Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Low Outside Temp Warning - Bad Ambient Reading - AC Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2024, 03:51 PM
EdgarG24
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Low Outside Temp Warning - Bad Ambient Reading - AC Issues

Hello Forums,

I previously created a thread regarding my AC Issues, I came to the conclusion that my ambient sensor is disrupting the AC Compressors ability to function properly due to its faulty outside temp readings (-22 F), (Low Temp Warning).

Infiniti apparently has a low temp protection control within these cars that stop the AC Compressor from working in Low Temps.

Ive read numerous forums that made me come to this conclusion.

Low Outside Temp Waring in Southern California during the summer - well over 100 F.

I ran the Climate Control Diagnostics and all motors, cabin temp, and air intake temp seem to be working besides the ambient temp.

I previously purchased a new ambient temp sensor despite it being a different model it plugged right in, however it did not fix the problem and temp reading, my next focus is the connector and test for proper voltage and ground.

Or see a dealer.

If anyone has dealt with the same issue any advise helps,

Thanks
Old 07-22-2024, 06:40 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by EdgarG24
... I previously purchased a new ambient temp sensor despite it being a different model it plugged right in, however it did not fix the problem and temp reading,...
Maybe not correct despite the plug fitting. Is this the right one?
https://www.discountinfinitiparts.co...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
Not a huge investment so might be worth a try.
Old 07-22-2024, 07:22 PM
EdgarG24
Registered Member

I actually probed the sensor for Resistance and it all seems up to spec (resistance decreasing as it gets hotter) it also had identical numbers as the new connector I bought so it makes me believe the issue might lie deeper than just the connector.

I'll consider the sensor you mentioned, just to make sure.
Old 07-22-2024, 10:16 PM
beefychicken
Premier Member

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Here is the temp to resistance table.

If the sensor resisitance seems ok, you might have a bad connection or broken wire making the system think there is a very high resistance situation thus an apparent extreme low temp condition.

Could also be the AC amp since the temp signal gets proceesed there. The AC amp seems to have some issues with cracked resistor solder joints messing up the fuel level indicator. Maybe there is a cracked or loose solder joint for the temp circuit. Might be worth the time to pull it and open it up to check the board for cracked solder joints.
Old 07-22-2024, 10:44 PM
EdgarG24
Registered Member

The original sensor measured about 2 Ohms in room temp with (AC on 74F), I also probed the sensor with applied blow drier (heat) and Ohms was indeed dropping.

There aren't any obvious signs of damage however, my next step is check for voltage (terminal 1 and Ground) which should read about 5V.

The mechanic I went did diagnose a bad AMP, so I won't be surprised if it ended being the AMP.

I have taken the amp out but I have no type of experience nor knowledge with circuit boards, it there some type of diagram that might locate the solder joint for the temp circuit, or is it something that has to be visually inspected?

My original amp part number is - 27760 1NM6D
I emailed Infiniti parts, and they matched the correct part number via VIN - 27760 1NN2A

Current Amp in Car -
Old 07-22-2024, 11:01 PM
beefychicken
Premier Member

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
For the amp circuit card, i know very little about it, but i would just scan all the solder joints with a magnifying glass and look for cracked joints. If i found one, i would resolder it and give it try. Or just get a matching amp from Ebay and try that.
Old 07-22-2024, 11:55 PM
EdgarG24
Registered Member

Yeah if there is sufficient voltage within the connector then I am following through with AC amp troubleshooting from FSM it should not take too much to find if I need a new Amp or not.

Here are the relevant connector harness terminal diagrams and troubleshooting steps if anyone else needs it, took me a significant amount of digging through the FSM.

Spoiler Alert: if E76 connector shows sufficient voltage (signal/ terminal 1) and Non existed continuity between (signal/ terminal 1) and ground then 9/10 its going to be a bad AC amp and avoid this whole process.

M67 Connector that connects towards AC Amp, while there are two connections I will try to find a way to validate which one is which, since they are different sizes.

Ambient sensor connector, ground (terminal 2) and signal (terminal 1).

Troubleshooting for ground continuity, E76 Terminal 2 (ground) - M67 terminal 61 Ambient Sensor Ground.

Troubleshooting whether or not AC amp needs to be replaced or harness/connector is the issue. "Normal Inspection" I would assume is referring to the charts listed above.

Hopes this helps someone down the road with this headache of a problem...

Last edited by EdgarG24; 07-23-2024 at 12:20 AM.
Old 08-15-2024, 07:42 PM
EdgarG24
Registered Member

Update: AC Fixed

I first want to thank ILM-NC G37S for pretty much guiding me and providing the vital details to fix the situation.

Long story short: I was experiencing electrical issues within my AC system that caused the AC to not function at all, the ambient sensor was also reading icy cold which was ultimately the issue, Nissan has safety mechanisms within the ac system which cause the AC compressor to not operate when ambient temps are freezing. Well I live in Southern California and we don't freeze.. Basically there was an open circuit within the ambient sensor that caused a malfunctioning reading. I fixed this issue by "jumping" the sensor straight into the AMP connector, and basically moved my ambient sensor in my dash... While it wasn't the neatest solution, it had to be done.

moral of the story: Don't over complicate it!

Feel free to DM if you are experiencing the same issue.