Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review BT-45 INFI, the most simple way to get bluetooth without an FM transmitter

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 12:31 PM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Red face BT-45 INFI, the most simple way to get bluetooth without an FM transmitter

So, I was suggested this product by a forum member as I was looking for a way to get Bluetooth on my car without an FM transmitter. The issue I had was I didnt have RCA connectors or an AUX input, just USB, and we all know thats buggy as **** on any g37 non nav on modern day devices cough spotify users. So, I got the BT-45 INFI, and I have to say, installing was slight, but the end result got me geekin. I am so happy to have this product so I really want to review it to anyone else having the same issue. No one uses the XM radio who cares about that, so thats where this device comes in handy, it plugs into the XM radio connector in the trunk towards the front(of trunk) right, behind some metal and plastic so taking out the clip was a pain in the ***, I recommend taking out the support clip for the cable. After installing I just shoved it into my car somewhere and it just dangles now lol, but its connected and it works. Once you ground it and get everything set, head over to the XM radio by clicking aux a couple times, and click the 1 button, if its not already set to bluetooth. NOTE: You cannot use steering wheel controls to change music, just change the input from bluetooth to aux, which sucks but heres the solution, the seek track **** (the right **** for radios) will change songs, just be gentle as you can skip 50 songs with a quick swipe, lol, but hey my mixtape sucks anyway so I dont have an issue, next thing you know I'm listening to WAKA by 6ix9ine. Anyway, once you're on bluetooth you will head to your device and select "BT45-NIS" and you will hear the worlds loudest, "CONNECTED". At first you might notice that the sound is quiet as hell, so turn it up on both your phone and car, and you'll be okay. The sound quality is a solid 98% from the USB input, and I am definitely overall satisfied with this purchase, I found it on amazon for a solid $135.

TLDR:

Step 1: buy BT-45 INFI for up to 2012 non nav g37's
Step 2: Take off roof carpeting on trunk
Step 3: Head to the front far right of the trunk and find the white clip, with a cable holder, unclip the cable holder and the cable, good luck lol
Step 4: Connect to BT45 to the XM connector, and leave the male cable alone
Step 5: Ground it, you can use the OEM screws in the car it just takes some time and presision
Step 6: Hide that **** in the trunk somewhere and reattach the carpeting
Step 7: Head to your radio system, click on Aux until you hit XM
Step 8: Click the "1" Button for bluetooth or I believe "3" for AUX
Step 9: Go to phone and connect to "BT45-NIS" bluetooth connection till you hear the loud *** CONNECTED sound
Step 10: Turn up the volume on your phone and car and enjoy!

Track changing is made using the Seek **** on the right side of the radio system, be gentle
On steering controls cant be used, even if you hold it, it just changes from aux to bluetooth, but you can change volume

Enjoy!

Amazon Amazon