Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2010 Infiniti G37s Coupe Bluetooth Connection Issues - Software update?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2019, 09:55 AM
mikesamson
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2010 Infiniti G37s Coupe Bluetooth Connection Issues - Software update?

I've been having a lot of issues playing music and making phone calls via Bluetooth in my 2010 G37s. Let me first say that I've used four phones since owning my G and haven't had any Bluetooth issues until recently. I've had a Samsung S6, S7, S8 and now a Pixel XL 2. The Samsung's have worked perfectly and my Pixel 2 XL has worked for about a year until recently.

I've been getting a spotty Bluetooth connection lately. When I play my music through the PLEX app or Google Play Music it will works fine most of the time, occasionally the song will start cutting out every four seconds or so. This interruption has a consistent pattern and does not stop until I restart my phone. Also, when I first get in my car and make a phone call, my display shows that the phone call went through but there's silence on the other end. People can hear me but I can't hear them via Bluetooth. This goes away after about a minute when it seems like the vehicle and phone fully recognize themselves.

As mentioned before, everything has worked flawlessly until about three weeks ago. I've unpaired and reconnected all devices from both my phone and vehicle. I've also downgraded the "Bluetooth AVRCP Version" on my phone with no resolve.

Has anyone had similar issues with there G? Is there a software/firmware update for the car that resolves Bluetooth issues?

Thank you in advance.
Old 09-28-2019, 10:04 AM
takemorepills
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
My Infiniti is the second vehicle I have owned with BT/Nav. My previous car, a 2016 GTI had a more advanced MIB2 system in it. Here's what I learned with both cars: It is almost always something wrong with your phone. I also have an Android Auto Pioneer in my truck.

You just proved my point BTW, stating that the car has been fine until recently. Your Infiniti never gets OTA updates. Nothing changes with the Infiniti. But your phone on the other hand, is constantly being updated OTA (probably automatically as most phones are set to auto).

When I have connection issues, they can even present themselves differently in my other vehicles with the same phone. For 2 months, my phone would forget the GTI. So annoying, then one day, it was working fine. Then a while later, the same phone had issues with my truck. Then, after a while, fine again.

My wife's Samsung is even worse with my previous GTI and my truck.

In all cases, it was the phone that was having an issue, not the vehicles.

I will say, the BT in my 2014 works perfectly. Had the car about 18 months now, never had an issue. Just sometimes takes up to a full minute to pair automatically.

A recent update to my Moto has caused it to constantly send notification tones from all of the apps that can notify. If I have 12 unopened emails in my Yahoo mail, and the garage door opens, I get a notification sound from my garage door then 12 sounds for my 12 unread emails. If I delete an email, I immediately get 11 sounds from my phone. So weird. I hate technology!
Old 09-30-2019, 09:01 AM
mikesamson
Registered Member

Thanks for the input. That does sound frustrating. When I get some time, I'll connect my wife's iPhone X and test out the functionality. I'm sure it's the phone as you mentioned.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:02 AM
JDStud6

Originally Posted by mikesamson
I've been having a lot of issues playing music and making phone calls via Bluetooth in my 2010 G37s. Let me first say that I've used four phones since owning my G and haven't had any Bluetooth issues until recently. I've had a Samsung S6, S7, S8 and now a Pixel XL 2. The Samsung's have worked perfectly and my Pixel 2 XL has worked for about a year until recently.

I've been getting a spotty Bluetooth connection lately. When I play my music through the PLEX app or Google Play Music it will works fine most of the time, occasionally the song will start cutting out every four seconds or so. This interruption has a consistent pattern and does not stop until I restart my phone. Also, when I first get in my car and make a phone call, my display shows that the phone call went through but there's silence on the other end. People can hear me but I can't hear them via Bluetooth. This goes away after about a minute when it seems like the vehicle and phone fully recognize themselves.

As mentioned before, everything has worked flawlessly until about three weeks ago. I've unpaired and reconnected all devices from both my phone and vehicle. I've also downgraded the "Bluetooth AVRCP Version" on my phone with no resolve.

Has anyone had similar issues with there G? Is there a software/firmware update for the car that resolves Bluetooth issues?

Thank you in advance.
I had a Samsung s5 and had no issues connecting to media audio. As soon as I got the Pixel 2 XL, it wouldn't play music through the bluetooth. I disconnected and connected several times when I first paired it, but never could get it to play the bluetooth audio. I always figured it was perhaps a new bluetooth version or something that wasn't compatible with the older car.

JD
Old 10-23-2019, 04:15 PM
mikesamson
Registered Member

Thanks for the input. I wonder if anyone is having issues with the Pixel 3 or Pixel 4 when it releases?
Old 11-25-2019, 05:54 PM
sev1980
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
I had a 2010 ex35 with nav and bluetooth and with my iphone it was endless issues. I believe it is due to the fact that the module inside the nav unit was using bluetooth 1 or 1.1 (i cant remember). I got so fed up with it and also my melting dash that I traded it in. My 2016 Qx50 has the same nav system but has an updated bluetooth module. That one seems to work flawlessly.

I know this doesnt help you per se. but I think the problem is the implementation of bluetooth in the nav unit in the 2010-2013 or 14s. After that they updated the system and fixed all the issues.

at one point I was so fed up with it I was researching FCC ID's, bluetooth modules etc to try to fix this. Alas, it was too difficult.
Old 11-26-2019, 10:23 AM
axis.
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
I had a Oneplus 3 and now a Samsung S10 and both phones have the same calling problems as you.

Playing music is fine 95% of the time. Sometimes I'll hear my music "lag" or skip every 5 seconds and to fix it on my OP3, I had to restart my phone. On my S10, I just simply reconnect Bluetooth connection.

But whenever I'm on the phone, I also get silence on my end for about 30-60 seconds and it's super annoying.