afterall. My view of people getting the G coupe (or any 2+2 coupe for that matter) is if you buy the car with the intention of actually using the backseat for humans, you automatically lose your right to complain about rear seat room. C'mon people this isn't rocket science, it's a coupe, the very class of car dismisses almost any kind of utility or practicality. The same goes for people who compare 2+2 coupes by actually using rear seat room as a measuring bar, that just cracks me up I'm not saying you can't try and make use of the rear seat, but complaining about it is akin to complaining about lack of fuel economy on a large SUV.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:17 PM
sawcjack00

Just a quick note on the back seats (not a complaint as I'll never be back there! ).I'm 5'8" on a good day, and my head touches glass in the back seat. Fortunately my kids are short so it won't be a problem if I ever let them ride in the car.