Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Tesla Style Screen Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2021, 04:26 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Originally Posted by G3727
Mine worked good when I had it installed, took it out to trade my G in but now I’m keeping it so it’ll be going back in after I paint it, my issues with it was the back up cam was not as clear, the screen was hard to see in the daylight when sunny, and I got a bit of buzzing from the speakers. I might try to shield the harness some how to counteract the buzzing and I’ve seen anti glare stuff for the screen. I never downloaded any apps or had the apple CarPlay working cause I had no way of getting a hotspot in the car so I can’t speak on that stuff
Your wireless carrier sells those things that plugs into your obd2 port. I have the 2gb plan from T-Mobile just to stream music. Plays music fine after the 2gb of high speed data runs out but not video.
Old 02-13-2022, 05:40 PM
andryuhat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Screen stopped to work, but buttons work

Hello everyone, so screen stopped to work, but buttons work. There is slightly backlight and that's all. I understand that this issue should be checked by someone with knowledge in electronics but still wondering if someone had the same issue?

Old 04-29-2022, 01:11 PM
alhajami

Back up camera

I ran into some dashboard errors after install. When I pulled the unit out, I found the following ground wire disconnected/exposed. Ignore the pin attached to it, I added that. Any idea if this wire is to be connected anywhere? Are the dash errors unrelated? I left this wire taped and disconnected and drover for a day without any dash errors. This morning they came back again. All screen functionalities are working properly.
Old 09-07-2022, 12:50 PM
Poly_Pusher
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got the latest sc7862 version and figured I'd share my thoughts:

I've owned the px3, px6 and now this sc7862 version of the android vertical head units. The concept is undeniably cool, a large android head unit that integrates seamlessly into the dash of supported late model cars. However, with a 3 core processor and 2 GB of memory, the px3 was far too slow to provide a satisfying experience. It looked awesome in my dash. It integrated perfectly and drew lots of positive comments/questions but the performance was frustratingly slow, almost to the point of being useless. The Google Play store had to be sideloaded and crashes were frequent.

The px6 was a big improvement, with a 6 core processor and 4 GB of memory, performance was substantially improved but it was still just barely fast enough to make these head units practical. I used this model for 2.5 years. The Play store came preloaded. Apps were still slow to load and Google Maps performance was useable but poor.

Now we have the new sc7862 based units... With Android 10, an 8 core processor and 8 GB of memory, this is the version that finally realizes the full potential of this product. The unit is snappy. No more delays when typing. Google Maps runs smoothly. Apps load quickly. The UI has been updated and looks far more sophisticated than the earlier versions. Also, there is an option for glossy or matte finish. The PX6 I had only came in glossy which conflicted with my interior materials. My new sc7862 has a matte finish that looks convincingly stock.

Make sure to pay a little extra for the 8GB version so you have that peace of mind that you won't run out of memory, which slows the device.

If you've been on the fence about these head units for the past few versions, this is the one to jump on. Performance is finally up to expectations. The past two units really seemed like beta models that showed a lot of potential. This unit is that potential fully-realized. Get one, you'll love it as much as I do.

13.6" Vertical Screen Android 10 Fast boot Navigation Receiver for Inf | Phoenix Automotive (phoenixautomotiveinc.com)
The following users liked this post:
projectpanda13 (09-09-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 01:52 PM
Workshop12
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Exclamation

Hi Guys,

Alex here from Workshop 12! I wanted to provide you guys with an update on the G37 Climate control. We have been waiting to give an official update to our community until we go and test the prototype board. We just want to give you guys good news.

We have decided to add a small row of buttons to the wireless charging box that will have all the control for the climate. This is awesome since you will have full control of your climate without the need for the tablet! We will be working on the digital climate for those who wish to have the controls on the tablet or for those who wish to have both options as there will be a USB port behind the row of buttons to add a digital option in the future! We will be sending an updated bucket free of charge with the purchase of the climate control for those customers who already have the kit. I'm hoping to perfect this kit before the holidays

I've attached some photos and renders of what you should expect.

This is a render of the prototype board.

This is the actual prototype board. Unfortunately the screen came damaged and put us back about 2 weeks until we got the new display. Gerald now has everything and is creating a CAD model to fit the board in the existing cubby. NOTE: Our goal is to keep the wireless charging mat! Looks like that will be possible

We will be keeping you guys updated on our social media once we go out and test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us or send us an email to info@workshoptwelve.com

https://workshoptwelve.com/products/g37

Last edited by Workshop12; 10-04-2022 at 03:45 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Workshop12:
iCrap (10-04-2022), projectpanda13 (10-05-2022), takemorepills (12-06-2023)
Old 10-10-2022, 02:56 AM
rtg21
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Whats your EQ settings? @Poly_Pusher
Old 10-10-2022, 12:48 PM
Workshop12
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Hi,

Controlling the EQ depends on which electronics you choose, there are two electronics:

1. MK1.7 Electronics.

The MK1.7 Electronics are for users who are looking for a simple plug and play solution for their vehicles.

The MK1.7 Electronics comes with a 2 channel 100 watt amplifier. It also has the MK1 Companion kit built in. These electronics do not come with hands free calling, Bluetooth, radio, or an equalizer to fine tune your sound. There are ways around this buy purchasing Bluetooth dongles with a mic for hands free calling or downloading apps from the Google Play Store for radio and audio tunning.

EQ would be controlled via the tablet settings or third party apps from the Google Play Store.

2. MK2 Electronics by Kenwood + MK1 Companion Kit:

The MK2 Electronics by Kenwood is a single din Plug-and-Play head unit that gets tucked behind your Brainiac plastics for great audio, tablet charging and multiple Bluetooth device support. You control the MK2 Electronics by Kenwood from your tablet via the Kenwood Remote App. The MK2 Electronics does not come with the MK1 Companion and therefore need to be added to connect climate control.

Since the MK2 Electronics by Kenwood is a single din head unit it comes with a built in 13-Band equalizer and DTA which gives you optimal tuning enhancements.

Feel free to send us an email to info@workshoptwelve.com our team would be happy to answer all your questions in detail. We also offer complimentary 1:1 video calls to help with troubleshooting and installation.

Cheers,
Workshop 12 Team
Old 03-04-2023, 11:26 AM
Tofu
Registered Member

Used Tesla Style Radio for Sale

I used the radio for the last 3 years in my 2012 G37s. Check the eBay listing for more details.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20426420900...mis&media=COPY
Old 03-06-2023, 10:41 AM
bread
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
thread is TLDR

does the stock backup camera work, and does the steering wheel controls work on these devices?
Old 05-31-2023, 05:04 AM
PlimmelJig
Registered Member

New tesla screen installed

I just installed my tesla screen 3 days ago. But my sonar isnt working. Is this common and can it be fixed? I dont really need it but if im missing a plug or such let me know.