Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 04:26 PM
ghideon
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clear Bra and tint

http://www.ghideon.com/g37-2/

Warning, some of the pics are large and my car is dirty

If there's a specific area you want to see in more detail, LMK and I'll get you some pics.

I just had a clear bra and tint job done yesterday by these guys, who are local to me:

http://www.premiermobilegroup.com/

The tint
This was a ceramic tint on the sides and the back, 51% VLT (Madico MAC5000), which according to the heat meter and the specs cuts IR almost in half. In one of those pics above I tried to get the camera to focus on the edge of the glass to show the quality of the install. To me it looks factory. I was more concerned about keeping the interior cool, than making the exterior look cool, so I went with a ceramic tint. I also wanted to stay 'mostly' legal. I was afraid that the reflectivity and the color would bug me, but it doesn't. You'd have to look twice to see if the car was really tinted. This will make the interior more bearable during the summer.

Clear bra
This was a precut kit (two piece kit for the sport bumper) and a full hood. They did an excellent job on the kit, and an even better one on the hood (but the hood wasn't pre-cut). On the kit the only edge that noticeably shows is where it ends right past the headlights. The other edges you really have to get close to see them. The hood is unbelievable, and the only place where it shows are the two corners closest to the dash. Premier told me this was due to the way the hood opens up, so they had to cut it short there. Great attention to detail. The headlights and mirrors are covered as well.

The install for both the tint and the clear bra was better than I expected it to be. I was going into this more concerned about protecting the car than making it look good. I'm thanking my lucky stars I didn't get the bra installed by the dealer, as I would have been taking my chances with the quality of the work.

My only real regret is not taking pictures yesterday, before the car got some dust and pollen on it. I got off work at 8am (having started at 8pm the previous night), dropped it off at 10am, and picked it up at 4pm. I pretty much passed out after that. I was planning to wash it today, but I need to wait a week before doing that.

I suppose I also somewhat regret not getting a full custom clear bra done, but that would have been too expensive for me. They had a Bugatti (Veyron?) parked outside the shop who's owner was getting the entire car covered in PPF.

If you're in the Bay Area, and want to see what an install should look like, shoot me a PM. For clear bra and tint jobs, make sure your installer knows what they are doing.
Old 10-01-2007, 12:06 PM
Degenerazn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have an appointment w/ them on Wednesday to get the clear bra installed and possibly a tint job as well. Just curious, how much did you pay for the entire thing?