Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

A Few Lighting Mods (Lotsa Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 07:44 PM
peterbanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wicked_limitz
^looks great! did you also order from superbrightleds.com ? cant wait till my bulbs come in.
Thanks! Yes, ordered from Superbrightleds, they really are a great site with good prices and quick shipping.
Old 12-02-2007, 12:20 AM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I replaced both map lights and both door courtesy lights with the 5 LED bulbs. I used two 6 LED bulbs on the license plate and one in the trunk. I have PIAA Xtreme White bulbs for the driving lights but haven't had the chance to replace them yet. Changing them all out takes less than 5 minutes. I'd be glad to do it for you. They aren't much brighter than the stock bulbs but are pure white and not yellowish.
Hey Black Betty,
Did you change your parking light (city lights as Peterbanks called them)??
I definitely would like to change those to bright white to match the headlights. Pls tell me exactly what to order and how many. Oh yeah, and what website. I don't think I wanna bother you for replacing any of the other lights. (especially since I don't know what to buy in the first place hehe)

Help your sistah Black Betty.... ;-)
Old 12-02-2007, 01:18 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_Diva
Hey Black Betty,
Did you change your parking light (city lights as Peterbanks called them)??
I definitely would like to change those to bright white to match the headlights. Pls tell me exactly what to order and how many. Oh yeah, and what website. I don't think I wanna bother you for replacing any of the other lights. (especially since I don't know what to buy in the first place hehe)

Help your sistah Black Betty.... ;-)
I will PM you with details of all the lights I have changed, which ones I used, and where to order them from. I'd be glad to change yours for you, it only takes a few minutes to do them all. I have the parking lights (city lights) but can't change them out because my hands are too big to fit. I'll get the dealer to do it for me when I go to pick upy plates.
Old 12-02-2007, 01:46 AM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will PM you with details of all the lights I have changed, which ones I used, and where to order them from. I'd be glad to change yours for you, it only takes a few minutes to do them all. I have the parking lights (city lights) but can't change them out because my hands are too big to fit. I'll get the dealer to do it for me when I go to pick upy plates.
I just sent you an email.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:41 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
just got my lights from super bright led's.. il post pics tomorrow once i get em in
Old 12-03-2007, 08:42 PM
leeladisky

has anyone yet seen an led with a built-in load ballast for signal lights to avoid the quick flash problems inherrant in mechanical flashers???
Old 12-03-2007, 10:04 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by leeladisky
has anyone yet seen an led with a built-in load ballast for signal lights to avoid the quick flash problems inherrant in mechanical flashers???
You can just fix the QUICK FLASH Problems via a resistor
Old 12-04-2007, 04:10 PM
peterbanks

Vanity Lights Installed

Here you go, these are the 31mm x 5mm Vanity Mini 3 Led SMT Festoons from Autolumination. Perfect Fit.

Stock:

LED:

Old 12-04-2007, 05:54 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by peterbanks
Here you go, these are the 31mm x 5mm Vanity Mini 3 Led SMT Festoons from Autolumination. Perfect Fit.

Stock:

LED:

Got mine in today too. First thing I'm doing when I get home!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
Mista Dobalina

Does anyone notice that the LED's in the map lights do not shut off completely after you have armed the alarm? The only way to shut them off is to have the switch in the "off" position. If you have it set to "door" they remain very dimly lit. Won't this drain the battery?
Old 12-04-2007, 06:56 PM
leeladisky

Does anyone know what type of bulb is in the fog's??? I don't have my manual handy!!! Also, any idea which bulbs would be a good match for the OEM HID's???? Thanks!

Lee
Old 12-04-2007, 07:04 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mista Dobalina
Does anyone notice that the LED's in the map lights do not shut off completely after you have armed the alarm? The only way to shut them off is to have the switch in the "off" position. If you have it set to "door" they remain very dimly lit. Won't this drain the battery?
There is an automatic off for the lights after 30 minutes so the battery doesn't drain. I left the driver side reading light on one night when I first got my car because I couldn't figure out how to turn it off at the time. I came out 30 minutes later after reading about the auto off to save the battery and the light was off. I found out how to turn it off the correct what in the morning.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:36 PM
rrrevin

Please post for all to enjoy :-)
Old 12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
User 111021
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Can you guys post the exact site and Part #'s for those Vanity mirror Lights you ordered, thanks
Old 12-04-2007, 08:57 PM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by Raheel
Can you guys post the exact site and Part #'s for those Vanity mirror Lights you ordered, thanks
Autolunination

They are about halfway down the page. You want the "Vanity Mini 3 Led SMT Festoon" in size 31mm x 5mm

Quick Reply: A Few Lighting Mods (Lotsa Pics)