Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

G37 Driver Floor Mat Anchor Problem ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2007, 02:56 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
Safety issue? What does it do? Stop the engine from coming into the cabin during a frontal crash? lol I'm telling ya, these dealer people are something...
?

Its a safety issue if your floor mat bunches up behind the brake peddle so it cannot be depressed.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:23 PM
dmkozak

Originally Posted by 07BlackG35Stud
Safety issue? What does it do? Stop the engine from coming into the cabin during a frontal crash? lol I'm telling ya, these dealer people are something...
Following Gyoza's comment, as someone posted earlier, Toyota is recalling Camry's and Lexus ES because of driver floor mat problems. Already, the mat has bunched up on top of the accelerator pedal. One person crashed into an embankment at over 100 mph, and another flipped off an interstate at a high rate of speed. All because they could not slow down or stop the car.

The problem seems to be more important than BlackG35Stud thinks because with the start button rather than a key, you can not shut off the engine by depressing the start button while the car is in gear and in motion.

I wonder if the relatives of the woman who died in the rollover think this is as funny as BlackG35Stud thinks it is?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:38 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I hear ya that's tragic... well if anyone ge's into a situation like that, just rememeber to slap it into neutral and hit the brakes.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:44 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think we misunderstood 07BlackG35Stud. I think he though the dealer was saying the pin is like due to safty issues. (not sure how he thinks that but that is how i read it.) and that the dealer was saying they would not change it because it was a safty issue. I am sure no one here would make light of someone loosing their life.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:09 PM
07BlackG35Stud

Originally Posted by dmkozak
Following Gyoza's comment, as someone posted earlier, Toyota is recalling Camry's and Lexus ES because of driver floor mat problems. Already, the mat has bunched up on top of the accelerator pedal. One person crashed into an embankment at over 100 mph, and another flipped off an interstate at a high rate of speed. All because they could not slow down or stop the car.

The problem seems to be more important than BlackG35Stud thinks because with the start button rather than a key, you can not shut off the engine by depressing the start button while the car is in gear and in motion.

I wonder if the relatives of the woman who died in the rollover think this is as funny as BlackG35Stud thinks it is?
Actually, I do not think that someone losing his/her life is funny, however I do think that your not being able to properly read is! The way the original poster specified what the dealer had said made it seem as if they were justifying the pin not functioning properly with "it is a safety feature." Again, it was a humorous thing, but not making fun of any life-threatening problems that the issue may present.

You will see that someone a couple of posts below yours was able to read and make some sense out of what I was getting across.

Last edited by 07BlackG35Stud; 10-30-2007 at 04:11 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:27 PM
dmkozak

The poster wrote the dealership said the mat slipping off the post may be a safety issue. BlackG35Stud called the dealership to task because the dealership called it a safety issue. Well, according to the Dept of Transportation, it IS a safety issue. All I did was point out the decision by the DoT and the reasoning behind the decision.

We may want to re-read the post where the poster said the dealership was concerned because the dealership thought the mat coming off the post was a safety issue. If I misread BlackG35Stud's post by thinking he was coming down on the dealership for believing a slipping mat was a safety issue, then I apologize.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:31 PM
Catashep

OK. I can clarify. What I meant was that the dealership had not heard of the problem before I showed them and they believed the mat coming off the peg IS a safety issue because the mat interfers with gas and brake pedals. As someone pointed out, it appears the anchor is actually too long for the mat anyhow...makes you wonder if they just slapped something in that was available. Also, the anchor can twist very easily which may contribute to mat coming off more often. The paperclip idea is a good but shouldn't be required.

Thanks for the info everyone. I will contact Infiniti about the problem and will update thread with their response.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:38 PM
06mtg35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i don't have this problem. could it be that i have protective plastic mats intop of them? hope this helps i had my car for the first month and no issues.
Old 10-31-2007, 08:23 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have not had this problem yet at all...
Old 11-09-2007, 10:19 PM
Catashep

I spoke to Infiniti Canada who told me to tell my dealership. I did that and that and they told me they did a search for any other complaints in Canada and US and did not find any. They said they would enter it into the database and that I should tell others to call their dealership if they are having the same problem. I am going to have mine replaced but it wil be with the same peg used originally I am sure. I can't believe so many people resonded to this thread with the same issue but no one else has made a formal complaint to their dealership! Just call them so we can get this replaced. Am I being to picky about it? I just don't think I should have to pull a McGyver and improvise a solution like others have suggested. The part looks like it belongs on the '76 Ford Granada I used to own (and then burned).

Last edited by Catashep; 11-09-2007 at 10:25 PM.