Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Tesla Style Screen Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 09:59 AM
RogueJD
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
what's happens when you go in reverse? When I had my unit, i was having a back up camera issue where when in reverse I simply had a black screen, so the unit recognize I was in reverse just didnt have a video feed. Turns out Phoenix automotive put in a " step down converter " for the voltage. After sending pics n troubleshooting the tech releaized the issue n had me remove the converter, camera came right on 9nce I went I to reverse. Let me know if you have the same issue. If so I have a thread that shows a pic of the converter, KINDA.
Yep! I saw that post. If I can get the wont-shut-the-power-off problem fixed, I'll try that. I don't want to reconfigure the harness in case I have to send it back, though.

Also, does anyone know what the CANBUS module (little black box) does exactly? I wonder if that's the problem with the power not going off, and the blinky airbag lights. I tried disconnecting that module, and I see no difference in functionality.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:11 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Originally Posted by Asafzabari
So Today I connected the unit to the harness and it booted up, it looks fine but....On top of that my AFS off light is blinking is it related to the unit or to the fact that I disconnected the battery?
Thanks.
See below. If your AFS light is blinking, that usually means that the AFS control unit lost communication (CANBUS) with the car. You can double check all of your wiring or go back to stock to see if the problem corrects itself.
Originally Posted by RogueJD
Also, does anyone know what the CANBUS module (little black box) does exactly?
Think of CANBUS as the cars intranet. It is what allows all of the systems in the car to talk to each other and perform the different features/tasks that the car has.

More than likely that "little black box" is the interface that allows this Tesla knockoff thing to work with Infiniti's CAN protocols. Some may refer to it as a CAN gateway- the "bridge" between the host (car) and data stacks (systems). It is too complex to get into here but if it is not installed, or if if is installed incorrectly, you will get plenty of CAN (U1000) errors.
The following users liked this post:
RogueJD (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:15 AM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
ON the canbus that I got it says EX25/EX35 with or without it nothing happened, still no sound.
Regarding the AFS function is it possible that I need just to reset due to battery removal or something is wrong?
Old 03-13-2020, 11:25 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,328 Likes on 1,075 Posts
Regarding the AFS function...
If the OFF light is blinking, there is a issue with the AFS system- more than likely a U1000 and U1010 (CAN COMM CIRCUIT & CAN CONTROL UNIT). AFS uses the CAN signals from the SAS to actuate the headlight swivel motor(s). This is per the FSM. There is no reset.

Being that you have issues with installing that Tesla thing, it is 99.9% safe to say that that thing is the source of your problem. Until you get that resolved your AFS will not function (and who knows what else this thing might screw with).
RogueJD (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 11:50 AM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

thanks mate, I will try to figure it out as Phoenix are not responsive at all for now.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:13 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I did try with it connected, nothing... still waiting for Phoenix support (3 days almost)...
call them, everytime I called I usual got an answer. If they dont pic up call back in 15-20min emails take forever.
Asafzabari (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 05:35 PM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

So I called, A guy named Chris from technical support answered me, told me to continue the session via whatsapp, I said okay.
On Whatsapp he told me that the type of car (under advanced settings need to be G37)

after that I need to choose the correct protocol -

The list goes on and on, Chris told me that he need to check it and will be right back, well it has been 1hr and a half and still no news from Chris (you need to understand that in my place the time is 22:40, raining and cold)
anyway while I was waiting I decided to play with the 2 similar connectors -

After that I switched between them I turned on the unit again and everything was the same but the AC (still no sound), the AC controllers didn't responded.
so I switched them back again and this is how it is connected (I think that this is the correct way, Pin location and how to videos) -

Any Ideas?
Thanks again guys.
P.s.
The AFS is working( I was on ACC and not on ON)

Last edited by Asafzabari; 03-13-2020 at 05:37 PM. Reason: AFS
Old 03-13-2020, 05:40 PM
RogueJD
Registered Member

So I called, A guy named Chris from technical support answered me, told me to continue the session via whatsapp, I said okay.
On Whatsapp he told me that the type of car (under advanced settings need to be G37)
Can you tell me how you accessed the "Advanced Settings?" I couldn't seem to find it on mine.
Old 03-13-2020, 07:32 PM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

Go to settings, then go to "Install set"(maybe it will be "Advanced")
The passcode for me was 8861
RogueJD (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 07:34 PM
RogueJD
Registered Member

Go to settings, then go to "Install set"(maybe it will be "Advanced")
The passcode for me was 8861
You're awesome!!

Unfortunately it didn't solve my problem. My dash and tablet stays on when I shut the car off.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:18 PM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

Did you try the user settings?
What unit is it? sounds like it is connected directly to the battery
Old 03-13-2020, 08:21 PM
RogueJD
Registered Member

Did you try the user settings?
What unit is it? sounds like it is connected directly to the battery
I have a G37s, Bose, Nav, Backup cam, Sensors, non-convertible. I have the 13.6 Android 8.1 PX6 unit.

I noticed there is a setting called "Console" in the top menu. I was tinkering with it, and noticed that it can do things like disable keyless push-button entry. It also has a setting that says something like "Dim lights" or "turn off lights" that is default set to 0s. I tinkered with that after multiple reboots, but it doesn't seem to work. I think that's my problem.
Old 03-13-2020, 08:23 PM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

At least you have sound
RogueJD (03-13-2020)
Old 03-13-2020, 10:15 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
I'm telling you, my 13.6in kept all the lights on until I started disconnecting connectors 1 by 1 but then my back up camera went out so yea.
Old 03-14-2020, 06:01 AM
Asafzabari
Registered Member

I don't know what to do, I tried to work with Phoenix support again last night and after 2 sentences via whatsapp the tech guy disappeared once again!!! As much as the unit looks awesome I will returns it.
the 1 thing that I hate the most is bad customer experience.

Quick Reply: Tesla Style Screen Thread