Old 04-07-2008, 10:53 PM
Motor25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
That didnt answer my question about the brightness
Old 04-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Taktix1

are their any DYI threads on how to remove everything? I see you guys used screwdrivers with tape, cloth on them but has anyone posted pics up on how to do it?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:08 PM
Taktix1

Originally Posted by Motor25
That didnt answer my question about the brightness
If you check at one of delfins posts in that thread it looks like one of the pics he has the reg bulb (on the left) and an led one (right side), its a pretty noticable difference.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Taktix1

hey how do you remove the light cover from the liscense plate lights and also how do you remove the bulb for the door lights. the bulb in the door is wedged in super tight cant get it out!
Old 04-24-2008, 08:30 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
take the cover off with a screw driver with a cloth over it... flat head obviously and the license plate ones you have to push in on a tab and they come right out...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:08 PM
Taktix1

take the cover off with a screw driver with a cloth over it... flat head obviously and the license plate ones you have to push in on a tab and they come right out...
yeah I got that far with the door lights. I used a flat head screw driver with some electrical tape on it to protect the door. I removed the lens cover but my issue was actually getting the bulb out of the housing. It wouldn't budge, any suggestions?
Old 04-25-2008, 01:05 PM
lin

Originally Posted by Taktix1
yeah I got that far with the door lights. I used a flat head screw driver with some electrical tape on it to protect the door. I removed the lens cover but my issue was actually getting the bulb out of the housing. It wouldn't budge, any suggestions?
I got mine out with my fingers.

A few other people mentioned using needle nose pliers and some care.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:44 AM
Taktix1

yeah fingers wont do for mine. I'm gonna try to put some electrical tape on pliers to get some grip. i tried just pliers but cant get a grip at all.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:33 AM
micksoup82

lighting

hey i wanna know if the 2007 and 2008 specs are the same for types of bulbs to use for interior and exterior. Such as the LEDs that was posted on # 12.
Old 04-26-2008, 07:21 PM
G35_Diva

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Taktix1: I just changed all my lights today. (I'm still amazed I didn't crack or break anything hehe) I had to take the tape off the needle nose pliers to get a grip and it still took several pulls to finally pull them out. You never get a good grip at all. I pulled at the lower end of the bulb.

Last edited by G35_Diva; 05-01-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:49 AM
nvrider

Originally Posted by Motor25
Go to this page:

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-b...gi?product=CAR

Look for these bulbs:

WLED 5-LED Wide Angle LED bulb (door panel & license plate lights). Get (4) of these in COOL WHITE color

921-x12 Wedge Base LED bulb (trunk & map lights). Get (3) of these in WHITE color

You'll need these (7) bulbs total if you wanna do the exact same mod I did.

Hope this helps.
cant you use this to reaplce the trunk and map lights?
They are much smaller.

T13-x6 Wedge Base LED bulb
12VDC 6-LED Wedge Base bulb
measure 1 1/8 long by 1/2 inch maximum diameter (194/168 type)
Select LED Color
$ 1.99
Old 04-28-2008, 02:53 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
yea you do need to pull really hard... make sure you disconnect the battery or those bulbs will be getting VERY hot
Old 04-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Taktix1

yea you do need to pull really hard... make sure you disconnect the battery or those bulbs will be getting VERY hot
yeah I made sure to d/c the battery, not trying to burn myself. Got the drivers door bulb out by using pliers with electrical tape on the ends for grip. Been trying for a few days on the passenger door, wont budge but i'll keep trying!
Old 05-01-2008, 07:03 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Taktix1
yeah I made sure to d/c the battery, not trying to burn myself. Got the drivers door bulb out by using pliers with electrical tape on the ends for grip. Been trying for a few days on the passenger door, wont budge but i'll keep trying!
Take the assembly out of the door completly. just unclip the wire. Then get a girl to pull it out for you. I am serious. I was trying to get mine out for like 2 hours. My fat fingers could not grip it. Ten my wife comes home and volia she rocks with here little fingers.
Old 05-02-2008, 01:59 AM
nvrider

I just installed all the lights. I have to say this was the easiest 15min MOD I have ever done.

I did the 12 LED in the Map lights

5 LED in the doors

5 LED at the license plate

6 LED in the trunk, I didnt want to put the 12 LED in the trunk cause someone said the plastic Dome will not close. So I used 6 LED in the trunk and the Dome closed perfect and still bright. Yeah!

And whoever said to disconnect the battery before you start to remove and install the lights, must be a newbie..

The door lights have a housing that you unplug and the lights turn off them self. (plug and play)

the map light can also be turned off once you remove the plastic cover, just push the button to turn off the light, and use a needle nose plier with electric tape and pull it out.

Trunk light is supper easy, pop the dome cover open from right to left, it open like a door. Then pull out the bulb with your fingers, only takes like 1sec to do. If you are scared of alittle heat then use pliers with tape.

License plate is simple too, left side and right side both have a hinge just squeez and pull downwards. then twist the light bulb connector counter clockwise. easy.

The doors I just used my fingers and pulled top and bottom plastic cover towards myslef and it just popped out. Dont need flate head to pop the clear cover off, just push down on the pastic where it latches on and pull up slowly. Do it evenly both ends. (make sure you do it on the large side where the latches are bigger. then it should click up and open)

Quick Reply: A Few Lighting Mods (Lotsa Pics)