Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Nav screen settings keep reverting

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2021, 09:38 PM
Flayvors
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Nav screen settings keep reverting

With daylight savings time just happening, I had to adjust the DST setting under the clock settings in my car. However, as soon as I start the car back up, it acts like I never did it and the clock will be off by an hour again. It's set to my time zone and everything, it just keeps reverting the last setting I made. Additionally, I've noticed it doing it with other settings as well. For example, I got the car used and whenever I clear the previous "saved locations" from my maps, they all come back upon restarting the car. Anyone know of a way to fix this? I'll probably have to just unplug the battery but if there's other ways I'd like to know
Old 11-08-2021, 10:44 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
There have been several reports over the years of several Nissan headunits- across all models- not saving settings. Unfortunately, there is no real fix short of replacing the headunit. Some owners have had luck getting the software updated from the dealer but that can be hit or miss. Disconnecting the battery will have zero effect on this issue.

Here is what I would try:
1) Engine ON, Car in PARK, and parking brake SET;
2) Make adjustments (clock, saved locations, etc.); (be sure to press BACK to exit the menus)
3) Drive around the block (optional, but...); and
4) When you shut the car off, don't touch anything for approx. 30 seconds to 1 minute (don't open door/play with buttons/just sit there!!!). If you listen closely you should be able to hear a series of clicks- this is normal as the different modules "power down."

#4 is important as this allows the hard drive ample time to finish writing the configuration /settings files.

See what happens next...

Whatever you do, DO NOT SELECT ANY RESET OPTION within the different menus!

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 11-08-2021 at 06:36 PM.