Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Is the BCM bad - windows and lock issue.

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 12:56 PM
dexterd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the BCM bad - windows and lock issue.

Hello and thank you for your expert response in advance.

I have a 2011 G37 that I recently bought . it is in mint condition. It runs and drives excellent, but there was one thing that I had to resolve. It appeared that there was/still is an issue issue with the electronic steering lock module that prevented to car from starting, and or even going to the ON position. Well I fiddle around , and somehow it started by luck, and I took the advise of someone here, that once started I should pull the 10amp fuse for the steering lock to permanently disable it while running. It has been working well, but I have to put the fob in the slot at all times.

Now, the second problem I have is that only the driver window rolls down and up from the master switch. all other window door switches do not work. the remote fob will lock and unlock all doors. if I keep the remote in my pocket and press the black button on the door handle, it will not open or lock the car, and I also cannot use the push button this way. I believe because I disabled the eletronic steering lock I have now lost this function. can someone confirm this ?

I have to put the fob in the slot to use the push button for starting, and to get to the ON position.

I pulled plugs at the BCM area by the passenger kick panel because I wanted to reseat them, and I noticed that this green plug has what appears to be a burn mark and inside the bcm(green) it corresponds same. Can someone confirm what this number this pin is and what is it's function? this is beyond my level of technical expertise, but I have a hunch this could be my problem. please advise.