Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

NavTool install on 2010 non-nav g37x Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:21 AM
ChefMatt
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
NavTool install on 2010 non-nav g37x Sedan

Hey all. Just bought a 2010 g37x with 68k on it after my Acura RL lost it's transmission....bummer. Anyway, I bought the Navtool unit and wireless mirroring unit to install. I am familiar with these unuts, mine worked flawlessly in Acura. It also installed in the trunk where the nav unit is.For Infiniti it's a behind-the-dash install, a bit more involved but should be easy with correct instructions. Has anybody done this to a non-nav infiniti before? There is a video on youtube a guy made back in Feb,but it's sketchy at best, and the manual doesn't have a step by step as they did for Acura.........Any help out there? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails NavTool install on 2010 non-nav g37x Sedan-infin1.jpg   NavTool install on 2010 non-nav g37x Sedan-infin2.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 01-18-2018, 05:22 AM
ChefMatt
Registered Member

Bump for zero interest. Damn
Old 03-22-2018, 06:09 PM
Davinci507

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefMatt
Hey all. Just bought a 2010 g37x with 68k on it after my Acura RL lost it's transmission....bummer. Anyway, I bought the Navtool unit and wireless mirroring unit to install. I am familiar with these unuts, mine worked flawlessly in Acura. It also installed in the trunk where the nav unit is.For Infiniti it's a behind-the-dash install, a bit more involved but should be easy with correct instructions. Has anybody done this to a non-nav infiniti before? There is a video on youtube a guy made back in Feb,but it's sketchy at best, and the manual doesn't have a step by step as they did for Acura.........Any help out there? Thanks!
I have ordered the same NAVTOOL for my 2013 G37 Sedan. I installed a GROM unit before and its not that hard to get behind the radio... Without the AUX input the NAVTOOL will not be able to give you audio unless you use an FM Transmitter... which usually suck so I installed the GROM unit instead. I have not installed it yet as I am still waiting on them to clarify where some of these wires need to go (the instructions they gave me were from an older NAVTOOL and don't want to mess it up). If you get this installed please share. Thanks!
Old 03-27-2018, 10:22 AM
kefealo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you success with the Navtool installation with your 2013 G37 Sedan? Can I ask you to what kind of navtool and grom installed? So, I'm watching the youtube videos and now I totally confused. As you wrote your car doesn't have aux input and now how to select your video source? Thanks
Old 03-27-2018, 11:31 AM
ChefMatt
Registered Member

Are you success with the Navtool installation with your 2013 G37 Sedan? Can I ask you to what kind of navtool and grom installed? So, I'm watching the youtube videos and now I totally confused. As you wrote your car doesn't have aux input and now how to select your video source? Thanks

I had a pro install the Navtool. For audio I bought a USA spec bluetooth unit, I installed that myself - it was plug and play in the truck. The video source is selected by a momentary on/off switch (not supplied with navtool). You press and hold the switch, it brings up a menu that you can toggle between inputs (front camera/screen mirror/side camera/backup camera) with each additional press of button. I dont have any cameras installed (except stock backup) so I press and hold, select screen mirror on navtool menu, then pair my phone. The audio source, since I dont have an aux jack in my 2010 37x, goes through the bluetooth. Honestly, I was installing the Navtool originally for streaming audio, the video was a bonus. After spending 300+ for navtool, 200 for install I found that it doesn't support audio in my year car (no aux). So i installed USA Spec to stream bluetooth. In my opinion, the navtool works but doesn't suit my needs. Yes you can stream google maps or waze to nav screen, but the nav screen in g37 isn't really hd, it doesn't have good contrast/brightness for streaming viseo. It works fine, yes but is a major hassle to pair each time, also battery drain is immense with gps, screen mirror, and bluetooth going. Yes you can charge phone while doing all this, but it is just a hassle.

The youtube vids I found for install were sketchy at best, so I had a pro install. Again unit works but imo not worth it.
Old 03-28-2018, 02:33 AM
Fastg37now

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm planning to order one from navtool with carplay