Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2007 G35s Sedan (g37 body) with aftermarket Headunit

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2022, 09:10 PM
R7silver
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2007 G35s Sedan (g37 body) with aftermarket Headunit

Apple Car play

Bluetooth

Climate Control display temporarily in glove box, glove box is open to show its location.. still closes

installing

the double din “kit” i found from one seller only
So i got sick of having to use an aftermarket bluetooth adapter and the limited functionality of the existing stereo. i decided I’m going to upgrade my stereo/Headunit….yea lol…after hours of research i come to realize there are almost no options besides a cheap tesla wanna be screen that looks sick but costs like 800+ and from. what i read isn’t even really a quality tablet, i would’ve gone that route if the tablet was fast and reliable but no many negative reviews… other than that there was another Chinese stereo teyes that replaces the upper climate control screen and middle a/c vents. which is around 300$+ depending on memory and android version but again it’s Chinese and not the best quality tablet, the Metra dash kit …was another option that lets you mount a double din in place of the current stereo and climate control… but its 300$ for the kit and you still have to buy the head unit… plus is looks cheap as hell, you’re literally making the car look basic with that kit plus it has bad reviews.. finally the other option was v-line to let you add car play while using all factory components.. which is nice but around 700$ just to add car play didn't make sense to me because you can get a good brand double din unit for 200$ that comes with car play, reverse cam input etc.. i wanted the best bang for my buck and searched for a double din dash kit.found the bracket besides the metra.. nothing exists besides the one usually comes with the 9inch Chinese stereo (Teyes cc3 is one example).. finally i was able to find just the dash kit without the 9inch table from 1 seller on ebay.i ordered that for 90, ordered a semi used Sony Xav-ax1000 head unit with bluetooth, rear view camera input , Apple car play for 200$… i also bought the Nissan/infiniti aftermarket stereo adapter….

INSTALLATION: There are 0 tutorials i could find for my exact car…so i removed the audio unit etc and connected the new stereo to the car.. turned on car stereo turned on.. cool but no sound…the quick connect adapter did pretty much nothing also i come to find out i have the Bose system… so i looked up diagrams couldn’t find any for 2007 g35s sedan with bose.. i found out the speaker wires are on the amp connectors.. so i run wires from amp speaker wires to the head unit turn it on and i have sound from rear and super faint from front.. i decided to unplug amp, now front speakers work and no sound from rear…Ugh….so i decided to run wires from rear speakers to head unit..front tweeters are connected to front speaker wires from amp. now all speakers work, connect rear cam that comes with rca and power wire connected to reverse lights. so as soon as you go into reverse it automatically switches to reverse.. so im like cool everything is working… i put it together and im driving and realize my climate control gives me no response when pushing any of the buttons…noooo! so i find out that the display for the climate control needs to be connected for all buttons to work.. i temporarily ran the wires to the glove box and have the screen in there for now lol and will most likely extend the wires relocate it some where better… Things to note the stock bose amp sucks… wiring the speakers directly to sounded so much better than with the amp. I removed the bose amp, and added in my own amp and sub.
Total spent was around 320$ with stereo, dash “kit” and extra wiring. you can always get a boss double din stereo with apple play for around 150$ making this install closer to 260-270