Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

gas gauge level not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2022, 07:51 PM
Todds96
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to know. I paid a lot of money to have my mechanic replace the module. Will look at re-solder if the problem reoccurs.
Old 12-09-2022, 09:23 PM
statond3

A/C Amp Meter / Fuel Gauge Not Accurate

Originally Posted by flipmode007
Quick Update: some of you know that I was having a lot of problem when the gas gauge was not reading the gas level properly for the longest time the level was stuck at 3/4 no matter what, I brought the car to 2 infiniti they said paid $150 for diagnostic
the first one said to change the sending unit and fuel pump,
the second shop said they do not know the problem and are waiting for infiniti to send some for the fix and a lot of infiniti are having the same problem
I brought it to another local shop on Thursday and they did test the wiring and continuity, they even change the sending unit and fuel pump that I had bought on ebay and at the scrap but nothing. the mechanic had a software that he pays 200 a month and looked again and saw something called A/C amp. He said if we can get this part we can try if it work it work if not we will do more test. Unbelievably I took one from the 2010 g37x at Kenny u pull from Montreal couple of months ago, brought it to the shop at 5 AM and I took apart the center of the dash and connected the A/C amp and we started to do some test.

1- We took 2 other sending unit and fuel pump
2- both level from the sending unit and fuel pump were on empty
3- We turn the key to ON and the gas gauge on the cluster showed empty
4- We turned the car off
5- We took both level from the sending unit and fuel pump we raise to half a tank
6- We turned the key back to ON and the gas gauge showed half a tank and the mechanic was happy he said there you go it worked.
7-He said that sometime even experience mechanic would of never find that problem
8- He said to keep him up to date when the gas gauge goes under half
I think the problem has been solved my gas level has been going down and now it is under half a tank
So If you change the sending unit and fuel pump and still are having the same issue where the gas level will not read past 3/4 of a tank no matter what you do, the way to fix it is to change the Climate Body Control Amplifier Controller Module BCM
its behind the radio removal and installation took 15 min top and everything would go back to normal.
hope you guys could pass it on to the other driver.

I praise that those mechanics, Infiniti should of known how to fix this issues especially when I paid $150 to have the car diagnose. not cool from them.

- Hey, I own a 2011 G37x Premium and I took my car to the dealership for a diagnostic and “A/C Amp Meter” came up. Because my fuel level haven’t been accurate even after I change my fuel pump system. I found an A/C Amp Meter online for $180. My two questions are, is it “Plug in and Play” ? Once you swap that did it start to work ? I love this website hopefully someone get back to me ASAP.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:35 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 588 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally Posted by statond3
- Hey, I own a 2011 G37x Premium and I took my car to the dealership for a diagnostic and “A/C Amp Meter” came up. Because my fuel level haven’t been accurate even after I change my fuel pump system. I found an A/C Amp Meter online for $180. My two questions are, is it “Plug in and Play” ? Once you swap that did it start to work ? I love this website hopefully someone get back to me ASAP.
Well it is plug and play as long as its the right version of the AC Amp. it has to match to the one in your car, so hopefully you bought the correct one. I found one on ebay for $25 and that fixed my issue.
Old 12-12-2022, 12:23 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,318 Likes on 1,069 Posts
I would not pay $180 for a used unit. There are plenty on eBay for a lot less- you just have to search thoroughly for them. A trick I have found is to search for used AV headunits ("G37 25915") as many sellers do not separate the amp from the headunit and sell the whole unit. Plenty can be found for $50-75 and, upon receipt, just swap the amps and toss the headunit.

As hexotic mentioned above, completely plug-and-play but you must stick with your car type (ie. Coupe, sedan, 'Vert). It is not suggested to "mix-and-match."
Old 01-18-2023, 09:49 PM
mikebrah
Registered Member

Originally Posted by flipmode007
Quick Update: some of you know that I was having a lot of problem when the gas gauge was not reading the gas level properly for the longest time the level was stuck at 3/4 no matter what, I brought the car to 2 infiniti they said paid $150 for diagnostic
the first one said to change the sending unit and fuel pump,
the second shop said they do not know the problem and are waiting for infiniti to send some for the fix and a lot of infiniti are having the same problem
I brought it to another local shop on Thursday and they did test the wiring and continuity, they even change the sending unit and fuel pump that I had bought on ebay and at the scrap but nothing. the mechanic had a software that he pays 200 a month and looked again and saw something called A/C amp. He said if we can get this part we can try if it work it work if not we will do more test. Unbelievably I took one from the 2010 g37x at Kenny u pull from Montreal couple of months ago, brought it to the shop at 5 AM and I took apart the center of the dash and connected the A/C amp and we started to do some test.

1- We took 2 other sending unit and fuel pump
2- both level from the sending unit and fuel pump were on empty
3- We turn the key to ON and the gas gauge on the cluster showed empty
4- We turned the car off
5- We took both level from the sending unit and fuel pump we raise to half a tank
6- We turned the key back to ON and the gas gauge showed half a tank and the mechanic was happy he said there you go it worked.
7-He said that sometime even experience mechanic would of never find that problem
8- He said to keep him up to date when the gas gauge goes under half
I think the problem has been solved my gas level has been going down and now it is under half a tank
So If you change the sending unit and fuel pump and still are having the same issue where the gas level will not read past 3/4 of a tank no matter what you do, the way to fix it is to change the Climate Body Control Amplifier Controller Module BCM
its behind the radio removal and installation took 15 min top and everything would go back to normal.
hope you guys could pass it on to the other driver.

I praise that those mechanics, Infiniti should of known how to fix this issues especially when I paid $150 to have the car diagnose. not cool from them.

hey guys just made an account to reply to this!! I’ve been having the same problem man! I had my fuel pump replaced and the sending unit replaced too. But as most of you guys here the fuel gauge still isn’t back to normal. I will try doing the diagnostics on my cluster to see if that’s the problem! Thank you guys so much for this information and I’ll keep you guys updated too!!
Old 01-19-2023, 08:57 AM
mikebrah
Registered Member

So i tried to run diagnostics on the cluster but I can’t seem to do it right. I followed the steps exactly how they were explained above and I can’t seem to get it in that mode. Now I have a 2010 G37x Coupe and not sure if that makes a difference. Any help would be appreciated!!

Edit: now I replied to this thread last night but some reason it’s not showing. But I got a p0462 code and my gas level wouldn’t go down at all as it stayed at full all the time. So i was told to replace the fuel pump did that and still stuck with the problem. Replaced the fuel sending unit too and still my problem wasn’t fixed. So by reading through this it could be my ac amplifier so I’ll probably order one soon and get it swapped. Hopefully it’s not my cluster but as stated above I can’t seem to self test it myself so any help would be appreciated thank you!!

Last edited by mikebrah; 01-19-2023 at 09:07 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 10:56 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

99.9% of the time when the fuel gauge acts up it is the amp, not the cluster. The only common issue these clusters have is the LED backlighting which is unrelated to your issue.

That said, with your car running, are you able to cycle between the TRIP A and TRIP B odometer readings? If you can cycle through the A/B, then the switch is good. If not, then there's a different issue.

Here is the method. Timing is key!

Key must be ON, not in ACC.

Last edited by ILM-NC G37S; 01-19-2023 at 11:15 AM.
Old 01-19-2023, 11:50 AM
mikebrah
Registered Member

I can cycle through Trip A and trip B just fine while the car is running. So I guess then it’s the Ac amp? If so I read that you mentioned to buy a “AV headunit” and Just take out the Ac amp and install it. Might do that since the ac amp itself is quite expensive too. I’ll keep you updated!
Old 01-19-2023, 11:59 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Did you try running the diagnostic again? Never hurts to try and verify the needles move.

On eBay, many sellers lump the AC amp with the AV headunit and more often than not the price is significantly lower than buying just the amp. Take your time searching and try to buy from reputable sellers.

Just note: you have a Coupe. The donor part must be from a Coupe. It is not suggested to "mix-and-match" from the sedan or 'Vert.
Old 01-19-2023, 12:41 PM
mikebrah
Registered Member

Okay I just went into diagnostic mode and everything is working well. I made sure the gas and the coolant went to halfway in sync and they did. Everything else moved in sync too so I’m guessing it is the ac amp then? Thank you so much for the instructions too it helped a lot!
Old 01-20-2023, 08:33 PM
mikebrah
Registered Member

Hey guys so I found the part number which I need and it’s 27760-Jk71B, now I can’t find any of that exact number but I did find some but it’s 27760-Jk71A. The only difference is the last letter . Now would that make a difference just wanted to ask this before purchasing.
Old 01-20-2023, 08:59 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

As long as it is from a Coupe (same as your car) you should be fine.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:04 PM
mikebrah
Registered Member

Alright thank you! Now I also did find one with the same year as mine and a coupe. But it was from a g37 not a g37x which is the model I own. Would that be a problem as well? Sorry for so many questions I just bought the car and I wanna make sure I do everything correct!!
Old 01-20-2023, 09:08 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

You're good to go as long as it is from a Coupe. That is the only differentiator in this case.
Old 01-20-2023, 09:13 PM
mikebrah
Registered Member

Alright thank you so much! Will update when it comes in and when installed !

Quick Reply: gas gauge level not working