Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help Where to mount fuse holder and how to open rings around main harness

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2020, 03:14 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Received 105 Likes on 75 Posts
Where to mount fuse holder and how to open rings around main harness

Title says it all.

1) I ran the power wire for my amp but I’m unsure where to mount the fuse holder. I currently have it sitting on top of the battery which doesn’t seem ideal. Any suggestions?

2) The cars main harness runs down the side of the car under the kick panels and there is these white rings it runs through down the length of the car. I know these pop open b/ I did once on accident but I can’t figure it out how to open them now. I need to open them to get my RCAs in there. The wires will fit but the connectors are too big to snake through. Anyone know?

Old 10-13-2020, 03:07 PM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Dang, legit nobody can chime in?
Old 10-13-2020, 03:33 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
Flying blind here as I am not sure which clips you are referring to, but if I recall you should be able to slide a thin blade flat screwdriver (like a large jewellers screwdriver) into the side that has the locking tab and with a twist it should pop right open.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:21 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
And just a comment about the fuse. As close to the battery as possible is the safest plan. You don't want an un-fused wire connected directly to the + terminal to have any chance of shorting - even inches away - because that could easily light your car on fire.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 13_SkylineSedan
And just a comment about the fuse. As close to the battery as possible is the safest plan. You don't want an un-fused wire connected directly to the + terminal to have any chance of shorting - even inches away - because that could easily light your car on fire.
I get that but where did you mount it? There isn’t any good spots I see. Like I said, I currently have it resting on top of the battery which is obviously not ideal. If I dab some super glue on it and stick it to my yellow top would that be okay? That’s my top idea right idea.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:06 AM
sobeIPL
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Flying blind here as I am not sure which clips you are referring to, but if I recall you should be able to slide a thin blade flat screwdriver (like a large jewellers screwdriver) into the side that has the locking tab and with a twist it should pop right open.
I’ll snap a pic later. Tried again to fuss with it and still can’t figure it out. Tried wedging/pushing/prying in every direction.
Old 10-14-2020, 11:21 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
I have a fused battery tender ring terminal lead which I use when the car has to sit for a while. I have it tied to the battery mounting bracket with a velcro cable tie. Simple, removable, non-rattling...
Old 10-14-2020, 03:57 PM
BULL
Moderador

Received 736 Likes on 573 Posts
If you remove the whole cover for the battery you'll find plenty of places to stick it to. Double sided or glue to anywhere in the body will be fine. Glueing it to the battery will suck once you have to replace the batt.

As for the harness, once you pull the rubber grommet, there will be some locking tabs a that hold the ring to the lip of the body and some to split that plastic donut in half.

I always end up splitting them to remove them easier since it can be a PITA to remove.

Hope this helps.