Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Need relay trigger advice and location(s) please

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2021, 04:16 AM
Demografx
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need relay trigger advice and location(s) please

Hey guys.
I have finished doing LED lighting, getting wires run all over the place and am about ready to have it all back together. I am in some real need of a 2 wire locations and hopefully more specific than the 12 volt site has listed...

1- I am triggering a relay to pull remote turn on amplifier 12 volt from the battery itself. More reliability for the future if I multi-amp or if I decide to add specialized lighting into my build. Does anyone have an actual trace-down of any head unit remote lead that can tell me what color it is somewhere under the dash maybe? Or in a kickpanel? Hoping to not have to run an extra wire back into the trunk and catch it at an amp. I am considering fabrication under sears to house amps to save otherwise not used space.

Also is a #2

Looking for advice as well as location. I would LIKE to have my LED lighting triggertriggethw positive side of the parking lights. Not the daytime running lights, the ones that flash with the key lock/unlock and the most basic lighting that turns on when you turn on just the parking (sidemarker?) lights

I'm not one to have to switch things on and off and see no use having the LED running when it's too bright out to see them. The 12volt site says there is access to the parking light in the passenger kick, but says it is a red wire and there are a BUNCH of reds there ofc. Does anyone have experience similar and found the route that works or a different route that I'm not thinking of. I MAY just connect the trigger here to the remote wire but I think it would be cool of these LED flashed with the arm/disarm etx
Old 04-13-2021, 08:42 AM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
For relay triggering it will determine where you mount the AMP. Pay attention to what other components and modules are in that location and tap into the ignition wire of those module this way once they turn on they will send the signal to the amp.

As for your LEDs you'll have to be a bit more specific to what LED you want functioning and the specific function you want it to perform.
Old 04-13-2021, 09:16 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Here is a link to the factory shop manuals for these cars. Just scroll to your year and chassis and download the sections you need. For this project you'll need sections:
AV- Audio Visual;
BCS- Body Control System; and
EXL- Exterior Lighting.

Depending on your year you may need sections PCS (Power Control) and PG (Power/Ground). I would suggest you download the while thing- it is worth its weight in gold sometimes.

These will show every wire, color, and connector that you will need to identify to complete your project.