Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Tesla Style Screen Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 05:48 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Well boom, that's nice.
I just removed my tesla screen last night n boy did I miss the power from the OEM head unit because i definitely lost some wattage after installing the tesla screen. Once i get my money back I'll probably place the order for the 13.6 n see what happens.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:04 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Update Just found our Phoenix automotive is now selling the 13.6in screen for the g37, so the 1 I sent back is now being turned into an exchange. The other member said he had no real issues mainly for me he said the bluetooth calling was working just fine which us the whole reason for my return in the first place. I'll post some pics once I receive the unit.
The following users liked this post:
InfinitiG3.7 (10-19-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 10:30 PM
Mrchocolate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help on my mods

Originally Posted by MNfiniti
The backup camera is only an issue in 10-13 non nav with Bose as far as I know. You have to move 2 wires and wire in a 12v-6v step down converter. If you need the info, I can copy / paste the facebook post.
Hello so I installed mine on my 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan with Bose and Nav and a couple things seems not to work, the AC don’t work, the backup camera (Factory) please if you have any idea on how to fix this issue please.
Old 11-23-2019, 11:26 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Mrchocolate
Hello so I installed mine on my 2008 Infiniti G35 Sedan with Bose and Nav and a couple things seems not to work, the AC don’t work, the backup camera (Factory) please if you have any idea on how to fix this issue please.
did you disconnect the 2 connection from the white module that sits above the main unit?
Old 11-23-2019, 11:34 PM
Mrchocolate

Originally Posted by Redgoyabean
did you disconnect the 2 connection from the white module that sits above the main unit?
Yes I did connect those, I left em the way they are
Old 11-24-2019, 07:37 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

Yes I did connect those, I left em the way they are
ok a lot of people were having problems after disconnecting n reconnereconnecting those 2 connectors, if you mistakenly swapped them then that could be the issue. Now with the back up camera, I would need you to look on the harness that labeled camera, take a picture. They might have added a step down converter that's causing your back up camera video not to show. When I had mine n would go into reverse I would only see a black screen, after removing the step down converter it came up.

the red circule is the step down converter, its wrapped in black tape.
Old 11-24-2019, 09:16 AM
Mrchocolate

ok a lot of people were having problems after disconnecting n reconnereconnecting those 2 connectors, if you mistakenly swapped them then that could be the issue. Now with the back up camera, I would need you to look on the harness that labeled camera, take a picture. They might have added a step down converter that's causing your back up camera video not to show. When I had mine n would go into reverse I would only see a black screen, after removing the step down converter it came up.

the red circule is the step down converter, its wrapped in black tape.
THANKS VERY MUCH I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF MINE LATER TODAY THANKS FOR THE DETAILS. You have any idea why my AC WONT WORK...
Old 11-24-2019, 10:13 AM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

THANKS VERY MUCH I WILL SEND YOU PICTURES OF MINE LATER TODAY THANKS FOR THE DETAILS. You have any idea why my AC WONT WORK...
!!!! IF !!!! you swapped the white connectors for the white module that sits on top on the main factory unit then that could be the issue but if you didnt not disconnect them then you should check all connections, the tesla screen AC connector connects kinda by itself, make sure its plugged in.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Mrchocolate

!!!! IF !!!! you swapped the white connectors for the white module that sits on top on the main factory unit then that could be the issue but if you didnt not disconnect them then you should check all connections, the tesla screen AC connector connects kinda by itself, make sure its plugged in.
THANKS I DIDNT AND ALL MY CONNECTIONS SEEM RIGHT,,, but also do you have an idea why my rmp is not working and door information? Is that a software thing or has to do with the connections as well
Old 11-24-2019, 10:28 PM
Redgoyabean
Registered Member

THANKS I DIDNT AND ALL MY CONNECTIONS SEEM RIGHT,,, but also do you have an idea why my rmp is not working and door information? Is that a software thing or has to do with the connections as well
yes I'm thinking software issue, just call them tomorrow, I usually get through. Customer is pretty ok.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:31 AM
Mrchocolate

yes I'm thinking software issue, just call them tomorrow, I usually get through. Customer is pretty ok.
Thanks mate, call Phoenix auto? But I didn’t buy it from them, and the merchant I bought it from are not replying with solutions lol I’m screwed
Old 12-22-2019, 11:04 AM
InvincibleMoose

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought the 13" one from Rhino Radios and it got delivered on Thursday. I was able to follow Dat240zg's instructions and got it installed and working pretty much right away. The only issues I am having are that the factory USB doesn't have an extension with this kit, so it's pretty much impossible to plug in for me. I am going to request an extension cable, or at least info on the connectors so that I can make my own. The steering wheel controls in my 2012 X Couple Non-Nav, Bose, Backup Cam had to be set to Low Impedance "Low-Z" to get them to map.

My issue is that I can't get the thing all the way into the dashboard. Any tips?
Old 12-22-2019, 01:46 PM
InfinitiG3.7
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by InvincibleMoose
I bought the 13" one from Rhino Radios and it got delivered on Thursday. I was able to follow Dat240zg's instructions and got it installed and working pretty much right away. The only issues I am having are that the factory USB doesn't have an extension with this kit, so it's pretty much impossible to plug in for me. I am going to request an extension cable, or at least info on the connectors so that I can make my own. The steering wheel controls in my 2012 X Couple Non-Nav, Bose, Backup Cam had to be set to Low Impedance "Low-Z" to get them to map.

My issue is that I can't get the thing all the way into the dashboard. Any tips?
Email Vanessa in support for any installation questions you may have, she will then direct you to the guy (forgot his name) who can help you in this department or any other questions you may have. I got my professionally installed.
The following users liked this post:
InvincibleMoose (12-22-2019)
Old 12-22-2019, 05:42 PM
InvincibleMoose

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by InfinitiG3.7
Email Vanessa in support for any installation questions you may have, she will then direct you to the guy (forgot his name) who can help you in this department or any other questions you may have. I got my professionally installed.
Thanks, I actually did that just a little bit ago. I have a couple other questions on things like why the steering wheel controls don't work in CarPlay mode, etc. Your install looks really good, that's what I am going for.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:46 PM
M113k_V36
Registered Member

Tesla 13.6 install fitment issues. God help me...

Sooooo... I'm new here. I'm having troubles installing the 13.6 head unit, at the moment. The wiring went with no flaws whatsoever, but I'm having issues with the fitment. The head unit won't slide all the way back into the mounting position. It clips on the top, but it seems to be stuck near the bottom. I tried rewiring and pushing away any obstructions, but I can't seem to slide it in all the way. Anybody have any solutions? I'll get some images soon.

Quick Reply: Tesla Style Screen Thread