Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Solar Gard Window Film

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 03:45 PM
acostagliolia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Solar Gard Window Film

I bought a Blk/Blk G37 3 weeks ago and am interested in having the windows tinted. My installer recommended that I go with a ceramic-based tint to minimize GPS and satellite radio interference. The only option that he has for ceramic based tinting is Solar Gard Window Film. Does anyone on here have any experience with Solar Gard? I was hoping to get Llumar, but unfortunately that isn't an option. He only carries Llumar metallic based tints, and there isn't anyone within a 100 mile radius that I can find with Llumar ceramic. Also, thinking about tinting my blk/blk with the back-half with 20% and the front-half with 35%. any thoughts or comments would be very appreciated. i love this forum.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 PM
dmkozak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by acostagliolia
I bought a Blk/Blk G37 3 weeks ago and am interested in having the windows tinted. My installer recommended that I go with a ceramic-based tint to minimize GPS and satellite radio interference. The only option that he has for ceramic based tinting is Solar Gard Window Film. Does anyone on here have any experience with Solar Gard? I was hoping to get Llumar, but unfortunately that isn't an option. He only carries Llumar metallic based tints, and there isn't anyone within a 100 mile radius that I can find with Llumar ceramic. Also, thinking about tinting my blk/blk with the back-half with 20% and the front-half with 35%. any thoughts or comments would be very appreciated. i love this forum.
I have SolarGard on my current car. It is metallic, not ceramic. It is very good. However, when we tinted my wife's car, my tint guy, who said she needed ceramic because of the rear window antenna, said 3M is second only to HuperOptik. He is both a SolarGard and 3M authorized dealer and installer. So, it's not like he sold out to 3M. He still likes SolarGard, but prefers their metallic tint.

The 3M is really great, especially at keeping heat out of the interior. When my 37 arrives I intend to have 3M put on right away.