Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help G37 Electrical issues after being parked for over 6 months

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 02:59 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
G37 Electrical issues after being parked for over 6 months

Team,

So I left my G parked for over 6 months and now I'm having the following issues. If anyone has any idea 💡 or know a solution to fix it, please do share

Issues:

1: Service engine light on - Codes : P0031 - P0051 - P0106

2: Radio or Bluetooth not working- sometimes it does but mostly inoperable. All the rest of the functions are working including GPS

3: Sunroof and all the windows won't roll down from any of the buttons inside the car.

4: Car will not lock but can unlock from remote . To lock i have to manually lock each door by hand

5: Driver seat won't roll front or back

6: New Battery will drain in 2 days if I don't start the car and charge it

7: Amber 🔑 key light comes on in the dash and it won't start but will go away after a while after messing around or leaving the car for few minutes.

What I've done so far:

I replaced the battery because it was completely dead. Tried to reset the service engine soon light but it comes back

Checked all the fuses in the car - both fuse boxes by the battery and the one inside the car.

Also checked the battery terminal fuse. Everything is good

unplugged the new battery for an hour and plugged it back and the windows started working but goes back to same problem in few minutes

Plan:

I saw some water leak by the brake pedal. I will check to see the sunroof drain and will fix that issue on both sides if needed.

Battery terminals are rusted so will try and replace both

Will also inspect the battery terminal fuses more clearly once its off

Will try to reset the ECM

if the issue still there, ill try to check if the BCM is affected (not sure how ill check this) but might need to replace and get it reprogrammed.

Please help me if you know how to fix these issues don't really want to take it to the dealership. Most of the time they don't know themselves but will charge u an arm and a leg to diagnose without any solution

Old 06-07-2021, 03:30 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 727 Likes on 565 Posts
Water on the floor + 6 months of this = get ready for a possible BCM.
New BCM will need to be reprogrammed to your car = dealer
Possible that the BCM will resolve most of these issues but also possible that you'll still be left with some engine codes.

Try what you stated and go from there. You may get lucky buy removing and manually drying the BCM.
Old 06-08-2021, 02:44 PM
2011-G
Registered Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
So I cleaned all the terminals. Replaced the negative terminal with a new one because it was a bit loose.

Replaced the battery fuse/ fuse link relay with no luck

All the issues are still present. Drying up my BCM as of right now. There is no major sign of water damage around the BCM but i cleaned the bolt holding all the ground wires.. it had a little corrosion but still no luck

Will fix the drain issue tomorrow and let the BCM dry out till then.

If anyone has any ideas that can help please let me know

Thank you

Old 06-08-2021, 07:26 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,280 Likes on 1,035 Posts
You mentioned that you found water under the brake pedal- as such, I would also suggest you check the fuse block in the left footwell panel for any signs of water- if you haven't already. Keep in mind there are relays behind that fuse block (ignition/acc/blower/rear defog) that could have gotten wet.

However, as Bull mentioned, I think most of your issues will be tied to the BCM and ECM.