Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

***What front bumper is this?!?!***

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 11:38 PM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but it is the reason why I hate the design of the g37. also whatever you find humerous doesn't change the fact that the bumper looks like the odyssey to me, it's all in associations to me. just like I wouldn't eat a sausage that's called a crap stick, i wouldn't drive a car look like an odyssey.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:08 AM
mal_TX

Originally Posted by IvoryGT
but it is the reason why I hate the design of the g37. also whatever you find humerous doesn't change the fact that the bumper looks like the odyssey to me, it's all in associations to me. just like I wouldn't eat a sausage that's called a crap stick, i wouldn't drive a car look like an odyssey.
It doesn't look anything like the Odyssey apart from having 3 openings. From that point of view, it looks like an M3 and a little like a Porsche GT3 but I bet you don't spend too much time on their forums telling them their cars look like Odysseys.

Also, there's nothing wrong with an Odyssey -- they are great vehicles for what they are made for, class leaders just like the G.

Lastly, do some research and you will find that the front bumper on the concept was the only thing that Infiniti openly criticized themselves for. That is to say, they were not happy with their own work regarding the front bumper. The design chief said it is not their language, their "design language" is more rounded than edgy.

If you don't like it and don't plan to get one, what are you doing here?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:25 AM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

lol....im here because I offer services for g37 headlights...don't defend it just because you have one. Im offered my opinion because I'd gotten one if they didn't make the car so round. the g35 wasn't this round.

also are you asking me to leave because you don't like what I said? grow up. the car has many great attributes but this is one of their pit falls in my honest opinion and I don't expect you to like it, especially since you probably own one, you'd never think it's ugly.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:31 AM
mal_TX

lol....im here because I offer services for g37 headlights...don't defend it just because you have one. Im offered my opinion because I'd gotten one if they didn't make the car so round. the g35 wasn't this round.

also are you asking me to leave because you don't like what I said? grow up. the car has many great attributes but this is one of their pit falls in my honest opinion and I don't expect you to like it, especially since you probably own one, you'd never think it's ugly.
No, I am not asking you to leave, I'm asking you to stop being a jerk to people who disagree with you.

Infiniti wants the car to be round, they openly did it on purpose. That means they don't care if YOU don't buy one. I don't care either, so I'm tired of hearing how you like your car better. It's not like they are going to say "Oh crap, look how rounded it turned out! How did this happen? We need to change it ASAP" and make a car for you to buy.

I had two G35 coupes before the G37. They were both black, both loaded, and I loved them. I like the G37 better in every way except the rear quarter view. The G37 rear quarter is not ugly, it is just, in my opinion, not as nice as my old coupe. I don't feel the need to post about it "Man I would love my car if it weren't for that ruined rear quarter view." What I don't get is why so many people feel the need to express their dislike for the G37 in a G37 enthusiast forum.

So far the average joe opinion on my new coupe is that it is much nicer and more attractive than the car it replaced. Only on forums where there are a lot of people who own the older car, do I see a lot of negativity towards the newer car. At first I considered it a moderate upgrade pre-empting the inevitable depreciation free-fall that the first generation cars are going to be hit with soon. Now that I've lived with the car for a month, driving it and using it's features every day, I feel it is twice the car my old car was. It takes time to appreciate all the little improvements.

What do you think about the new GTR?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:44 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
But I don't think you get it- we don't care whether or not you like it- that's my point and everyone's point. Your post being humorous to me wasn't intended to change your opinion which you obviously feel is important and wish to get other's buy in on otherwise you wouldn't care if we found your post humerous. So you don't like the bumper- buy a different car or keep your old one. It really is that simple, as opposed to bashing the car on an enthusiast board.

And you told Mal Tx to "grow up" c'mon man you are providing a service to folks on this forum and you insult them and their car on their forums classic !

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 10-16-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Juan-g35

personally, i like the non sport bumper because the opening aren't so round. I think it's more aggresive than the sport. but the sport model trim is a much better trim than the non sport so in the end i'll have to suck up the ugly sport bumper to have the trim i want.....at least until i put a kit on it.
Old 10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

i still don't get how it's an insult to express my opinions? what do you guys subscribe to the old saying of "if you have nothing positive to say, don't say anything" please. some guy calls it a wack bumper and you think it's okay, I don't think it's wack and I like it better is all Im saying.

plus just because I offer headlight mods to different cars doesn't mean I have to drive one, also none of the comments were intended to be an insult, you guys take yourselves too seriously.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just feel the none sport bumper is boring and looks too much like the G35. A new model should not look just like the old one.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:35 PM
IvoryGT
Former Sponsor

you're right. but it almost feels like they intended to carry over the look but halfway across the car from the back to the front, they changed their mind.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:42 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you're right. but it almost feels like they intended to carry over the look but halfway across the car from the back to the front, they changed their mind.
i can see that
Old 10-19-2007, 06:07 PM
ABQG35c

The G35 isn't the G37... now is it?

I think it's fine just the way it is, and like a statement I made previously on another thread, slap a FMIC on that big opening on the front, and it'll blow away the G35 and G37 non-sport bumper's... IMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 02:36 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just noticed my G37 has 2 doors - crap it looks like a Miata now!
Old 10-31-2007, 02:49 PM
Carolina_g37

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I just noticed my G37 has 2 doors - crap it looks like a Miata now!
lol

miata's are fun to drive! =P