Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

playing audio through samsung

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2020, 05:57 PM
lostinspace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
playing audio through samsung

I have a 2013 with no navigation. My samsung is connected to make calls through bluetooth but it won't play music. Wondering if there is a way to either (1) play music through the USB connection or (2) play music through bluetooth. When I push the "aux" button on the dash display I only see 6 sirius xm stations listed so I'm not sure how connecting through the aux would work.
Old 01-27-2020, 03:51 PM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
No BlueTooth audio streaming without nav (that was mean of them) but you should be able to play audio through the USB jack under the arm rest. Plug your phone in there, start it playing music, then try cycling through the "source" button on the steering wheel. It may say "iPod" because that's how old and out of date our InfoTainment systems are, but that should work.
Old 01-28-2020, 08:21 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
You have to set phone to connect both phone and music under settings connections
Old 01-28-2020, 09:57 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by 13_SkylineSedan
No BlueTooth audio streaming without nav (that was mean of them) but you should be able to play audio through the USB jack under the arm rest. Plug your phone in there, start it playing music, then try cycling through the "source" button on the steering wheel. It may say "iPod" because that's how old and out of date our InfoTainment systems are, but that should work.
Originally Posted by Surfnazi
You have to set phone to connect both phone and music under settings connections
OP, neither of these will work. Without nav your android phone has no way of playing music on a stock car. What I and a few other members have can be found here: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ipped-car.html Once in a while I can't connect without restarting the car, but it was 100% worth what I paid for it. There are other options if you do some looking but it worked for me. Don't waste your time or money with the $20 options that say they'll work.
The following users liked this post:
Semper Fi (01-29-2020)
Old 02-02-2020, 10:16 AM
lostinspace

Originally Posted by 13_SkylineSedan
Thanks. I've tried both kinds of USB to Type C connections (2.0 and 3.1) and neither work. Do you think a USB to audio jack connection might work?
Old 02-03-2020, 08:36 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Originally Posted by lostinspace
Thanks. I've tried both kinds of USB to Type C connections (2.0 and 3.1) and neither work. Do you think a USB to audio jack connection might work?
have you tried removing and readding the phone to connect as both phone and music source? Latest android at least the android 10 let's your phone have dual audio output to 2 sources so you need to make sure your phone is set to connect to your car as both sources
Old 02-03-2020, 09:37 PM
lostinspace

Originally Posted by Surfnazi
have you tried removing and readding the phone to connect as both phone and music source? Latest android at least the android 10 let's your phone have dual audio output to 2 sources so you need to make sure your phone is set to connect to your car as both sources
Under my bluetooth advanced settings there is a "dual audio" setting but because I don't have navigation the bluetooth connection isn't possible. I've messed around with other settings and tried the USB connection again but no dice. I'm stuck except to try a USB to audio jack device.
Old 02-06-2020, 06:12 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

You could get a usb bluetooth adapter and connect through that. This is why I kept my old iPhone's to use as ipod
Old 02-08-2020, 09:42 AM
Blackmatic
Registered Member

I just bought a 2013 G37 non-navigation which I'm faced with the same dilemma. Many satellite radio replacement devices such as the Grom Audio and others like USA SPEC BT45INFI, and SAT CAT exist to do the job. The issue for me is I have the XM subscription and I'm not willing to give that up for something aftermarket.

The only device I found that gives hope is this one: https://www.viseeousa.com/products/v...ant=3977406596

If we can find a replacement were in business.
Old 02-08-2020, 10:10 AM
Blackmatic
Registered Member

I feel stupid to just realize the WMA1000 may work just as well. You'd just need a USB to iPod 30-pin cable which are found anywhere.

I'm going to try shooting the manufacturer an email. If I can't get a response I may just buy it off Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.
Old 02-08-2020, 11:21 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 242 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackmatic
I just bought a 2013 G37 non-navigation which I'm faced with the same dilemma. Many satellite radio replacement devices such as the Grom Audio and others like USA SPEC BT45INFI, and SAT CAT exist to do the job. The issue for me is I have the XM subscription and I'm not willing to give that up for something aftermarket.

The only device I found that gives hope is this one: https://www.viseeousa.com/products/v...ant=3977406596

If we can find a replacement were in business.
For what it's worth on my car with the USA Spec unit it alternates whether it goes into SAT or into USA Spec each time I press the AUX button.
Old 02-12-2020, 08:45 PM
Blackmatic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Blackmatic
I feel stupid to just realize the WMA1000 may work just as well. You'd just need a USB to iPod 30-pin cable which are found anywhere.

I'm going to try shooting the manufacturer an email. If I can't get a response I may just buy it off Amazon and return it if it doesn't work.
I just got the WMA1000 and can confirm it does NOT work with my car.

One Amazon user has an older G that had the non-usb connection with the older proprietary input and has it working. I thought I'd give it a shot. Oh well, I'll return these items and get my refund and figure something else out.
Old 02-12-2020, 10:31 PM
Blackmatic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Epiphany
For what it's worth on my car with the USA Spec unit it alternates whether it goes into SAT or into USA Spec each time I press the AUX button.
Thanks for the info.

I'd like to look more into the NAXA device if possible.

I just looked in my arm rest and realized that I had one there all along. It stutters and lags, but it works. Just suggested an improvement I might try. into https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post4266362