Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Music Issues Through USB/ Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2019, 09:17 AM
Joshua972

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Music Issues Through USB/ Bluetooth

my car works perfectly fine except for when one day about a month ago my USB port stopped working for playing music from my iPhone. Same with my Bluetooth where it used to play music and work fine then at the same time it doesn’t work for music and only works for calls. When I hit the “disc aux” button usb and Bluetooth don’t even show up as an option anymore. It sucks that I haven’t been able to find anything on this.
i have a 2010 g37 sedan.
i have an iPhone X but even on my iPhone 8 Plus i had the same problem.
ive tried unplugging my battery, reconnecting my phone to the car, changing cables, trying other phones. Still have no clue. Anyone that knows please help me.
Old 10-30-2019, 11:20 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,323 Likes on 1,073 Posts
First thing you can do is visually inspect the USB port for bent/damaged pins. You will likely need a mirror to be able to see into the port. One thing I have learned with Nissan, these USB ports are cheap crap. If all looks normal, then...

The next thing you can do is run the AV Self-Diagnostic function. This will tell you if everything is connected normally and also provide any error codes:

*IMPORTANT*
When/If you run the diagnostic, DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT reset any settings to default or re-initialize the AV system. When you are done, just keep pressing the BACK button to exit the diagnostic. DO NOT RESET SYSTEM!

Hopefully this will give you a start toward figuring out what's up with your USB/BT.